Pho Saigon still open?

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Default Pho Saigon still open?

Does anyone know if Pho Saigon on 301 is still open, and if yes are they open tomorrow? I’ve called at least a dozen times in past 3 days and no answer, no voicemail. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2023, 09:52 PM

Closed Sunday even though the sign on the front door doesn't say anything.
Otherwise should be open Monday through Saturday.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:02 AM
Default Pho Saigon

Been there several times the last few weeks...still open...still delicious
Old 07-04-2023, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Been meaning to try it, glad they are still open
Old 07-05-2023, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

I am not particularly a fan of Asian food. I don't eat Chinese, I rarely go to any kind of Japanese Teppan (Beni-Hana) type place, etc. However, I will say, I absolutely love Pho. Especially Pho Ga! It is essentially a peppery chicken noodle soup. I was introduced to Pho when I worked in Westminster in Orange County, CA. This area is also known as "Little Saigon." On a cold or cooler day, especially a rainy one, these places were absolutely jam packed with people ordering Pho and its amazing companions Vietnamese tea and coffee. Generally it (chicken pho or pho ga) is thin strips or chicken breast in a hot broth with rice noodles on the bottom. The broth is flavorful, savory, and satisfying. Sometimes the broth has jalapeño in it, but it is not spicy. Peppery is a better word for it. Like eating chips and salsa, you keep wanting to dip in and get a little more as the flavor of each mouthful fades. The garnishes are usually some kind of cilantro, Vietnamese basil, I think, and sprouts. Add the cilantro, sprouts and basil to your bowl, squeeze in some of the lime and start slurping away. Great stuff, I highly recommend it if you have never tried it!
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 07-05-2023, 12:49 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
I am not particularly a fan of Asian food. I don't eat Chinese, I rarely go to any kind of Japanese Teppan (Beni-Hana) type place, etc. However, I will say, I absolutely love Pho. Especially Pho Ga! It is essentially a peppery chicken noodle soup. I was introduced to Pho when I worked in Westminster in Orange County, CA. This area is also known as "Little Saigon." On a cold or cooler day, especially a rainy one, these places were absolutely jam packed with people ordering Pho and its amazing companions Vietnamese tea and coffee. Generally it (chicken pho or pho ga) is thin strips or chicken breast in a hot broth with rice noodles on the bottom. The broth is flavorful, savory, and satisfying. Sometimes the broth has jalapeño in it, but it is not spicy. Peppery is a better word for it. Like eating chips and salsa, you keep wanting to dip in and get a little more as the flavor of each mouthful fades. The garnishes are usually some kind of cilantro, Vietnamese basil, I think, and sprouts. Add the cilantro, sprouts and basil to your bowl, squeeze in some of the lime and start slurping away. Great stuff, I highly recommend it if you have never tried it!
Yes, I second that! Moving here from the western states, where Pho places are everywhere, I am grateful we have one here close to The Villages - saves me from having to drive to the Asian market area in Orlando. Pho Saigon is pretty solid!
Old 07-05-2023, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Posts such as yours such be banned. I am sitting here salivating all over my keyboard! I think I need some Pho.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Posts such as yours such be banned. I am sitting here salivating all over my keyboard! I think I need some Pho.
I just ordered through Door Dash 😀
Old 07-05-2023, 04:32 PM

Try Pho Village on the other side of The Villages near the hospital. We like that one better.
Closed Thread

Tags
open, pho, saigon, dozen, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.