Olive Garden

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Default Olive Garden

We tend not to care for all the garlic in food so hardly eat at Olive Garden. I can count on one hand how many times we have eaten there. That being said my husband had 3 teeth pulled and a day later I was trying to figure out something for him to eat - Pasta! So we went to Olive Garden and ordered the Ravioli Portabella. He munched carefully on the salad and I told him not to push it. The waitress came and apologized because they ran out of the sauce for the portabello and it had to be made. That was fine with us as we were in no hurry. I think we waited 15 minutes. The food was delicious and hubby (he is more fussy on Italian than me) liked it. So I hit a home run. Waitress came and apoligized again. She mentioned something about the manager adjusting the bill. At the end of the meal she said Good night. We waited around and I suspected what she meant but couldn't believe it. We caught her attention later and YES our meal and sodas were FREE. Made for a nice night and now we will rethink Olive Garden as we do like lasagna too. Left a nice tip.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I like Olive Garden but, then, I think garlic should be on or in almost everything. So nice to hear such nice words about it.

If you go back, please be sure to ask for Jessica P. -- she's my daughter and needs the money. The more people ask for a server at Olive Garden, the more hours they get. Thank you!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Sage

Olives grow on trees, not in a garden. A grove, yes. Just setting the record straight.
It's a serious issue. not.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I love their Italian Margarita.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Sage

Great! You just had to call it Italian. Here come all the naysayers from ______________ (place name of northern state here). By the way, I like the Garden and will be asking for Jessica P.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Sage

The Italians in Mamaroneck NY where I came from have olive trees in their gardens and fig trees too. They make wine from the figs - i expect they would make wine from the olives if they could figure out how to do it.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 PM

My good Italian friend would not go to Olive Garden. Says it's not "real" Italian food. So last year I got he and his wife a gift certificate for the Olive Garden. They went and actually liked it!
I like their tiramisu too!!!

BB
Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Sage
Default Like spaghetti

We like the spaghetti! Usually enough for hubby and I to split a meal. Can't beat dinner for under 15.00! Everyone there is usually nice. We will ask for Jessica next time we go in.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Eternal Member

We like Olive Garden. I usually get the Chicken Parm. My wife gets the Five Cheese Ziti. Both are is always tasty. And we love the salad and bread sticks.

Plus the coupons in the Sunday fliers help also.

BTW: If I plant a bunch of olive trees in a limited area I think I could call it an Olive (tree) Garden since it would be too small to call it an Olive (tree) orchard.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM

My sister went to OG Tues night with a friend for dinner and took leftovers home. Wed night she stopped by to purchase a couple of breadsticks to have with her leftovers. They gave her 4 breadsticks and didn't charge for them. She has never been an OG fan but they won her over.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Ok, best lasagna to date....

...wait for it....

TooJays!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Here in Penn Dutch area of PA the food is (in my transplanted opinon) just awful. If I want something edible I usually cook it myself. One of the few restaurants I will go to is Olive Garden (although I do not think it is REAL authentic Italian food). I like several of their dishes and love the specials. Everyone has always been very nice to us.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Sage

Olive Garden is the only one of the zillion chain restaurants that I will go to. It may not be authentic Italian, but it's good honest food, not all doctored up.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Sage

The good thing about Olive Garden, Bonefish Grille and other chain restaurants is that they are reliable and consistent for their service and food quality......a concept that Havana and a couple of other country clubs here just will not embrace to make their goal.

My favorite Italian food is Giovanni's....cannot be beat for authenticity, price and fast service. BUT.....the size of the place deters us from going there. Waiting outside on the sidewalk with no patio chairs or seating makes it a real drag. I wish they had a facility of the size of Olive Garden. It would be a gold mine.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
The good thing about Olive Garden, Bonefish Grille and other chain restaurants is that they are reliable and consistent for their service and food quality......a concept that Havana and a couple of other country clubs here just will not embrace to make their goal.

My favorite Italian food is Giovanni's....cannot be beat for authenticity, price and fast service. BUT.....the size of the place deters us from going there. Waiting outside on the sidewalk with no patio chairs or seating makes it a real drag. I wish they had a facility of the size of Olive Garden. It would be a gold mine.
ilovetv" spot on Giovanni migrated from Naples and has done well. I agree wish he would move into a bigger place but then there still would be a long wait

His restaurant according the state health site inspections always results in zero violations ,,,,now that is impressive
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.