Observation on restaurants in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,724 Times in 5,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
One more time....masks do not protect the person that wears them, it protects those around you. When someone doesn't wear one it means they could care less about doing anything that would protect you, and when you don't wear one you are basically telling those around you, screw you, if you get sick you get sick and if I can help that....it's your problem for being around me.
Seems contrary to what Dr. Fauci believes. This is what he said in recent testimony before Congress:

"Masks are extremely important," Fauci said, adding, "There's no doubt that wearing masks protects you and gets you to be protected. So it's people protecting each other. Anything that furthers the use of masks, whether it's giving out free masks or any other mechanism, I am thoroughly in favor of."
Old 07-02-2020, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In my opinion, dining in a restaurant is a completely unnecessary activity, and one of the most likely places to encounter someone with the virus. So, I have been staying away from restaurants, except for occasional takeout and delivery.
I get where you are coming from. I'm dining in restaurants which follow all the guidelines and I'm dining in. It is just too hot for me to enjoy a meal in the blaring heat of the summer here.

I want so much for our local restaurants to survive this economical crisis so hubby and I will support them and their employees.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And they will then start re-establishing restrictions and people will complain about that, even though they were part of the reason why
I'm posting this reply and, you are very right as already hot spot governments are either imposing bar closings after they were opened or holding off on entering another phase of their reopening plans.

The deniers do not see what is coming. Sad.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj523 View Post
You're lucky that your bank is open. Mine (Suntrust) only has drive-up service for deposits and withdrawals only. When I called, I was told that if I needed to do anything else I needed to make an appointment. If it doesn't open for full service soon, I am going to make an appointment, cancel all my accounts, and take my business elsewhere.
There is no reason why any business should be closed at this point. All they need to do is mandate patrons to wear a mask and keep them distanced. That is not that difficult to do. Anyone who does not wish to wear a mask, can go elsewhere.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
There is no reason why any business should be closed at this point. All they need to do is mandate patrons to wear a mask and keep them distanced. That is not that difficult to do. Anyone who does not wish to wear a mask, can go elsewhere.
agreed
Old 07-02-2020, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
I get where you are coming from. I'm dining in restaurants which follow all the guidelines and I'm dining in. It is just too hot for me to enjoy a meal in the blaring heat of the summer here.

I want so much for our local restaurants to survive this economical crisis so hubby and I will support them and their employees.
I hope the local businesses will survive but not yet feel comfortable dining in so we do takeout for stuff like Chinese or Thai where we can reheat the food to make us feel comfortable.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The subject of this thread is "Observation on restaurants in Brownwood." I cannot figure how I can enjoy or even partake of a meal while wearing a mask.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:45 PM
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond The Wall View Post
That has been my attitude all along.
We are NEVER going to be able prevent people from getting sick. Yes. Our age group is at risk, however if you are healthy you should be able to fight it odd. I believe , because of past experiences with other disease ,This happening now will Lessen the fall 2nd wave
So if you don’t feel safe don’t go. Just stop acting like sheep.
. I have never seen such hysteria by people in my life. All viruses throughout history have affected the elderly, people with health issues, and news flash even healthy people. Stop living like sheep in a cocoon. Life is a risk every day. The current Florida death rate is just over 2%. 98% of people infected recover. For Gods sake the annual flu killed 60,000 a year. We have had viruses throughout history and will in the future. Are we going to go on with life or are we going to let the doctors and politicians issue executive orders requiring us to stay home, wear masks, close schools, stop all sporting events, close businesses, and decide when and what we can do. AND FOR GOD SAKE STOP LOOKING LIKE PARANOID SHEEP DRIVING IN YOU CARS AND GOLF CARTS WITH YOUR MASKS ON.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Default Mute

How do I turn on mute?
Old 07-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,505 Posts
Default A thought for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
. I have never seen such hysteria by people in my life. All viruses throughout history have affected the elderly, people with health issues, and news flash even healthy people. Stop living like sheep in a cocoon. Life is a risk every day. The current Florida death rate is just over 2%. 98% of people infected recover. For Gods sake the annual flu killed 60,000 a year. We have had viruses throughout history and will in the future. Are we going to go on with life or are we going to let the doctors and politicians issue executive orders requiring us to stay home, wear masks, close schools, stop all sporting events, close businesses, and decide when and what we can do. AND FOR GOD SAKE STOP LOOKING LIKE PARANOID SHEEP DRIVING IN YOU CARS AND GOLF CARTS WITH YOUR MASKS ON.
I think you might be overly judgemental here, chastising folks whom you see wearing masks in cars or carts. There are many more reasons for wearing a mask than just covid protection. I may have been one of those mask wearers you seem so upset about. I have sinus issues and am subject to infection. I'm glad to be able to wear one now and not be seen as a criminal when I walk in a store with my mask. I have driven my car or cart and worn a mask to protect against pollen and other irritants. In the car, I have gone from one location requiring a mask to another a short distance away. Since my mask is fairly comfortable, I just leave it on for convenience.
So, don't get your nickers in a twist just because someone else decides to wear a mask, unless it makes you feel guilty for not wearing one.
Stay well. Stay safe. Peace!
Old 07-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
The subject of this thread is "Observation on restaurants in Brownwood." I cannot figure how I can enjoy or even partake of a meal while wearing a mask.
Don't be silly. No one is asking you to wear a mask when you are eating and drinking. Restaurants can't stay closed until there is a vaccine. The next best thing they can do is socially distance their patrons. Hubby and I go one step further. We wear our masks when entering and exiting the restaurant and also while we are ordering. We also wear our masks when we go to the restroom.Other than that, our masks are off as we enjoy our meal and drinks.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:51 PM
Sage

We went to Olive Garden on a Friday night, everyone masked, only a few tables occupied. Very pleasant
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-04-2020, 07:15 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,775 Times in 3,643 Posts

Jus went thru BWood.......everyone spaced nicely
Old 07-04-2020, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
Ive noticed that in the beginning if COVID-19 Blue Fin and other “Fred” restaurants were leading in social distancing. Now they appear to be the worse and seem to be the only ones not spacing bar stools apart from each other outside. City fire, World of Beer, Gators Dockside and Riccardis all have social distancing in place. What happened Fred?
Just take a photo of all of them sitting on top of each other, post their photos here, and state if you see any one of these people make sure you wear a mask and stay 6’ away.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:41 PM

Not our observation at Cody's. BlueFin tables are set so your back with 2 feet from the person behind you. That is NOT 6' distancing! No wonder the # are rising in the 32163 zipcode!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, distancing, social, fire, stools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.