Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
MALLORY HILL COUNTRY CLUB IN THE VILLAGES HAS THE BEST PIZZA EVER! But you got to get it from andrew when he is working. hes the best
Ditto that!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Veteran member
Question

Why is there only 4 more months to enjoy Pauly's? Have they posted a closing date?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Ditto that!
Tried the pizza last night at MALLORY HILL COUNTRY CLUB . . . long way from being GREAT. As pizza goes in the Villages it's better than most . . . they need a brick oven with wood buring inside to get more flavor . . . on a scale of 1-10 I'd rate it about a 7 1/2. Within golf cart range of the Villages I think both Bravo's (it does cost more) and Giovanni's make a better pizza.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
Tried the pizza last night at MALLORY HILL COUNTRY CLUB . . . long way from being GREAT. As pizza goes in the Villages it's better than most . . . they need a brick oven with wood buring inside to get more flavor . . . on a scale of 1-10 I'd rate it about a 7 1/2. Within golf cart range of the Villages I think both Bravo's (it does cost more) and Giovanni's make a better pizza.
Had pizza today (4 of us) at Mallory Hill CC and it was delicious. We asked for thin crust and it was perfect when we were served. I could swear that they have a brick oven with wood burning in it? I walked by a big hole in the wall that had flames in it!! Is it gas-fired??? This is just the kind of pizza we like so we would rate it a "10". Tried Bravo's just once and found, for us, they used way too much garlic. It's a good thing we all don't like the same thing or I would never be able to get into Mallory!!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Platinum member
Default The End

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
Why is there only 4 more months to enjoy Pauly's? Have they posted a closing date?
December when their lease is up. Say bye-bye!

Skip
Old 10-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Default Pizza is Greek and spaghetti/pasta is Chinese

Although many countries due their own take of these wonderful dishes, pizza was invented by the Greeks and spaghetti/pasta by the Chinese. My taylor thanks both of these countries for my increasing waist line over the years. Think I'll head to Taki's in Leesburg for a pizza tomorrow night as I just got back into town today. Loving the weather!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:45 PM

Hubby & I enjoy pizza from Giovanni's. We also like Pauly's in Spanish Springs. Understand they are being forced to close and are relocating to the Santa Fe strip mall on 466.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
Anybody miss a Brooklyn pie?
Me..........Lenny's on 5th Ave........and a few more. TJ's was the closest to NY Pizza yet.........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Tried the pizza at Mallory on our visit last weekend based on recommendations here. It was very good. I think for a restaurant that is not exclusively a pizza joint, it is very enjoyable.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
Talked to Tim last night on our Monday Pauly's fix and he told me his lease was expiring and after 10 years they would not renew it. He even tried to expand to the empty store next door but was denied. So in January Paulys is moving to 466 near Sante Fe about 2 miles away to a bigger, more modern and better Paulys.

Thank God there won't be a lapse in or Pauly "fix" but may have to take a car there......

If it has to do with the New Italian place ( Luigianos or something) all I can say is they handed out take out menus last night. Th menu semed weak with much the same fare we go to Giavannis or Olive Garden for. May try it just to see how good the food is but now there will be NO pizza place in SS and that is just wrong......

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 10-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455
Default pizza

PAULYs Pizzaria in Spanish Springs across from the bowling alley..EXCELLENT PIZZA and the garlic rolls are out of this world...
never had a bad meal there...
Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Talked to Tim last night on our Monday Pauly's fix and he told me his lease was expiring and after 10 years they would not renew it. He even tried to expand to the empty store next door but was denied. So in January Paulys is moving to 466 near Sante Fe about 2 miles away to a bigger, more modern and better Paulys.

Thank God there won't be a lapse in or Pauly "fix" but may have to take a car there......

If it has to do with the New Italian place ( Luigianos or something) all I can say is they handed out take out menus last night. Th menu semed weak with much the same fare we go to Giavannis or Olive Garden for. May try it just to see how good the food is but now there will be NO pizza place in SS and that is just wrong......
Luigiano's WILL have pizza...
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

While I've said that Mallory Hills has a good pizza, it's not the best I've ever had. Anyone ever had one from Caserta's on Federal Hill in Providence, RI?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:20 AM

I had it on Columbus Day weekend it's just how you remember it. The Hill was a zoo that weekend.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Luigiano's WILL have pizza...
Yes but it is NOT their primary offering. I wouldn't call them a pizza place

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.