Prices are to high

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Default Re: Prices are to high

I guess that you don't take into consideration that you drive 40 -50 miles round trip to Mt Dora or Eustis and sit in all that traffic and construction that takes an hour to get there. I figure 50 miles @ $.32/mile (gas, oil, tires, insurance, etc that IRS allows) = @$16.00 you have added to your "cheap" restaurants. Here I just hop in my electric cart and go for nothing and be there in 10 or 15 minutes. Therefore I feel I am getting a bargain in the Villages. (Coupons or not)>
Old 09-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Sage

Buffet Breakfast at K.B.s for six bucks, sounds like a bargain to me! ;D Yum, Yum, we love going out for breakfast/brunch. I can hardly wait. What time do they serve breakfast? Perhaps their prices go up in "high" season when the snowflakes arrive??
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Here is a newbie question: Are prices in restaurants located at the Town Squares higher than restaurants located in (for instance) Southern Trace Plaza? Also, is 20% the standard gratuity in TV, and do you pay
even higher if the service is great?

Looks like I have to start saving up by loonies or learn how to cook. :joke:
20% applies everywhere and not just to TV. Only if you're satisfied with your service. Keep in mind that your server does not prepare your food.

Steve
Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

Take a look at this link. If nothing else it is a guideline for tipping in several types of service.
http://msms.essortment.com/propertippinge_rmuv.htm 8)
Old 09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Platinum member

Thanks DickY

It says it all.

Steve Now lets go eat.
;D
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Default Odd thought!!

Restaurants tolds us the rising costs of food and drinks was due to the "rising cost of gasoline" for transporting food stuffs. I could buy into that then when gas was $4+ a gallon.
Gas is now around $1.75 a gallon. Has anyone seen the prices lowered in the restaurants? Odd thought, isn't it?

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Default Restaurant food cost

It's not that strange, the food cost doesn't only response to the cost of the transportation.

The average food cost for a restaurant is at 35%, People assume that 50% decrease in gasoline cost would bring down the average food cost significantly.

the fact is that the food cost for a typical restaurant would come down 4 % at most, items like rice, cooking oil, egg and few others have gone up 50% at least comparing to beginning of 2008.

the cost of manufactured items like food containers have gone up pretty much when the gas was at $4.00 + per gallon.

Restaurant menu price has to be adjusted responding to inflation, labor cost, rent increase and etc. I have seen many restaurants haven't changed or unable to change their menu prices (mainly competition) for at least 3 years. so once the menu prices have been raised for a restaurant, the prices don't come down because restaurateurs don't think they could raise menu price once every year without losing business.

just my 2 cents.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.