Paisanos: Got a strange answer when I called

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2023, 05:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
Sadly, you are correct. That's exactly what occurred last night at 8pm in Lewiston, Maine.

There was an active shooter situation in a restaurant and a bowing alley. Mass killings and injuries. I just saw it on the news.
Extremely sad. I posted a tongue in cheek reason for the hostess not divulging the attendance at her restaurant and an hour later this psycho goes postal. Not feeling good about it.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:28 AM

You could have been an illegal
Terrorist now in the country
looking for info. Although some terrorist are now sadly
admired for their work.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
First- I really love Paisanos.

I'm just curious about a phone conversation I had with the person answering the phone.

I called and asked, "Is there a line waiting to be seated- or do you have seats open"? The young woman answered, "I'm sorry, I can't divulge that information". Huh? Why would that be protected information- who might be at risk?
Easy enough to continue to explain the reason for your question- I’m asking because I’d like to eat at the restaurant at (insert time) and just wondering how long the wait may be for a table for two?

I would fault the restaurant management before I would fault any employee, there seems to be little to no training given to restaurant employee any more And the majority of them are hired with little to no experience.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeref View Post
You could have been an illegal
Terrorist now in the country
looking for info. Although some terrorist are now sadly
admired for their work.
When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-26-2023, 06:22 AM

Just FYI, "active shooter" means there is someone shooting RIGHT NOW.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:37 AM

Quote:
First- I really love Paisanos.

I'm just curious about a phone conversation I had with the person answering the phone.

I called and asked, "Is there a line waiting to be seated- or do you have seats open"? The young woman answered, "I'm sorry, I can't divulge that information". Huh? Why would that be protected information- who might be at risk?
And you felt this was post worthy?
Old 10-26-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmean58 View Post
Old 10-26-2023, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Personally, you couldn't pay me to eat a piece of their soggy, greasy, awful pizza. I even gave them 3 tries - which was 2 more than I should have - because it was so highly spoken of here. Otoh, it lowered my faith in the opinions of some others who post.
Yikes - have you tried the thin-crust pizza? It misses your description on all counts and yes, I'm originally from NY.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Personally, you couldn't pay me to eat a piece of their soggy, greasy, awful pizza. I even gave them 3 tries - which was 2 more than I should have - because it was so highly spoken of here. Otoh, it lowered my faith in the opinions of some others who post.
Irrelevant and no one cares but you.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maistocars View Post
Yikes - have you tried the thin-crust pizza? It misses your description on all counts and yes, I'm originally from NY.
I agree. Piesanos ultra thin crust pizza is consistent and very good. My biggest problem with pizza places is that most of them add way too much cheese and they do not use a consistent recipe. Apparently, a lot of people who make pizza think that every customer wants extra cheese, the more the better. Not true. The cheese and sauce should be applied in measured amounts, according to the recipe.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Why would your faith and opinion of people be lowered by someone's different opinion than yours?
So you don't like it which is ok.
More room for people that do.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:22 AM
Default Does not like Piesanos pizza.

Quote:
Super!
That means I don't have to wait in line behind a whiney New Yorker.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:33 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmean58 View Post
Let this Thread be a warning for innocent posters to open themselves up to sarcasm and negative posts.

I always say that I could open a Thread saying “ it’s a beautiful day in The Villages”. Some would rsp “no! It’s cloudy”, “No the Developer makes too much”, “No I saw dog poop”…. Some people can be so crabby and negative. IMO the OP made a valid question, and they get ridiculed by some here. OK take your potshots at me now. grrrrrr.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for your meticulous attention to detail. Now I'm concerned that folks here were stumped as to what I was asking. I should probably post my question again with your correction.
Sorry, not trying to be nit picky. But, some Villagers think that Piesanos is the same franchise chain as the larger Paisanos franchise in the Northeast.

I lived in Fairfax, Virginia when they opened the first Paisanos restaurant. Now, there are about 36. When they opened Piesanos in The Villages, I thought it was the same chain until I checked the spelling.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 10-26-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:55 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Let this Thread be a warning for innocent posters to open themselves up to sarcasm and negative posts.

I always say that I could open a Thread saying “ it’s a beautiful day in The Villages”. Some would rsp “no! It’s cloudy”, “No the Developer makes too much”, “No I saw dog poop”…. Some people can be so crabby and negative. IMO the OP made a valid question, and they get ridiculed by some here. OK take your potshots at me now. grrrrrr.
Agree.

I would have been frustrated as well with the woman's response.

Tags
paisanos, called, phone, protected, seats

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.