Red Lobster

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default We LIKED it!!

I know why the crowd is so big because we have eaten there. It is the prettiest Red Lobster with the BEST service I have ever entered. The food is the usual yummy stuff.....but..... a little more pricey than I had remembered Red Lobster to be.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

Well they sure did prepare! They had all the staff come in for a week and half for training. 8 hour training classes~!! I think that is the best ever! I can't wait to go for a meal. I LOVE the biscuits they serve! Talk about comfort food....just a basket of those would do!!

Anyway...do you really think the crowds were just regular diners? There was not a special going on??

Suzy Toronto
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Are they serving the 'lottacolada' cocktail? I love those
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default We tried around 4:45 PM Sunday night and found it

just as described by VK. I guess we will have to figure when the masses are not flocking and go then.

Or just wait a couple months...April is not so far away!

BTK
Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Red Lobster is not a low priced family restaurant.

You could wind up spending as much as you would at Bonefish.

The specials are what is lower priced.

BTK
Old 02-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Location: Mpls. MN, Indpls. IN, Chicago IL, LaMirada CA, Clearwater:Pinellas Park:Tampa:Viera FL-The Villages
Unhappy Not that exciting

My husband and I went to Red Lobster this past week. Not that impressed. The service was great, don't get me wrong, but everything else - not impressed. I'm disabled, use a walker. There were so many workers there - why so many - don't know. I'd be walking down the aisle with my walker and would be bumped by the workers. Went to the restroom, had to use the handicap stall - only couldn't. There was a waitress in there primping herself to go back to/to work. Did bring this up to the manager for him to address at the next meeting. The food came, we had trout. Being from MN I know how cooked trout should be. It tasted fine, a little on the watery/too much butter side. I know that there is not alot of 'meat' on these things, but it was maybe 1-2 oz. for a half order. Come on now.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

To avoid the crowd at Red Lobster, we decided to do takeout. The first time we ordered the stuffed flounder and wasn't really pleased with the meal. Tried takeout again and another disappointing dish. Both times, we ordered from the luncheon menu where prices were pretty good, however thought that the dinner prices were a bit much.

Look forward to the opening of the Olive Garden.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
As mentioned the parent company is Darden restaurant group headquartered in Orlando.

They run:

Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Longhorn Steakhouse
The Capital Grille (yummy!)
Bahama Breeze
Seasons 52 (5 locations in FLA)

http://www.darden.com/

And all the food comes from the same kitchen located somewhere in the middle of the country, and is distributed from coast to coast, and after a while it all tastes the same whether it's a fish sandwich or spaghetti & meatballs or bbq ribs.
JMHO,
Big City Food Snob
Old 02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Default Not so great of an experience!

I should have had the pina colada..maybe my food would have tasted better! Our appetizer came out with raw bacon wrapped around scallops. Even the mgr. was appalled. The coconut shrimp was not very tasty either. We were very disappointed, especially for the price. Don't think I'll go back with so many other choices.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

We had Lunch at Red Lobster today. Food was good. Service was good. We ate at the bar. Had Bloody Mary's. Good but no Happy Hour! Prices were about 10% less than Bone Fish. We prefer Bone fish.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Taltarzac
Default Had dinner there on 2-24...

...and even on Mardi Gras it was very crowded around 6:45 p.m. The food was very good but the drinks came about 15 minutes late and the service was not as good as I had expected from the write-ups here.

I would definitely go back there though as the food was not what I had envisoned from past experiences with Red Lobsters in CA.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Eternal Member

We had lunch at Red Lobster last week. The food was great - as usual. My main gripe was that the food arrived about five minutes after the salad so we had no chance to enjoy the salad.

My other gripe is not only for this Red Lobster but the waitress can never seem to remember that we asked for extra seafood cocktail sauces and that we wanted an extra side order of salad dressing.

I will go back though. Red Lobster and Sam St Johns are my favorite seafood restaurants.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Veteran member

Had a great meal at Red Lobster last week ... steak w/shrimp and a lobster sauce and mashed taters. Delicious!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.