No Whoppers in the Store

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
I went to Burger King on Wedgewood Drive off 466 to use a Buy one Get one Free Whopper and was told this at the Drive Thru: "I'm sorry but we don't have any Whoppers in the store." Couldn't believe my ears! And, when I got home I called every Burger King in and near TV to verify this and got "Mail Box Full". Unbelievable! Has anyone had this happen today?
If you really want to get to the higher ups to express your concern, go to their national website. Find the contact us link and write a note about your experience with no whoppers and tell them which location. I'm sure they would be very interested to hear your news. I'm pretty sure you'll get a response. I have done this with a restaurant that was a national chain that was going downhill. Franchises have to live up to expectations and are supposed to be the same from one to the next. Let us know how this turns out.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,341 Times in 2,065 Posts

They did not have meatballs at the Subway for my ordered meatball sub at the CR466 Subway in WalMart a few months ago. This was their highlighted sub that month so my guess is that they just did not order enough meatballs for their market's demand.

It may not be any kind of corporate conspiracy but just some manager's incompetence at not ordering enough Whoppers or meatballs to meet the new demands created by special deals.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

This is one of those head-scratchers by management. No doubt the manager/owner decided that it was losing money with the 2 for 1 whopper deal. So how do we remedy that - simply don't reorder to replace the ones sold, so you can say we are out of whoppers (or just lie). Save a few bucks in losses (that you should be able to make up in onion ring, soda, and french fry sales, which are huge markup items) and take a PR hit that will cost you big $. Some people should not be in business - the marketplace may decide this one is a loser.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Platinum member

I'm not getting this, why couldn't they make it with burgers?

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I'm not getting this, why couldn't they make it with burgers?
That's what I've been trying to figure out. Isn't a Whopper a burger with special trimmings? And if they were truly out of this, then why wouldn't they just apologize for the inconvience and offer rain checks like most reputable businesses do?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They did not have meatballs at the Subway for my ordered meatball sub at the CR466 Subway in WalMart a few months ago. This was their highlighted sub that month so my guess is that they just did not order enough meatballs for their market's demand.

It may not be any kind of corporate conspiracy but just some manager's incompetence at not ordering enough Whoppers or meatballs to meet the new demands created by special deals.
I don't think it's just confined to special deals; I think it's just, as you said, "manager's incompetence." I was at the Subway on 441 in Lady Lake, and they were telling every customer as soon as they walked in the door that they had no onions because "their supplier hadn't sent enough." Duh...15 minutes and $5 would have gotten them enough onions to last a week from Sam's Club...but would have required thinking outside the box, which I don't think is a job requirement for most fast-food-chain managers.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
I went to Burger King on Wedgewood Drive off 466 to use a Buy one Get one Free Whopper and was told this at the Drive Thru: "I'm sorry but we don't have any Whoppers in the store." Couldn't believe my ears! And, when I got home I called every Burger King in and near TV to verify this and got "Mail Box Full". Unbelievable! Has anyone had this happen today?
Be curious when this was in the day? Night?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Platinum member

I had something like this happen at McDonalds a few months back. They were giving free coffee, if you got the breakfast value meal it was more expensive than if you didn't take the "free" coffee. Seems like when the coffee was free it was no longer a value meal.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
That's what I've been trying to figure out. Isn't a Whopper a burger with special trimmings? And if they were truly out of this, then why wouldn't they just apologize for the inconvience and offer rain checks like most reputable businesses do?
The bun and beef patty is larger than the other selections.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

It was around 5:00 pm
Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
It was around 5:00 pm
They certainly should not have been out of whoppers at that time unless incompetence and something else were also involved. Maybe, they are trying to push the chicken.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Sage

Seems like they took the "eat more chikin" commercial seriously.

BK is telling a whopper!!! I agree it's the manger who is not running that franchise right.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.