Ramshackle Leesburg - Eaters BEWARE

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2018, 02:40 PM
Default Ramshackle Leesburg - Eaters BEWARE

Last night a group of us bowlers went to Ramshackle"s in Leesburg..we had been there many times in the past. We had a group of 6 and another group of 7 sat at another table. We sat outside which is next to an extremely busy Hwy 441/27 rush hour. We do this because it is disgusting smell inside.

Our waitress came to our table to take drink orders and informed us of their happy hour specials. We all got our drinks in about 10 minutes. Only 2 of the 6 received the drinks that they ordered and informed that the specials we were told about was not valid. So the drinks, like double shots, were NOT delivered. There true 2 for 1 does not exist. The waitress did say she had not been told about the happy hour changes. We asked the manager to come visit but the bar tender came out instead. She told us that the drinks we had were not on special and were told that we had to pay full price for them. We asked again for the manager but he/she never came out.

Our food order did come out about 20 minutes later with many not being the items we ordered. The waitress too the order on a paper towel and said she could not read what was exactly ordered. My order came out as a burger wrap but I had ordered a burger club with 3 slices of bread. After everyone was finished with their food my food was redelivered.

If you have been to Ramshackles you would know that their menus are on newspaper stock. They are a challenge to read. Our bills came out with a 15% automatic tips on them...yes for a table of 6. We had never seen this automatic tip in our prior trips even with 20+ attendees. The waitress said that the menu states that they reserve the right to charge the 15% tip. With the awful service we received we just figured that the waitress put this tip on the tickets because she new good tips were not coming without it.

Our bowling group will never visit this dump again.

Meaning of Ramshackle -adjective. (esp of buildings) badly constructed or maintained; rickety, shaky, or derelict fits here!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

It certainly does sound like she added the tip purposely. Too bad... she actually lost a lot more, in future tips.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Having "...been there many times in the past..." suggests there was no problem.

Hence "many times" no problems.....just the last visit!!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I'm impressed that you sat outside smack on 441. That is one busy, noisy, car exhaust eating area. Usually bikers occupy that spot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2018, 03:33 PM

The name of the place is a hint
Old 02-27-2018, 05:19 PM

place is a dump! i often wonder how they get by with ADA compliance with the restrooms? someone should complain to the authorities, ! we just dont go there anymore , if it is so bad in your opinion, i think maybe u should do the same!
Old 02-27-2018, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

I don't think I would even order food from a place that had a disgusting smell inside much less eat it.......just sayin'.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

IMO the digesting smell inside would of been the first hint too FLEA!
Old 02-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Some folks only have positive things to say.

And others, not so much.

If I am disappointed, I usually think it is that day only, particularly if I had enjoyed the place in the past. It appears they had just changed their happy hour or two-fer policy. As my husband says. It is just one meal. No big deal.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-27-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Veteran member

Two weeks ago, we had a group of 10 at Ramshackle, and our server took our drink orders and meal orders without writing anything down. EVERYTHING was delivered as ordered and to the person who ordered it. I was needless to say, impressed that not one error was made on our orders. Actually our food was quite good as well.

Our server told us up front that the 2 for 1 happy hour was for well drinks, not premium liquor. This wasn't a problem since many were not drinkers in the group. For the record, we have eaten their about 1/2 dozen times with good food and service each time. We also eat outside most of the time, although we stay on the side away from the road.

Never noticed the odors others alluded to, although the bathrooms are quite small.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Never had an issue, or bad service or a strange smell. If the OP had been there many times in the past I suspect they never had issue either.....or how dumb would that be to have an issue with a place and keep going back. Suspect there is something else going on here and view the post with a lot of skepticism.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-27-2018, 09:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I can’t say I’m a big fan of the place but a friend of mine really likes it, so I go there frequently. I have had a couple of minor issues — waitress sitting down with friends rather than taking care of customers, the wrong food delivered once, cold burger. Other than waitress issue, things were resolved quickly with a smile and an apology. The food has always been at least decent to downright good.

I would never ban myself from a restaurant that I’ve gone to several times previously because of one bad server. I doubt the manager was even told there was an issue, let alone that he was asked to come to the table. I really don’t think it is fair to a restaurant to post publicly about poor service unless it is consistently bad, not just a one-time thing. I’m sorry the OP had bad service (and it does sound like all issues stem from the server, not bad food or the like) but that is not the norm for Ramshackle.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Veteran member

I've been there a number of times and have not smelled anything strange. My wife and I really like the wings. We always tell them to throw them back on the grill before bringing them out. If its a nice day we both like sitting outside. Never had a problem reading the menu. I have not had a bad meal there and have been going there for the past 14 years. Its definitely not a 5 star restaurant but its the type of place we both like. Just went there last week. Its been there for a long time, they must be doing something right. Every time someone puts on an automatic tip with me they loose money. If you give me good service, you'll like the tip I leave. Once you put the tip on the bill they set the price. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:00 PM

I went there once.. The place smells of urine .. Never again
Old 02-28-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Passed by several times going elsewhere but never stopped. I’ve always thought the place looked “interesting” and thought maybe lunch there when the time was right. Some of the best seafood we ever had was along the coast in a place very similar to the looks of Ramshackle. We are not real “Picky” about food and second chances couple so perhaps we will give Ramshackle a try sometime. Thanks for your report.

Tags
waitress, drinks, ordered, group, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.