New restaurant coming to brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

I am just wondering when this company will take over all the restaurants in the Villages. Move food to be prepared in Ocala and shipped to the Villages. What we need is variety, not rubber stamped stores and restaurants. I do like the fact that is being called.a fish restaurant.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Sage

The Rose Plantation food is very good;however, the ambiance needs improvement--tables are too small ( for 2 people), especially if your table is loaded with wine glasses, water glasses, and a cocktail glass, feel like I have to have surgeons hands to fine tune , when I'm eating there--and the noise level can be harsh @ times--but we go there
Old 03-27-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetterlund View Post
I am just wondering when this company will take over all the restaurants in the Villages. Move food to be prepared in Ocala and shipped to the Villages. What we need is variety, not rubber stamped stores and restaurants. I do like the fact that is being called.a fish restaurant.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
I just hope Bluefin has a lot of cold water fish not just the usual grouper and tilapia that is served here.
So much for a fresh catch of the day. And farmed grouper and tilapia are common here. So warm water or cold we're losing out. Hopefully Bluefin will have a quality fishmonger.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The Rose Plantation food is very good;however, the ambiance needs improvement--tables are too small ( for 2 people), especially if your table is loaded with wine glasses, water glasses, and a cocktail glass, feel like I have to have surgeons hands to fine tune , when I'm eating there--and the noise level can be harsh @ times--but we go there
the neighborhood is also sort of lack luster.....
Old 03-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

All I can say is with all this supposed not up to par food served I wonder why when I go to most of these supposed bad places they're packed with people waiting to be seated. Also looking in the mirror I don't see where I'm not finding food to fill my belly. I came from the Northeast and most places I go I have no problem with if I do I scratch it from my list. We all have a bad night once in a while. Don't see this guy opening another Restaurant if he wasn't making money.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Well....the posters are just going by past experiences with said venue.
What venue?? It isn't open yet. Sheesh
Old 03-27-2018, 08:25 PM

As I said: “past experience”....are you kidding? I’m referencing the other four country clubs that exist here in The Villages. I’ve been to every one of them. See half page ad on D11 of today’s Daily Sun. That’s what I am talking about. Do you want me to name each one? I didn’t say it was open yet. I repeat: “past experience”. Hopefully they can get it right for the fifth time around.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Sad that we live so close to the Gulf and Atlantic but no fresh seafood restaurants.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
As I said: “past experience”....are you kidding? I’m referencing the other four country clubs that exist here in The Villages. I’ve been to every one of them. See half page ad on D11 of today’s Daily Sun. That’s what I am talking about. Do you want me to name each one? I didn’t say it was open yet. I repeat: “past experience”. Hopefully they can get it right for the fifth time around.
Frankly, compared to some of the other operations around here, they do pretty good by comparison. We don't go out more than once a week so we're a little picky and I have found good consistency in FMK's operations for very casual dining. My understanding is Bluefin will be upmarket from the usual TV country club menu. Let's hope.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Sad that we live so close to the Gulf and Atlantic but no fresh seafood restaurants.
Absolutely agree. Shouldn't have to drive to the coast when the product can be driven here in 2 hours.

Tags
brownwood, restaurant, coming, indoor, outdoor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.