Habanero's Mexican in Leesburg - wonderful experience

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Sage
Default Habanero's Mexican in Leesburg - wonderful experience

Hi all!
We have been looking for a decent mexican restaurant in the area and stumbled upon Habanero's in Leesburg near the airport. We've been there three times now and the food has been good. Last night we went and they had a mariachi band. They played about 5 songs at our table. They were wonderful! They are there on Wednesday's from 5 til 8 I think. This restaurant could definitely use more customers and I feel bad for them because they seem to do everything right. Give them a try!
Judy
Old 09-05-2008, 03:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr
Default Re: Habanero's Mexican in Leesburg - wonderful experience

If you haven't already, you might want to try El Taxco (in six-gun plaza) on Rt 40 in Ocala (near Silver Springs). We found them to be the best in the tri-county area. They just opened another one in Gainesville. I keep hoping they will open one in TV. I told them about a few of our "EMPTY" buildings to check out. We go there often. :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Sage
Default Re: Habanero's Mexican in Leesburg - wonderful experience

Oh, I forgot to say.... They have really good margaritas and chips and salsa too (habanaro's).
Old 09-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Veteran member
Question

With a name like Habanaro's I get heart burn just typing it. Is it Tex-Mex (hot) or Mexican? (not so hot) type food? I like hot food but it does not like me.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Sage
Default Habanaro's Mexican in Leesburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC24 View Post
With a name like Habanaro's I get heart burn just typing it. Is it Tex-Mex (hot) or Mexican? (not so hot) type food? I like hot food but it does not like me.

It is mexican food. I order fajitas when I go and they are not hot at all. I think you will find a variety of food. Some spicy, some not spicy. Don't miss the marachi band on Wednesday!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Location: Monroe, MI, USAF, Ogden UT, Tipp City OH, Troy OH, The Villages since 2002

Habeneros is one of the best around here. I've been there several times and always had a good meal with excellent service the prices aren't bad either. Every time I go down to the Leesburg mall or am in the area I try to stop in for a meal.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Sage

Thanks for the tip. I hope it is Tex-Mex, because we REALLY miss Tex-Mex, having lived in South Texas.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:30 PM

We eat at Habanero's most of the time when we're in Leesburg, and we've never had a bad experience. If you want something more along the fast food lines, try Tijauna Flats, just south of the Nissan dealer in Leesburg. They have very good food, too, but definitely more like fast food. Classier than Taco Bell or Taco John's, but not as nice as Habanero's.

In Ocala, we like El Toreo ~ the one on Hwy. 200 just to the east of I-75. Actually, we ate there today! Outstanding!

There's been some recent talk on TOTV about Amigo's down on the square in Spanish Springs. The last time we went there (many months ago), the hostess had to fix our food because the cook had disappeared. We never went back. Now that they say it's under new management, I'll be willing to try it one more time.

We love good Mexican food!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.