Prima Italian Steakhouse/ Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2023, 08:31 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
That is because Villagers will not pay 60 or 70 dollars for a prime filet. If this restaurant or any restaurant put that on their money they would also get bashed online by the people who live here.

So true, might be a few, but very few, retirees can afford prime meat, and prime filet, WOW ! Don't think Publix even carries prime, that takes a LOT of aging and that means a LOT of trim loss ! Agree, this is not an area of Florida where a prime filet (or any steak cut) would be in great demand, and for good reason ! At $39 a pound, and at times $29 on "sale", actually the loin (filet) of a choice carcass should still be butter tender...unless you're the very well done type...LOL !
Old 03-22-2023, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
So true, might be a few, but very few, retirees can afford prime meat, and prime filet, WOW ! Don't think Publix even carries prime, that takes a LOT of aging and that means a LOT of trim loss ! Agree, this is not an area of Florida where a prime filet (or any steak cut) would be in great demand, and for good reason ! At $39 a pound, and at times $29 on "sale", actually the loin (filet) of a choice carcass should still be butter tender...unless you're the very well done type...LOL !
Publix does carry USDA Prime filet mignons. I buy them all the time. I have 4 in my freezer right now. They are about $30 per pound and worth it. The only restaurant where I know you can get them is Ruth Chris in Orlando.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In my opinion, a high quality steakhouse should serve a USDA Prime filet mignon. Filet mignon is the most popular steak ordered at a steakhouse. But, apparently, Prima serves a lower quality steak. I would rather buy a filet mignon at Publix and cook it at home.
Read an interesting article lately about how Costco was killing the steak restaurant business in some markets. Turns out that Costco Prime beef is some of the best that is available and the point of the article was that people are starting to buy Costco Prime instead of going to high priced steak places.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:59 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts
Default Too cranky is right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyLife View Post
Some ppl are just sooo CRANKY!!! Glad you enjoyed Prima, we are going for lunch tomorrow, nice menu. And Happy Anniversary!!
To "cranky" for sure, sometimes it makes you wonder if people even read the post carefully before responding, at other times, I tend to think certain opinions are expressed so "off the topic", in an attempt to work into the "conversation" something to impress the other readers. At other times it seems there are just some individuals who truly enjoy the anonymous argument game. It's all harmless fun (I guess !) with the morning coffee. I do feel a kind of sadness when a person asks a serious question and is "mocked and made fun of" by some, but that's "social media" for you... thankfully the majority here in America's friendliest home town, give very knowledgeable and useful advice, especially about things around the home and golf cart maintenance, pool maintenance, and so many other serious questions !
Old 03-22-2023, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
Read an interesting article lately about how Costco was killing the steak restaurant business in some markets. Turns out that Costco Prime beef is some of the best that is available and the point of the article was that people are starting to buy Costco Prime instead of going to high priced steak places.
That is exactly my point. I like to eat at restaurants, but I will not go to a high priced steakhouse and pay $50 for a lower quality steak than I can buy at my local Publix or Sam's Club. The high end restaurants should at least serve the best quality beef available in the local market.
Old 03-22-2023, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
On a scale of 1-10, with Peter Lugers being a 10, this place is a 5. JMO of course
Has Peter Lugars moved to TV?
WOW!
Old 03-22-2023, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrento19 View Post
Has Peter Lugars moved to TV?
WOW!
To each their own. Those who wish to cook at home..good for you! Those who wish to eat in a local restaurant..good for you!
I find that most restaurants in TV offer dining out for all price ranges. Even steak houses offer more than steak.
Just remember that we need to support area restaurants if we expect them to remain open.
Old 03-24-2023, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
"Bloody Mary Bar"???

Can you make them like this?

The Villages Florida
The shrimp is a nice touch.
Old 03-24-2023, 01:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Personally, I very satisfied with a good "Choice" grade steak. I've only ben to Prima once and had a New York strip steak and I enjoyed it.
Closed Thread

Tags
prima, good, finished, meal, cappuino

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.