Panda Express coming to Beaumont, 466A

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2023, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
Actually, I believe the Beaumont family chose the developer. They probably chose the developer who promised them the largest financial return for their property. Wildwood had no say in the choice.
Fair enough, more like Wildwood enabled development of ...
Old 04-03-2023, 04:05 PM

The most positive thing I read in you post is YOU keep it up. Some people would not be happy in heaven choose your company wisely.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Occasionally I like Panda Express and for breakfast I like Waffle House too. You can’t beat McDonalds senior coffee before or after a round of golf either. Where can you get excellent coffee for less than a dollar a cup? Something for everyone, let it happen!
Agree on McD's coffee, who would ever have guessed that would be the best in town ! Now it's going to be a LOT more expensive, but.... if Another Broken Egg (when the finally open) serves the same coffee they serve in Charleston, I might have to forget price ! LOL !
Old 04-03-2023, 05:10 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Woohoo, maybe we can get a Chipotle's next !
You never know, could happen, just driving by the northern location it looks like he one off 441 does very well at that end of the villages. What is REALLY NEEDED is an additional Chick-fl-a. The lines JUST to get into the only villages location are really ridiculous; and it doesn't matter what time you go. Think it will thin down after prime lunch hour ? NO WAY, still at least 18 cars or more. Must say whoever manages it does a great job with what they are facing...at rush hour they will have several employees taking orders to the cars in the line, instead of making the entire line wait to get to the window one by one. Impressive, but, Villages could sure use another location and I doubt it would result in the location by Spanish Springs doing any less ? What think others ?`
Old 04-03-2023, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Wow, negative Karen 1st thing out or the box……
Yeah, some of the meals are low carb (w/o the rice)..
Old 04-04-2023, 05:16 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Panda Express has filed plans for a location at the corner of CR466A & CR462 in the Beaumont development.
They better widen 462 pronto. Traffic there will be bottlenecked in no time.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-04-2023, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
I have been working very hard lately to regain my optimistic attitude and counter the negative effects the pandemic, the present social political atmosphere, and the isolation and separation techniques have had on me, my attitude, and how they have torn our society apart by taking such a toll on the collective psyche of our nation and community. So with that goal in mind, I tried to find a positive spin to ascribe to the new fast food establishment:

Some people enjoy "fast food", and Asian fusion seems to be a favorite, in all the years we've lived here, the annual surveys have always reflected a great demand/desire for a variety of "chain" food establishments, another new business gives those who are actively seeking work another option, that's always a good thing, as to if a business can, or can not, find sufficient numbers of employees, that is entirely their concern, certainly not OURS as "potential" customers, and every new business is another brick in our crumbling economy, and reflects another brave capitalist (or in the case of "chains" a group of capitalists) and at least it is one more tiny sign that that our economy is slowly trying to "claw it way back". How's that for putting lipstick on (what I assume ?) you think is a "pig" ? If they are unable to find employees, that can always cut the profit margin and offer more to potential employees than their competitors do, and once again, competition is good, good for employees and good for customers, therefore good for our collective CULTURE. I will continue my quest to come back from the effect all the negativism has had on my sunny nature/psyche ! During this Holy week, I invite, even challenge, anyone else reading this, and who feels they have allowed years of a virus, restriction, and bad news to effect them, to join me in my UPWARD personal journey ! Come on, challenge yourself to think of at least ONE counter, one positive aspect, of every negative comment they read on this site, including the building of a new Panda Express location, and any you might read on other social media platforms. Let's start a new trend... the glass half full state of mind !
As far as fast food is concerned, I think Panda Express is pretty good/healthy. We ask for the veggies instead of rice and get a 2 entree meal. We are pretty full with that and haven't consumed a bunch of carbs.
Old 04-04-2023, 05:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,304 Times in 562 Posts

Great , another Tip Jar
Old 04-04-2023, 06:26 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

I got food poisoning from a Panda Express about 15 years ago, and I have not been back there since. That is the only comment I can make about the place.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:31 AM

I’m all for more development and new businesses.

Panda Express is yucky, but plenty like it.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 04-04-2023, 06:41 AM

No more junk food. Open a greenhouse for healthy food.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDeacon View Post
As far as fast food is concerned, I think Panda Express is pretty good/healthy.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:15 AM
Default Panda

Quote:
Well, you might think "yuck, " and someone else may be thinking "GREAT, we're going to get a Panda Express in our area ! Those who are so excited at the new business, probably think one might like very much, think "yuck, ". But why not welcome something for everyone, that's the way I choose to think of it... Just be happy for those who will enjoy it, and some folks who really want a job might get one. I rarely frequent any of them, but happy they are available in our community. My weakness... I wish we had our own Waffle House in the Villages, and some are probably reading this and thinking, YUCK, BARF.... dirty ol W.H., so someone is always going to be thrilled while others are unhappy...LOL !
Fact: Chick FIL A original chicken sandwich was sold in Waffle House restaurants before it became a restaurant on its own. Was more popular than the waffles. Had to be removed from the menu.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:22 AM
Default Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Wonderful, yet another junk food chain that won't be able to find employees...

Great planning Wildwood...
It took 4 hours for first person to be negative, You win you were the first!!
Old 04-04-2023, 08:24 AM
Default Waffle House

Quote:
Well, you might think "yuck, " and someone else may be thinking "GREAT, we're going to get a Panda Express in our area ! Those who are so excited at the new business, probably think one might like very much, think "yuck, ". But why not welcome something for everyone, that's the way I choose to think of it... Just be happy for those who will enjoy it, and some folks who really want a job might get one. I rarely frequent any of them, but happy they are available in our community. My weakness... I wish we had our own Waffle House in the Villages, and some are probably reading this and thinking, YUCK, BARF.... dirty ol W.H., so someone is always going to be thrilled while others are unhappy...LOL !
I agree! Would LOVE a golf cart accessible Waffle House here.
I contacted corporate 2 years ago and asked them to look into it. Haven't heard anything back...
Maybe if a number of us call them?
Closed Thread

Tags
panda, express, beaumont, cr462, cr466a

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.