NYPD Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

I went the other night. The pizza was delicious and the workers were friendly and efficient. They have an unusual pizza oven. The three levels of trays inside the oven revolve. It looked weird to me. Oh yeah.....they are now delivering and they also serve pizza by the slice in the afternoons, but I don't remember at what time they stop doing it.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Gold member

We were there this afternoon. The place was very busy and they have a pretty good menu. The service was good considering how new NYPD is and how busy they were. Slow but that's because of the crowd. I expected that. The pizza, unfortunately, was disappointing. Definitely not NY style pizza. I just had pizza in NY last week so it's not like I've forgotten what it tastes like. Maybe it'll improve. I'll give them another chance in a few weeks.
Interesting sideline, as we sat there one of the servers sat at a table across the aisle from us rolling the silverware in the napkins. As she worked she checked the silver for marks and rubbed them off with her fingers. When she saw bit of caked on food she scraped it off with her fingernail and rolled it up in a napkin, ready for another customer. I think I'll stick to food I can eat with my fingers.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Veteran member

Dirty hands wiping silverware then rolling it up in napkins? Ugh. Needs to be reported to a manager. Poor training on someones part.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Just my opinion, there are much better places to get pizza in TV and nearby.

Last edited by Aloha; 12-06-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Platinum member

Just had the margarita pizza at Bleecker St. pizza in Greenwich Village which I understand has won best pizza in NYC for three years. It was wonderful. Can anyone compare to NYPD pizza?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:59 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed with the pizza. I had tried one of the Orlando stores and they were very good. I've tried them twice but I be go back again to see if it changes.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Sage

I was amused by the comment in the Daily Sun by the owner of NYPD Pizza. He said the water used in the dough is filtered to get the same Ph as NY City water. He further went on to say a couple of paragraphs later that filtered water from Florida water is no good for the dough.

I have not had their pizza yet. Best pizza around The Villages, I believe, is the pizza at Mallory Hill Country Club.

Trading on the bravery of the NYPD is doubious, I think.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:26 AM

45 minute wait for a TO-GO pizza is a bit much especially when those who sit to eat ordered less than us and came in 15 min after us. Don't mind waiting but DO mind being penalized for WAITING FOR TAKE AWAY. Not polite.
wouldn't happen in NY. Not that they cared, but, we left. we ordered 3 pies and 3 salads. vs split 1 pesonal pie and 1 glass; 2 straws on the cola.
once they iron out the kinks, i hope to go back and try it again.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We're from NY and our issue with pizzas down here is that they put on too much sauce. The last time I had it from Mallory's it was dripping with sauce, yuck! I've been getting it from Flippers - tell them easy on the sauce and well done. It works for us. But we'll give NYPD a try.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage

When you order pizza and you don't like alot of sauce...just say 1/2 the sauce. If you prefer less toppings or more, tell them! Up north we had friends who'd do this...even at Pizza Hut!!

Did you know if you eat at restaurants that serve french fries you can ask for extra crispy, if the fries aren't cooked very long??
Old 10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Hate ti Write This

I really hate to write this as we were looking forward to good NY Pizza and Pasta. Yesterday we ordered and received Pasta and Zitti to go. To
say we were disappointed would be an understatement. First the amount
included in the take out containers were at most 1/3 rd of the containers as opposed to the other Italian Resturant in Wedgewood provides full dishes. They both had way too much sauce. The price for these two combined was
over $20 and adding the two together would not make up one dish. I seriously doubt we will go back for some time. My suggestion for the Owners would be to visit some of the other Italian Resturant's in The Villages to see
their practices. I believe they will have a hard time if they continue to serve
as last night. I seldom give opinions on Resturants as that is really up to the
diner but in this case I would like to see them succeed and therefore I wanted to give our impression. Maybe they should stay with Pizza until they get an act together for other offers.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I really hate to write this as we were looking forward to good NY Pizza and Pasta. Yesterday we ordered and received Pasta and Zitti to go. To
say we were disappointed would be an understatement. First the amount
included in the take out containers were at most 1/3 rd of the containers as opposed to the other Italian Resturant in Wedgewood provides full dishes. They both had way too much sauce. The price for these two combined was
over $20 and adding the two together would not make up one dish. I seriously doubt we will go back for some time. My suggestion for the Owners would be to visit some of the other Italian Resturant's in The Villages to see
their practices. I believe they will have a hard time if they continue to serve
as last night. I seldom give opinions on Resturants as that is really up to the
diner but in this case I would like to see them succeed and therefore I wanted to give our impression. Maybe they should stay with Pizza until they get an act together for other offers.
Maybe you should share your thoughts with the management.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Good Point

Bogie Shooter..That is a good point under normal circumstances. In this case
it is impossible to believe there was no recognition of the amount of pasta included in the take out and if not then it should have been!! As mentioned we were charged over $20 and it was outrages for the amount served.
I can't believe no one noticed in Management. If not then the problem is bigger than a "serving size".
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
We're from NY and our issue with pizzas down here is that they put on too much sauce. The last time I had it from Mallory's it was dripping with sauce, yuck! I've been getting it from Flippers - tell them easy on the sauce and well done. It works for us. But we'll give NYPD a try.
I had never heard of asking for a pizza "well-done" until I got to The Villages and heard some New Yorkers talking about pizza. What other way would pizza be than well-done? In a "regular" pizza, the crust is cooked all the way through, the toppings are cooked completely, and the cheese on top is browned. What the heck is "well-done"?

I like sauce on the pizza. I have had some pizza that barely has any sauce on it and it lacks flavor because of the very limited amount of sauce. The sauce on the pizza makes the flavor as well as the toppings.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I looked at their menu, they have zeppole's and Italian Ice
No Italian Ice here. I think they have a no-compete agreement with High-Five at the other end of the row.

NYPD won't sell Italian Ice and High Five won't sell pizza flavored yogurt or pepperoni toppings for it!

Also their NYPD noon time $.99 pizza slice in Orlando, is $1.99 here.

Skip

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.