New Chinese restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2022, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJacobs View Post

Offsetting the above is that the food is very good. But Yummy House is not P.F. Chang's
Have not been to Yummy House yet. Comparison to P.F. Chang's doesn't help me because I don't care for their offerings.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJacobs View Post
Have you seen the prices at Yummy House? Prices run around $9.95 for soups and the average price for entrees is about $15.00. For the entrees, I will admit that the portions are quite large - each one will serve two. Imagine a party of 4 only ordering 2 entrees. Sort of takes away the idea of sampling different dishes. However, they seem to have a never ending supply of of take out boxes. By the way, if that party of four each ordered their own entrée, they would be given a check totaling about $75.

One other thing - how do two people share a large bowl of soup. They had better bring it with a ladle and two small bowls.

Offsetting the above is that the food is very good. But Yummy House is not P.F. Chang's
My wife loves their egg drop soup so she bought the large size and came home with large container for the next few days. It is not cheap but very good and by 1 pm last time long wait to get n.

Better than pf changs IMHO.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Have not been to Yummy House yet. Comparison to P.F. Chang's doesn't help me because I don't care for their offerings.
Go to Yummy if you like good Chines food you will enjoy it.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
I like Cheng’s in front of Walmart on 466.
i often pass that place. does it have seating, & is it table service or mostly takeout?
Old 09-10-2022, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
My wife loves their egg drop soup so she bought the large size and came home with large container for the next few days. It is not cheap but very good and by 1 pm last time long wait to get n.

Better than pf changs IMHO.
The reason it was so busy by 1pm is because you (we) went on a Sunday when they serve Dim Sum.

Except for PF Changes lettuce wraps, Yummy house is better.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
The reason it was so busy by 1pm is because you (we) went on a Sunday when they serve Dim Sum.

Except for PF Changes lettuce wraps, Yummy house is better.
Changes????
Old 09-11-2022, 07:22 AM

Manhattan and Queens Chinatowns are great for American Chinese. We went to a restaurant in Queens Chinatown where Chinese people eat. Servers only speak Chinese so our friends who only speak Chinese ordered for us. It was dim sum and among the dishes they served a small bird. My husband asked what it was and they kept pointing out the window. We figured it out. It was pigeon. The also served chicken feet and an exotic soup with hard boiled eggs, a whole fish with the head and some other exotic dishes. Needless to say, being a boring American, I ate the white rice, smiled and left hungry.. My favorite here is Koyame.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualcynthia View Post
Manhattan and Queens Chinatowns are great for American Chinese. We went to a restaurant in Queens Chinatown where Chinese people eat. Servers only speak Chinese so our friends who only speak Chinese ordered for us. It was dim sum and among the dishes they served a small bird. My husband asked what it was and they kept pointing out the window. We figured it out. It was pigeon. The also served chicken feet and an exotic soup with hard boiled eggs, a whole fish with the head and some other exotic dishes. Needless to say, being a boring American, I ate the white rice, smiled and left hungry.������������. My favorite here is Koyame. ������
You are lucky. You got to experience real Chinese food. We had a similar experience with friends who moved to the United States from China. We tried everything and it was wonderful, except for the chicken feet. I thought they meant chicken leg and when I popped it in my mouth got stabbed by the claws. There is an art to enjoying certain items. We went back several times and loved it.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremybeluga View Post
Hi
I read awhile ago that there was a new Chinese restaurant opening next to Giovanni’s in the Southern at Trace plaza.
And then… I read on Nextdoor somewhere that it wasn’t happening.
Anyone have info? We really need a good Chinese restaurant!
Thanks
Can’t wait for it to open! Meanwhile, have you ever eaten at Pho Sai Gon? It’s Vietnamese but they also serve several traditional Chinese dishes. Excellent food! Service can be spotty when they get busy but it is always very friendly. You need a car or LSV to get there but it’s not far to drive if you live near Southern Trace.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HospitalCoder View Post
Can’t wait for it to open! Meanwhile, have you ever eaten at Pho Sai Gon? It’s Vietnamese but they also serve several traditional Chinese dishes. Excellent food! Service can be spotty when they get busy but it is always very friendly. You need a car or LSV to get there but it’s not far to drive if you live near Southern Trace.
I did go to Pho Sai Gon and the food was very good. My problem with it is that I do not understand anything on the menu. I wish they had pics or descriptions of the items.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
You are lucky. You got to experience real Chinese food. We had a similar experience with friends who moved to the United States from China. We tried everything and it was wonderful, except for the chicken feet. I thought they meant chicken leg and when I popped it in my mouth got stabbed by the claws. There is an art to enjoying certain items. We went back several times and loved it.
Have been to China many times and luckily for me my associates are Chinese Nationals who understand what I like and do not like.

Do enjoy many Chinese dishes but there are some they know not to my taste and will order many dishes for the table and explain what each one is.

Chinese food in China nothing like what we get here.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:36 AM
Default Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremybeluga View Post
Hi
I read awhile ago that there was a new Chinese restaurant opening next to Giovanni’s in the Southern at Trace plaza.
And then… I read on Nextdoor somewhere that it wasn’t happening.
Anyone have info? We really need a good Chinese restaurant!
Thanks
New in DeLuna, so tried #1 at Traverse Plaza and thought it was as good as our favorite in Southington, CT back north called Zhengs. We will go back and a five minute drive by car.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
I did go to Pho Sai Gon and the food was very good. My problem with it is that I do not understand anything on the menu. I wish they had pics or descriptions of the items.
I think they do have some pics and some descriptions but I know what you mean! I have the take out menu and it even has pics so they have improved in that regard. Usually but not always they have local servers who are happy to help with menu choices.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:59 AM
Veteran member
Default hi end chinese

the only one here has some white linens, and the trouble otherwise is 95% of us complain about prices always.

Years ago we went to Cocoa beach and drove southerly and found ONE real nice place. the wonton soup had sliced pork, lots of vegetables and great wontons. You won't find that here at all.

I am used to NYC Chinese . chow mein dishes ARE vegetables - not noodles. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcats View Post
If some entrepreneur would open a superior Chinese restaurant like many we have up north it would be a gold mine. It seems to me here in the south Chinese is relegated to almost a fast food cheesiness. A classy venue with great food would be a boon both to the Villages and to those that might make this so.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:29 PM

Kung Fu Chef
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, chinese, read, happening, nextdoor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.