New Harvest Restaurant and Bar

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2022, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Not sure this will be for me. First off I do not like wine. Second, the majority of things on the menu are nothing I would order for the most part the filet aside.
I think the menu offers unusual dishes.....using fig in their dishes is a step of from the usual fare I'm used to. Can't wait to try this restaurant.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Sounds almost exactly like what I had at home on Wednesday.
May I come to your house for dinner? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
I checked out the menu. In another time in my life not to far in the past I would have eaten it all. Leads to me my question. I can't eat any more high fat foods but can't find one restaurant that caters to people on a restricted diet or even a "heart healthy" menu? Do they even exists here? Surprising since there are so many seniors here and based on the observed obesity level one would be doing the TV a favor by offering such a menu. Or do I wait ti get institutionalized in assisted care?
Other than fast food (YUCK!!!), most restaurants will serve grilled chicken and healthy veggies. No veggies you like? Order a side salad to go with the grilled chicken. It really isn't difficult to eat heart healthy in The Villages. Even Applebees or Chili's offers those types of meals.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Other than fast food (YUCK!!!), most restaurants will serve grilled chicken and healthy veggies. No veggies you like? Order a side salad to go with the grilled chicken. It really isn't difficult to eat heart healthy in The Villages. Even Applebees or Chili's offers those types of meals.
you are correct , plenty of healthy options, leave the sauces off the meat , no butter on veggies , lots of fish not breaded ,etc. etc . I eat out almost every night and get takeout the other nights, 83 , 138lbs , no meds
Old 04-08-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
I checked out the menu. In another time in my life not to far in the past I would have eaten it all. Leads to me my question. I can't eat any more high fat foods but can't find one restaurant that caters to people on a restricted diet or even a "heart healthy" menu? Do they even exists here? Surprising since there are so many seniors here and based on the observed obesity level one would be doing the TV a favor by offering such a menu. Or do I wait ti get institutionalized in assisted care?
You've made a good point. As vegetarians , we're finding few choices especially in the county club restaurants. Thai Ruby is a delicious exception. I'd also like to see some low salt options.
Old 04-09-2022, 01:57 PM

Etc, etc., etc
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, harvest, club, gourmet, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.