A piece of history is gone

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Gold member

We played golf at OB last Friday...brought along our swim suits as we often do on these hot days. Had a small cooler with us with 2 bottles of water and 1 can of beer. We were abruptly told NO COOLERS ALLOWED and that we could buy a cold drink from the starter shack. Made our way to the stinky bathroom at the starter shack to change into our swim suits and quickly got out of there. It would be nice if coolers were permitted by ALL pool monitors there during this renovation. It is such a beautiful pool and the residents along with their visitors have always loved spending the day along with their $$$. Maybe it sounds like I'm whining but... it seems like some consideration could be given temporarily while the renovation takes place. Hot dog cart maybe with some cold drinks for purchase and allow patrons to bring their coolers in. Just my opinion
Old 06-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
... it seems like some consideration could be given temporarily while the renovation takes place. Hot dog cart maybe with some cold drinks for purchase and allow patrons to bring their coolers in. Just my opinion
wouldn't a food truck be fun!!!

Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Tom View Post
Sounds like you have a business background, you are very realistic. Most Villagers think if TV wave their magic wand over a project it will be bigger and better. Unfortunately not true on the old (historic) side. Most likely it will be a rec center, like they have done to other locations.
But those "other" locations were on VCCDD controlled executive courses. The OB CC is developer owned like all the other championship courses.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM

Same here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I don't know the correct word to use, but it feels "odd" to be there without the tiki bar opened. It is the most beautiful country club pool in TV, but it isn't the same without the restaurant and tiki bar. It seems almost deserted now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it reopens. I feel confident it will reopen better than ever.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.