New steakhouse coming to Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2022, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Embers was a classy place and it only stayed in business because it had a catering contract I believe with the jail, put a few years it was in business that I was here I certainly enjoyed it once or twice. Unfortunately all the rich seniors want to hold on to their money and there are very few places truly here that are five stars. If you really want that experience besides Burns, there are three of her very good change in Orlando that you can spend two or $300 on for two people with a few drinks that are truly worth it, we went with her brother-in-law and his wife a few years back and the ladies shared a 64 ounce steak plus double Lobster, it was truly delicious and it was double exciting because it was packed with 300 conventioners drinking up a storm.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

If you really want a high-end place in The Villages , why don't two or three of you Big Spenders Pony up a million dollars or two and create another private club??
Old 08-31-2022, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Hire a really good Chef for 100,000 and his wife or her wife as I'm not trying to be sexist, rent a small place six or eight tables and voila you have your private club very high end and exclusive.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Turners is far better than any of the previous establishments at that location. Also Turner's offers better food than 99% of the eateries south of Ocala and north of Orlando.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Just noticed on The Villages Gourmet Club website that a new high end steakhouse will be open in Leesburg next week. <snip>
Skip, I love that website and appreciate the effort it takes to maintain it.

Could you help me understand how to locate NEW listings on the site? I see and use the search feature, but I can't see how to find our the a new restaurant has been added.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Turner's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Turners is far better than any of the previous establishments at that location. Also Turner's offers better food than 99% of the eateries south of Ocala and north of Orlando.
Respect your Opinion of Turner's and have no idea what was there before:

My Opinion: Turner's is a bar run by a pompous chef. Our one and done was highlighted by mediocre food, poor service, uncomfortable seating and a dirty floor frequented by crawling bugs.

You may be right given your geographical selection, and leaving 1% for argument; South of Ocala .. and North or Orlando.. doesnt leave much in the middle, does it ? Those areas are less than an hour away, with plenty of high quality restaurants worth the drive.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Could you help me understand how to locate NEW listings on the site? I see and use the search feature, but I can't see how to find our the a new restaurant has been added.
I just go down to the question 4a at the bottom of their Search Page and pull down to "New Restaurants", then I hit the SEARCH button. Last time I tried it came back with 62 restaurants either recently opened or "coming soon". Some I've never heard of but want to try.

Easy. Great resource.

Skip
Closed Thread

Tags
steakhouse, leesburg, place, street, prices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.