Panda Express coming to Beaumont, 466A

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2023, 03:29 PM
Sage
Default Panda Express coming to Beaumont, 466A

Panda Express has filed plans for a location at the corner of CR466A & CR462 in the Beaumont development.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Panda Express - Wildwood.pdf (1.79 MB, 1244 views)
Old 04-02-2023, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,248 Posts

Wonderful, yet another junk food chain that won't be able to find employees...

Great planning Wildwood...
Old 04-02-2023, 07:51 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post

I have been working very hard lately to regain my optimistic attitude and counter the negative effects the pandemic, the present social political atmosphere, and the isolation and separation techniques have had on me, my attitude, and how they have torn our society apart by taking such a toll on the collective psyche of our nation and community. So with that goal in mind, I tried to find a positive spin to ascribe to the new fast food establishment:

Some people enjoy "fast food", and Asian fusion seems to be a favorite, in all the years we've lived here, the annual surveys have always reflected a great demand/desire for a variety of "chain" food establishments, another new business gives those who are actively seeking work another option, that's always a good thing, as to if a business can, or can not, find sufficient numbers of employees, that is entirely their concern, certainly not OURS as "potential" customers, and every new business is another brick in our crumbling economy, and reflects another brave capitalist (or in the case of "chains" a group of capitalists) and at least it is one more tiny sign that that our economy is slowly trying to "claw it way back". How's that for putting lipstick on (what I assume ?) you think is a "pig" ? If they are unable to find employees, that can always cut the profit margin and offer more to potential employees than their competitors do, and once again, competition is good, good for employees and good for customers, therefore good for our collective CULTURE. I will continue my quest to come back from the effect all the negativism has had on my sunny nature/psyche ! During this Holy week, I invite, even challenge, anyone else reading this, and who feels they have allowed years of a virus, restriction, and bad news to effect them, to join me in my UPWARD personal journey ! Come on, challenge yourself to think of at least ONE counter, one positive aspect, of every negative comment they read on this site, including the building of a new Panda Express location, and any you might read on other social media platforms. Let's start a new trend... the glass half full state of mind !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 04-03-2023 at 04:48 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 04-02-2023, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:

Wow, negative Karen 1st thing out of the box……

Last edited by kcrazorbackfan; 06-16-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:07 PM

. . . . .
Old 04-02-2023, 11:04 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
. . . . .
Well, you might think "yuck, " and someone else may be thinking "GREAT, we're going to get a Panda Express in our area ! Those who are so excited at the new business, probably think one might like very much, think "yuck, ". But why not welcome something for everyone, that's the way I choose to think of it... Just be happy for those who will enjoy it, and some folks who really want a job might get one. I rarely frequent any of them, but happy they are available in our community. My weakness... I wish we had our own Waffle House in the Villages, and some are probably reading this and thinking, YUCK, BARF.... dirty ol W.H., so someone is always going to be thrilled while others are unhappy...LOL !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 04-03-2023 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-03-2023, 04:07 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Occasionally I like Panda Express and for breakfast I like Waffle House too. You can’t beat McDonalds senior coffee before or after a round of golf either. Where can you get excellent coffee for less than a dollar a cup? Something for everyone, let it happen!
Old 04-03-2023, 06:15 AM
Sage

The restaurant isn't the problem.

Beaumont development had the opportunity to plan something new like the collections of shops and restaurants you see in communities like Wesley Chappel.

These become destinations not so different from the squares here.

And with all the new housing, they could have ended up with a state of the art walkable community for working families.

Instead Wildwood enabled development of nothing more than building version 1.1 of the 466 strip.

Last edited by Altavia; 04-03-2023 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Panda Express has filed plans for a location at the corner of CR466A & CR462 in the Beaumont development.
It has been years since I've eaten at one, though I know there is one up on 441. I remember it being pretty good for what would be considered "fast food". Although, most Chinese restaurants are pretty fast, so I guess this would just be "faster food".

Bottom line, I'll give it a try again once they open, now that it will be closer. If it doesn't appeal to you, then don't. Easy Peasy.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,615 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:

Beaumont development had the opportunity to plan something new like the collections of shops and restaurants you see in communities like Wesley Chappel.

These become destinations not so different from the squares here.

And with all the new housing, they could have ended up with a state of the art walkable community for working families.

Instead Wildwood choose a developer capable of nothing more than building version 1.1 of the 466 strip.
Great point. It also would have theoretically eliminated some traffic. Drive there, park once, stay longer. Those residents walk/ride bikes.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Great point. It also would have theoretically eliminated some traffic. Drive there, park once, stay longer. Those residents walk/ride bikes.
Exactly, too bad there wasn't a local developer available with experience planning and building golf cart connected communities...
Old 04-03-2023, 07:58 AM
Gold member

Woohoo, maybe we can get a Chipotle's next !
Old 04-03-2023, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

We need a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen!
Old 04-03-2023, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

I really like Panda Express and I am really glad they are locating here. Beaumont is an amazing development. Much needed and appreciated.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Instead Wildwood choose a developer capable of nothing more than building version 1.1 of the 466 strip.
Actually, I believe the Beaumont family chose the developer. They probably chose the developer who promised them the largest financial return for their property. Wildwood had no say in the choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
panda, express, beaumont, cr462, cr466a

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.