Pauly's Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Default Pauly's Pizza

spoke to Pauly today and he says the Villages will not renew his lease...they are "going in another direction"....say goodby to another small business that has been here with great products and good prices for more than 10 years..sad
Old 11-20-2011, 09:53 PM

Funny how "lighting" strikes a week before it's going to close the doors . . .
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

Pauly's is moving 2 1/2 miles away off 466 and Sante Fe Crossing. will be bigger and better than ever. But that's how they treat a guy with 10 years AND wanted to lease the space next door? Another shoe store? That's the diretion they want to go?

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I'm guessing there's more to this story... Not sure why a lease would not get renewed, if it was paid on-time and there were no other issues with the tenant.

Sorry, the "they want to kick the little guy out, after 10 years" just doesn't compute for me...
Old 11-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Pauly's

How about maybe the Villages don't want a pizza place just down the block from the new Italian restaurant? Perhaps being on the square on a prime corner lots provides more rent and with any competition just up the street soon to be gone,a greater chance for the new restaurant to survive-hence the continuation of higher rent for the Villages.Then if they rent the Pauly's store to a different business they get that rent back.HMMM,could it be?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
How about maybe the Villages don't want a pizza place just down the block from the new Italian restaurant? Perhaps being on the square on a prime corner lots provides more rent and with any competition just up the street soon to be gone,a greater chance for the new restaurant to survive-hence the continuation of higher rent for the Villages.Then if they rent the Pauly's store to a different business they get that rent back.HMMM,could it be?
Methinks you are on the right track. It is a resounding theme in these parts that the Developer is difficult to deal with and pretty much wants and gets what he wants on his terms.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Gold member

i prefer upscale places on the square over pizza joints and the like. id hate to see the developer let the squares deteriorate.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I prefer upscale eateries.....It seems to me that hundreds of residents eat out on a regular basis and upscale eateries require upscale prices. it may be nice to eat at an upscale eatery periodically but I don't know very many residents who would want to visit places like that on a daily basis? Perhaps people on the same economic level as the Developer?????
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
I think that Memason's idea is more likely. A pizza restaurant is not direct competition to a fine dining restaurant. Pauly's probably had gross profit close to the new more expensive place because the take out and turn around was faster.

You have to budget if you are a Florida eatery. It is feast or famine depending on the season. Wait staff is payed mostly by tips and can't stay around when the business wanes and the owners can't make it and spend it all, they have to save some to pay the rent and the utilities when the volume drops. We all know that saving for later is a rare trait these days.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Veteran member
Smile

As to the new upscale restaurant in SS, the only thing upscale was the menu.
The acoustics were that of a high school cafeteria and the furnishings were early sports bar.
Actually spoke to one of the owner's reps and he told us the furniture was slated to go into
a Sam Snead Sports Bar that never materialized, hence the half back booths.

As to pizza joints and joints in general, every neighborhood whether upscale or not
has to have at least one good pizza joint, a good burger joint and a comfy old man's bar.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I prefer upscale eateries.....It seems to me that hundreds of residents eat out on a regular basis and upscale eateries require upscale prices. it may be nice to eat at an upscale eatery periodically but I don't know very many residents who would want to visit places like that on a daily basis? Perhaps people on the same economic level as the Developer?????
If statistics are correct, half of the population in The Villages earn over approximately $56,000/yr. That disposable income makes for lots of upscale munchin!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Veteran member
Default Comfy Old Man's Bar

We lost the comfy old man's bar when they ripped out the onsite brew house pub that was orginally housed in the Luigino's building. Great beer there and furnished to all TV country clubs.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Default Pauly's

The theme does consistently seem to be "The Villages will not renew my lease". same story when the Pack and Ship closed at Colony. Of course look what moved into part of their space - a T&D pool store. No connection to The Villages there for sure. Will be interesting to see which of the partners moves into Pauly's.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Platinum member

Could it be that the owners of Pauley's owns the bricks at Santa Fe Crossing. The rent would be really low.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybaby View Post
The theme does consistently seem to be "The Villages will not renew my lease". same story when the Pack and Ship closed at Colony. Of course look what moved into part of their space - a T&D pool store. No connection to The Villages there for sure. Will be interesting to see which of the partners moves into Pauly's.

Regarding the Pack and Ship at Colony if what you say is true then why would The Villages sign a lease for the same type business with different owners in the same shopping plaza???
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.