O'Shucks in Wildwood - Good place good price

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Default Oysters and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Can't beat their Wednesday bucket of Oysters (30 Oysters) for $15.00
Jack and I this past week and, since I'm not a raw oyster eater, we got half raw and half steamed with melted butter. AMAZING!

I'd also like to give a shout out for their onion rings. I'm not an onion lover, so I prefer really thin onion rings. Well, their onion rings are huge but they smelled so good that I tried them -- and I am now an onion lover. Yum!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Veteran member

went Tonight had fried fish was great fresh hot french fries creamy cole slaw and homemade tarter sauce $7.99 had an ice cold draft beer $1.50. real redneck place, cute girl waiting on us , rays game on the tv.... free internet ( most hi-tech thing there!) $6 pitchers of beer.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Veteran member

Tuesdays all day, is all you can eat wings for $9.75 and I had the garlic parmesan, wonderful. Wednesdays is the oyster bucket (#30) for $15, Friday is a fish fry all day for $7.99. I hesitated before going in since there is NO landscaping, but nice enough inside and really good food.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Location: All over CA, ID, WA, and now the Village of St. James, TV
Default O'Shucks... beer?

Do they have *real* beer- something besides Coors or Bud? Maybe a decent IPA, or at least an amber? I admit it, I'm a beer snob. Looking forward to going for wings night sometime, or the bucket of oysters night which my husband would enjoy.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

No but somethings can be over looked everything else is good. I ask the owner to get Guinness but they probably wouldnt sell enough of that and the price would be to high to stay in line with their purpose. All in all its good
Old 06-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Oh Shucks

First time today. We are frum Md and know our oysters. Got the Po Boy(oyster sand) small oysters. Therefor when deepfried they are not quite as tasty as the plumper variety most often found in Chesapeake area.

On the whole , the sandwich was good, onion rings outstanding, and service well handled . We will definitely go again.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
First time today. We are frum Md and know our oysters. Got the Po Boy(oyster sand) small oysters. Therefor when deepfried they are not quite as tasty as the plumper variety most often found in Chesapeake area.

On the whole , the sandwich was good, onion rings outstanding, and service well handled . We will definitely go again.
Most oysters served in Fla come from the Apalachicola area (Gulf Panhandle) which is still somewhat suffering from the BP Oil spill .... and the summertime is not the best for size or taste from that area. Still, some might fine "sters" from A-cola.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Platinum member

Cannot claim to be a connoisseur of oysters but based on recommendations from ya'll, we went to O'Shucks tonight for dinner and had the fried oysters. They were lightly breaded and very tasty. Hubby liked the clam chowder. We will go back.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Default not a place 4 u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawatha View Post
Do they have *real* beer- something besides Coors or Bud? Maybe a decent IPA, or at least an amber? I admit it, I'm a beer snob. Looking forward to going for wings night sometime, or the bucket of oysters night which my husband would enjoy.
If you are a self proclaimed beer snob this is not a place for you this is down-home redneck no-frills place Was there last night the guy next to me was talking to his buddy about the local jail system and how long it takes to come up for parole It is a very safe place to go but there will be no fancy wine here

Last edited by Moderator; 07-21-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Default O'Shucks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
I've read all these posting and more and more we go off campus to eat out. I know alot of people want some what fancy places to eat but you can"t beat O'Shucks in Wildwood for the fish or burgers etc. and the beer prices. No I don't work there and yes it is far from fancy and it does take a while to get your order but we know that going in. If you havent tried it do especially Friday for the fish. Tues all you can eat wings and the oysters really good.
Ate lunch there last week. Burgers, onion rings, wings and service were great!
Best burger I've had since I moved here.
Yes, the place is a dive but don't judge a book by its cover!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.