PDQ now open in Colony Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, Vero Beach, Fl and now The Villages
Default PDQ now open in Colony Plaza

My husband, my niece and I all went to the new PDQ that opened today in Colony Plaza. I had their fresh chicken tenders with fries that I understand are cut there on site, my husband had the same. The chicken fingers were juicy with your choice of 8 sauces and they were some of the best tenders I've had. The fries were hot and I ordered their Cheerwine and I loved it. We had a peanut butter hand-spun shake with chunks of peanut butter in it.....delicious! My niece had her favorite crispy chicken salad, because she's eaten at the Lakeland location many times. The manager Tommy stopped to chat with us and asked about our meal, great guy! The atmosphere and the friendly staff make this a new place we will frequent often!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riachka View Post
I had their fresh chicken tenders with fries that I understand are cut there on site, my husband had the same.
Not trying to be negative but don't understand the advantage of "cut on site" or in Cody's ads saying "hand cut steaks"
Old 11-15-2015, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Not trying to be negative but don't understand the advantage of "cut on site" or in Cody's ads saying "hand cut steaks"
As far as steaks are concerned, I don't know. When it comes to fries being cut on site, that was probably started by Thrasher's French Fries on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. You can stand in front of their window and see whole potatoes sliced and turned into fresh cut french fries just minutes before they are cooked. They've been doing that since 1929. They don't sell any drinks and don't offer ketchup, just vinegar. The line in front of their store is long day and night, people wanting to buy buckets of fresh cut french fries, they're just $10 a bucket.

Ocean City Maryland Tradition | The Original Thrasher

That's Thrashers on the corner next to Boog's BBQ, that line is for their fries, all day and night.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 11-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

We went there tonight; started to pull into McD's but the line wasn't long at PDQ so we went there; my honey had chicken tenders and I had grilled chicken salad; both were really good; will definitely go again.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We all had chicken tenders and fries and milkshakes. Liked everything but the milkshakes were a little too sweet and not ICEY cold. I am a picky milkshake woman, I guess. The folks who served were warm and welcoming and the service was FAST.

Best tenders I have eaten in a loooooooog time. Maybe ever.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Gold member

Went for lunch. Found the food average and did not care for the lumpy french fries. It seems like an OK place for a quick lunch.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:17 AM

Oh, my gosh! There is nothing better than hot Thrasher's fries! That's the ONLY food I'll stand in line for! That's also the only thing I really miss about Maryland! LOL!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

We are in Illinois for the Holiday---drinking our second cup of coffee and watching the first snowflakes of 2015! Looking forward to PDQ and it sounds like a nice addition to colony plaza.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Platinum member
Default Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Cut on site are fresh. Potatoes cut before are flash frozen and sometimes blanched to prevent them from turning dark. Some places even cooked them the first time and then freeze them. Either way, I never met a fry l did not like
Old 11-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
As far as steaks are concerned, I don't know. When it comes to fries being cut on site, that was probably started by Thrasher's French Fries on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. You can stand in front of their window and see whole potatoes sliced and turned into fresh cut french fries just minutes before they are cooked. They've been doing that since 1929. They don't sell any drinks and don't offer ketchup, just vinegar. The line in front of their store is long day and night, people wanting to buy buckets of fresh cut french fries, they're just $10 a bucket.

Ocean City Maryland Tradition | The Original Thrasher

That's Thrashers on the corner next to Boog's BBQ, that line is for their fries, all day and night.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
I went here around 1980. The BEST fries ever! They had cone cups back then. Also went to Phillips Crabhouse. At that time you sat on picnic benches and we would bring your own cooler of beer. Thanks for the memories!

Last edited by Bay Kid; 11-22-2015 at 08:17 AM. Reason: memory
Old 11-22-2015, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Finally found PDQ price menu, hope relevent

Tenders‏

Fresh Tenders Meal
3 crispy chicken tenders with choice of homemade sauce, fresh-cut fries or coleslaw and beverage

Tenders Only
3 crispy chicken tenders with choice of homemade sauce

Kids Meal(Age 10 or Under)
Chicken tender, homemade sauce, fresh-cut fries and a yoo-hoo, juice box or soft drink

Sandwiches

Sandwich Meal
Sandwich, fresh-cut fries or coleslaw and beverage

Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Served on a wheat bun with honey mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickles

Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Served on a egg bun with mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickles

Grilled Turkey Breast Sandwich
"Hand held thanksgiving"served on an egg bun with traditional spice, seasoned mayo, lettuce and cranberry

Crispy Turkey Breast Sandwich
Served on an egg bun with sweet heat sauce, lettuce, tomato and pickles

Hand-Tossed Salads‏

Salad Meal
Salad and‏ beverage

Crispy Chicken Salad
Crispy chicken tenders served over mixed greens, cucumber, tomato and mixed cheese with honey mustard dressing

Grilled Chicken Salad
Grilled chicken tenders served over mixed greens, tomato, candied almonds, craisins and blueberry-ginger vinaigrette

Chicken Caesar Salad
Grilled chicken tenders mixed with romaine hearts, parmesan cheese, croutons and classic caesar dressing

Sides

Fresh-Cut Fries

Fresh Coleslaw

Fresh Apple Slices with Toffee Dip

Extra Tender

Beverages‏

1.79 - 1.99
20 Oz / 32 Oz

Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade

Fresh-Brewed Tea
Sweet, un-sweet, green

Coffee

Bottled Water

Bottled Cheer Wine

Hand-Spun Shakes: Traditional

Vanilla

Chocolate

Strawberry

Hand-Spun Shakes: Specialty

Oreo

Heath

Apple Pie

Malt

Seasonal
Old 11-22-2015, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

If you drop by, they will give you a complete menu in an understandable format.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Veteran member

Ate there yesterday for the first time. The fries did not look like fresh cut but more like string fries. Just our observation based on what we were served. It was freezing in the place so the fries were cold in a matter of a very few minutes. The only thing good about the meal were the tenders. Service was fast but we won't be going back. The restaurant was just way too cold for us.

Tags
chicken, tenders, colony, pdq, peanut, fries, husband, niece, plaza, butter, location, times, lakeland, manager, shes, favorite, salad, crispy, eaten, tommy, guy, make, staff, friendly, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.