Chefs of Napoli

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Chefs of Napoli

Chefs of Napoli provided the food for our neighborhood dinner last night and it was excellent! From five choices of entrees to wonderful bread and dessert, all very good indeed. It was picked up, not delivered, and proved to be a crowd pleaser.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:08 AM
Default Our favorite restaurant

My husband and I have never had a less than terrific meal at Chef's of Napoli. We dine there and get take out approximately 4 times a month. We were there Saturday and we were told they are opening a chef's of Napoli IV in Ocala.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

Looking forward to having dinner there. Thanks for the reviews.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

For all you Italian bread lovers ... We are from the Philadelphia area and were used to great Italian bread. Unfortunately, here in Florida, it is very difficult to find. Chefs of Napoli sells Italian loaves of bread which is by far, one of the best we have found in central Florida so far. It's worth the drive to pick some up.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Looking forward to having dinner there. Thanks for the reviews.
Also try Mom's and Dad's on 441.

Excellent Spinach LaSagna.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Sage

If you want really great Italian bread, go to Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Pete--look @ their website to see what you've been missing or forgot ,what real Italian food tastes like.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The first time we ate a Chef's of Napoli it was great. The second time they had OSSO Bucco on the specials list and I asked for it. They said they just ran out and it was 5:00. I had veal piccata and it wasn't good. Also I asked for pasta in red sauce on the side and they served the veal over the pasta. The waiter never came back to the table to ask if everything was OK and I couldn't get his attention until it was time to pay the bill.

I guess everyone has an off night.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=2BNTV;1223577]Also try Mom's and Dad's on 441.

Excellent Spinach LaSagna. [/QUOTE

Joe when is that place open? Every time we drive by it is closed.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
If you want really great Italian bread, go to Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Pete--look @ their website to see what you've been missing or forgot ,what real Italian food tastes like.
Mazzaro's is like being back in Italy. Very worth the drive and bring a cooler.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Chefs of Napoli provided the food for our neighborhood dinner last night and it was excellent! From five choices of entrees to wonderful bread and dessert, all very good indeed. It was picked up, not delivered, and proved to be a crowd pleaser.
Oh my. What a wonderful way to end a great day. A proper review of a eating establishment. Shall I risk reading onward and see who would be in the negative or one upmanship column? Nope not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture!
Old 05-11-2016, 04:34 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Italian food heck any food item is based on what a person is use to.
My mother and father were excellent cooks Fresh made macaroni ravilio, gnocchi, veal dishes meat sauce ( no saya the gravy) etc. Look at Giovanni menu and my parents also Neopolitans made them all

So while we all try and not compare when we go out for a meal your well tuned taste buds just take over.

In my neighborhood if a restaurant was not good and someone said it was... the usual refrain was "yea just like your mom"'s " "she can't cook worth a dam either"

bon appetit
Old 05-22-2016, 01:21 PM

I've been there several times now and have decided it is not the saame as when it first opened. I loved the food the first tow times I went but the last couple have been disappointing. Neither the food nor the service have been as good. Too bad I was hoping there was finally a good restaurant here. I've herd several good things about Turners and will try thwm next.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The first time we ate a Chef's of Napoli it was great. The second time they had OSSO Bucco on the specials list and I asked for it. They said they just ran out and it was 5:00. I had veal piccata and it wasn't good. Also I asked for pasta in red sauce on the side and they served the veal over the pasta. The waiter never came back to the table to ask if everything was OK and I couldn't get his attention until it was time to pay the bill.

I guess everyone has an off night.
Doc: tell me about the veal. Was it a real cut or pressed veal?
Old 05-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Platinum member
Default Yes it is oksy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Oh my. What a wonderful way to end a great day. A proper review of a eating establishment. Shall I risk reading onward and see who would be in the negative or one upmanship column? Nope not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture!
It is okay to disagree.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

I have been a big fan of Chefs of Napoli III (Wildwood). I used to go to Chefs of Napoli II (Inverness) before III opened. Twice, toward the end of 2015, I had been disappointed with the food and the service. The second time really put me off. They even screwed up my cocktail order, heaven forbid.

What with our travelling and my apprehension, we didn't get around to returning, until yesterday. It was like old times. The service and the food were both as good as ever. I love their crusty bread. My fried calamari was great. I'm back, Chef Luigi.

Coming soon, Chefs of Napoli lV (Ocala).
Closed Thread

Tags
chefs, napoli, dessert, good, crowd

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.