New owners at Riccardi's in Brownwood.

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2021, 12:38 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
We really like Mom & Pops in Lady Lake. Great lasagne most of the pasta homemade
The good ones must last a long time..... that restaurant was there so many years before we ever retired and moved here, it was here when we'd come when our kids were young, it was a place to stop and eat on the way to see family further south, amazing it has lasted so long with the competition form all the chains. Don't even remember how we first found it, think because we were taking OBT south and seems like a local gas station employee told us "there's a real good place to eat just a mile or two on down".... well, we stopped every year after that ! Now we live here right by it.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:46 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
But you're not (or me) from NYC, so you (and I) can't vote on what is good pizza.

You don’t have to be from NYC to have been there many times.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:48 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
You don’t have to be from NYC to have been there many times.
Sarcasm Sheldon, Sarcasm.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Sarcasm Sheldon, Sarcasm.
Admin Really need the SIGN
Old 02-03-2021, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb New Yorker's

We are New Yorker's and believe we have not had a local Pizza that is like what you find in New York. The closes we have come is Piesano's for Italian food. In addition we have spent extended time traveling in Italy including renting a Tuscany Villa and stays in Rome, Naples etc.and the Italian Pizza is kind of unique as it has a little different taste than New York but both are remarkably good. Of course every country and location has it's own method of cooking and so because one does not taste the same as the other does not make it better or worse.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
If you have ever been up north through New York, Conn, RI and Mass and have had great Italian food then you know that Red Sauce, Ricciardi’s and Piesanos are fair at best. Somehow they just do not seem to be able to get to that next level.
Jbrown, Ditto to your comments!

Glad to hear Ricciardi's is under new ownership. My wife and I went there 2 years ago, it was unimpressive especially when her Pasta Bolognese sauce tasted more like the meat sauce they put on NY System Hot Weiners in Rhode Island. I really like the meat sauce on NY System Weiners just not on my pasta.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
But you're not (or me) from NYC, so you (and I) can't vote on what is good pizza.

FYI, the pizza in Boston & Providence RI is as good as any in NY!
Old 02-03-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
FYI, the pizza in Boston & Providence RI is as good as any in NY!
Old 02-03-2021, 01:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
If you have ever been up north through New York, Conn, RI and Mass and have had great Italian food then you know that Red Sauce, Ricciardi’s and Piesanos are fair at best. Somehow they just do not seem to be able to get to that next level.
I have my fire retardant suit on. The wife and I don't care for Piesanos at all, we prefer Sammy's on 301. I'll take a Pizza Hut pizza over Piesanos. When we were living in Tennessee, just across the state line in Kentucky was an Italian restaurant operated by an Italian immigrant who was trained as chef in Italy. His marinara sauce is the best I've ever had. You had to make reservations to get into his restaurant because it was so popular.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I have my fire retardant suit on. The wife and I don't care for Piesanos at all, we prefer Sammy's on 301. I'll take a Pizza Hut pizza over Piesanos. When we were living in Tennessee, just across the state line in Kentucky was an Italian restaurant operated by an Italian immigrant who was trained as chef in Italy. His marinara sauce is the best I've ever had. You had to make reservations to get into his restaurant because it was so popular.
We have had good at Sammy's too.
There is great Italian food and pizza all over this country, NYers jus think they know. A lot of NY pizza does not have flavor.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Live near Providence which has some unfreakingbelievable italian restaurants and to me, Piesano's is the best inside the Villages. Will try Augustine's when I get back.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
That's what I was thinking.... "read up" ? Where would one "read up" on a family ? Are they local people...figured just another group and probably not local but perhaps from somewhere in Florida. Strange comment have no idea if it was meant as a negative maybe ? How many restaurants one family has bought up little by little ? Puzzling but .....
they probably want you to read up on how the local tabloid is wringing the family's dirty laundry in the news. the relentless attacks by the media, acting to destroying lives is wearing thin
Old 02-03-2021, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

we just got back from dinner & i was so impressed!! the food was delicious, service impeccable. a new, more precise menu & hearty portions, too. a VERY good all around experience & will go back next week to try the steaks
Old 02-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
Live near Providence which has some unfreakingbelievable italian restaurants and to me, Piesano's is the best inside the Villages. Will try Augustine's when I get back.
I have a home in the Providence area. You are absolutely right about the "unfreakingbelievable" Italian restaurants, then there's Twin Oaks and Wright's Farm. Haven't found anything like them here.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

Love Piesanos, but I think I found a better Italian restaurant outside of TV land, just to our west. I have to try it first, however, before I let you know for sure. ;-)

Tags
riccardis, family, owners, improvement, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.