Ollie's Frozen Custard

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2020, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_T View Post
I'm just curious how do you eat your frozen custard with a mask on?
You don't. When it is impossible to wear a mask, such as when you are eating or drinking, it is imperative that you keep your distance from other people. Sometimes, it is not feasible to keep a 6 foot distance from a server so the server should get in the habit of standing back if it is possible. There is no perfect solution to this pandemic but we must do the best we can to not spread this virus and keep ourselves safe.

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-19-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:33 PM
Sage

~~~
Old 05-19-2020, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Simple just put the custard in the sun for a few minutes then sip it through a straw,

It's still cold taste great.

I always carry a few straws in my car ya just never know when your need one.
Hmmm. I'm starting to wonder about your problem solving.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Mask paranoia abounds. And many How a mask blocks droplets - YouTubeepidemiologists and other doctors have said they do very little or no good. That their value is mostly psychological.I’m heading to Ollie’s!
That is true of the wearer of the mask. However, the wearer of the mask, who may be an asymptomatic carrier of the virus, protects the people around them by blocking droplets from their nose and mouth. Droplets are the mode of transmission of the virus. One way to mitigate this deadly virus is by wearing masks. Home made masks are extremely effective at blocking droplets. Have a look at this video......

How a mask blocks droplets - YouTube
Old 05-19-2020, 05:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Thank you! It’s nice to see a commonsense post out here every now and then. I also believe that the gloves and the masks look worn and dirty. I would rather just see a clean employee.
I don't wear gloves. My mask is made of two layers of paper towel, one layer of printer paper and 2 layers of tissue. It is disposable so I wear a new mask every time I go into a store where social distancing can not be guaranteed. This includes grocery stores, pharmacies, warehouses, and retail stores. My mask always looks pristine because I discard it after I wear it one time.

My mask blocks droplets so I can not shed virus into the air if I ever become an asymptomatic carrier of the virus. I am keeping you safe, not myself.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
They do if they want my business. Stores also need to require customers to wear “curtesy masks” if they want to do business with me.
Costco requires masks be worn by all employees and all customers. Good for them!!!
Old 05-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE05091 View Post
I walk in the AM and noticed that The Lighthouse restaurant is now serving breakfast. They were using their veranda and set up tables on the boardwalk by the water. They were spaced nicely and I thought it was a good idea. The staff were wearing masks so, I took a menu. I walked by a few days later, and the staff was NOT wearing masks. I asked the outdoor hostess and waitresses why and they replied that their boss said, “If they didn’t feel sick, not to wear one.” I explained that they were putting themselves at risk along with others and they just giggled. I told them I had NO intention of dining there.
Oh my goodness. This is a perfect example of someone who it truly misinformed. I guess this boss doesn't know that an asymptomatic carrier of the virus can infect people around them and not even know it. I'm afraid there are too many people who are not informed like this boss.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardarlowe View Post
I will now eat their custard 4 times a day to support them.
Another uninformed person.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:51 PM
Sage

Originally Posted by ts12755
Trouble maker... I won't go to a restaurant where employees are wearing masks. It makes me feel like I'm there to spend money and these people are sick and diseased. Just take their temperature. Troublemakers should stay home

Replying to the above quote.........
Have you not been watching news media and Coronavirus updates for the past two months? You can not be serious that you think someone with a mask is sick and diseased. It is just the opposite. People are wearing masks because they feel fine and not sick but do not know if they may be an asymptomatic carrier of the disease. Would you prefer to be in contact with someone without a mask but is an asymptomatic carrier of the virus? Think about that!
Old 05-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by worahm View Post
Unless you are talking about using a N-95 rated mask, wearing a cloth or surgical mask is equivalent to erecting a wire fence to keep the mosquitoes out of your yard. They are ineffective and are mostly a "feel good" solution.
Agree, home made masks are ineffective to protect the wearer of the mask. However, the mask blocks droplets which spew from a person's nose and mouth which carry the virus. Let's not forget many people are asymptomatic carriers of the virus. Masks protect the people around the wearer of the mask. Your mask protects me and my mask protects you. This is a very easy concept to grasp yet I see your sentiment by many posters on this forum which speaks to only half the equation.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritabob View Post
People need to get over this obsession with masks. Why do you think they are not mandatory? Because they don't really prevent you from getting anything. They just make people feel good.
Another uninformed person. Sad.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Was in Vietnam last year , everyone in mask almost everywhere. Forward to May 2020=
Population about 100 mil - covid 19 cases -320 deaths from Covid 19 =0
Maybe they are/were on to something.
Masks mitigate the virus by blocking the droplets that contain the virus. Of course, they are on to something. Unfortunately, Americans will not be as compliant. I have a feeling, after reading many of the comments on this forum, that many people do not understand what the mask actually does to mitigate the virus (in other words....prevent the spread of the virus).
Old 05-19-2020, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
Surgeon General says cloth masks don't work. If they did everything could be 100% open. Masks are just for show. If the server doesn't have covid you won't get it. If she does, her mask wont do you any good if she hands you an infected cone.
If the server is an asymptomatic carrier of the virus and she hands you a cone, I would hope she has washed her hands before she handed you the cone. Isn't that what food servers are supposed to do even prior to Covid guidelines? If the server wears a mask, you will be protected from her virus shedding even when she breathes or speaks to you. The server wearing the mask will also prevent him/her from touching his/her nose and mouth so he/she will not pick up the virus on his/her hands.

This is how we Americans can mitigate this virus........wash hands frequently, wear masks when you can not social distance yourself from others and distance yourself when you can.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I don't wear gloves. My mask is made of two layers of paper towel, one layer of printer paper and 2 layers of tissue. It is disposable so I wear a new mask every time I go into a store where social distancing can not be guaranteed. This includes grocery stores, pharmacies, warehouses, and retail stores. My mask always looks pristine because I discard it after I wear it one time.

My mask blocks droplets so I can not shed virus into the air if I ever become an asymptomatic carrier of the virus. I am keeping you safe, not myself.
It’s amazing that you can breathe through all that at all !!!!
Old 05-19-2020, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
It’s amazing that you can breathe through all that at all !!!!
Sounds difficult to breathe through but it really isn't. It is also very comfortable and fits against the face very nicely. The doctor who came up with this design tried several prototypes for the mask says it is good for 4 hours before you should change the mask. I like that it is disposable and it takes me about a minute to put it together.

Tags
care, ollies, cdc, people, frozen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.