Napolinos Experience

Old 03-24-2024, 07:31 AM

Drive up 441 North just before Ocala to Pasta Faire in Belleview. For the money, you get a lot nicer dining experience, quality of food for very decent prices.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:39 AM

Trashing local businesses is something I totally disagree with. Surely you have something better to do with your time than to post negative comments about a business. All businesses have an off day or an off event but using social media to trash them is awful. Use your senior years to enjoy life and bring happiness to your family, friends and yourself.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,803 Times in 5,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfishjeff View Post
Trashing local businesses is something I totally disagree with. Surely you have something better to do with your time than to post negative comments about a business. All businesses have an off day or an off event but using social media to trash them is awful. Use your senior years to enjoy life and bring happiness to your family, friends and yourself.
So professional restaurant critics should all quit? I enjoy reading posts about the good and bad of local restaurants. If you own a business, you need to satisfy your customers and compete with other businesses or go out of business. What is wrong with transparency?
Old 03-24-2024, 07:54 AM

I’m surprised with as demanding as a large number of people are here, that the restaurant quality isn’t better. I’m not a big fan of buying tickets for trendy restaurants with snob appeal, “celebrity chefs”, and I hate foodie attitude. ( if I never hear “reduction”, “flavor profile”, or “mouth feel” again it’d be just fine with me.)

We had a couple good experiences when Napolinos was Chefs of Napoli, but have had a couple not-so-good experiences since. Everyone has different tastes as evidenced by the wide variety of opinions.

Just give me simple, good quality dishes and I’ll be happy. The entire restaurant industry has changed since Covid. We have a lot of portion controlled, cooking-out-of-a-can places now, unless you want to put out major bucks for one of the independent places. And doesn’t everyone know by now, especially here, that expensive doesn’t always equate to good?
Old 03-24-2024, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,544 Posts

Quote:
Nothing like a bunch of geezers for complaining.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
I’m surprised with as demanding as a large number of people are here, that the restaurant quality isn’t better. I’m not a big fan of buying tickets for trendy restaurants with snob appeal, “celebrity chefs”, and I hate foodie attitude. ( if I never hear “reduction”, “flavor profile”, or “mouth feel” again it’d be just fine with me.)

We had a couple good experiences when Napolinos was Chefs of Napoli, but have had a couple not-so-good experiences since. Everyone has different tastes as evidenced by the wide variety of opinions.

Just give me simple, good quality dishes and I’ll be happy. The entire restaurant industry has changed since Covid. We have a lot of portion controlled, cooking-out-of-a-can places now, unless you want to put out major bucks for one of the independent places. And doesn’t everyone know by now, especially here, that expensive doesn’t always equate to good?
You left out ‘explosion in your mouth’ Cringe
Old 03-24-2024, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,155 Times in 5,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Worst still, the place looks like a Neapolitan bordello.
Hmm how many bordellos have you been too?
Old 03-24-2024, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,155 Times in 5,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
Who eats linguine and clam sauce with chicken parmigiana?
Peasants who dont know better?
Old 03-24-2024, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,803 Times in 5,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post

One problem is that the servers work for tips and almost all customers tip the same amount regardless of the quality of the service. Some posters will even report on terrible service, but then say that they left a 20 percent tip.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:16 AM

I go to Napolino's approximately once/week in Sunday's. I have sampled the majority of the menu down through the years. I can say that 99% of my experiences have been quite satisfactory. I enjoy both the culinary and table service offered
Old 03-24-2024, 08:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
One problem is that the servers work for tips and almost all customers tip the same amount regardless of the quality of the service. Some posters will even report on terrible service, but then say that they left a 20 percent tip.
I’m one of those weirdos. I uniformly give 20% regardless of food/service. It’s normally not waitstaff, it’s the kitchen so why short them. The ultimate FU is not going back and telling friends/fam same. Plus the whole in your face tip shaming culture we live in....for a few extra bucks, I avoid getting ‘the look’!
Old 03-24-2024, 08:32 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,070 Times in 546 Posts
Default Generalized

Quote:

I tend to agree with the OP’s position on Napolinos terrible food. I don’t think he or she was trashing every local business. Just this particular one. The food isn’t genuine, is over priced and the service is terrible. We don’t eat there anymore either. We even go out of our way to avoid their pizza and do Brooklyn’s or Rodello’s.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 03-24-2024, 08:34 AM
Default Restaurant eating

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that the food doesn't matter. Its really all about the company you are with. After some beer or wine your taste buds are shot anyway, BUT, its about the people you are with not the food. In the way you can eat anywhere and be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhippee View Post
This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,256 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy View Post
Every "restaurant" in the Villages is possibly the worst service and food I've ever had. I would rather eat a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from the Army Infantry.... including hospital and VA food. It's absolutely disgusting.
What malarkey!
Old 03-24-2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhippee View Post
This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.
Did you not know that they have been shut down twice in just a few weeks by the Health Department! I would not even go there.

Tags
clams, sauce, clam, white, linguini

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.