The Red Lobster

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Sage
Smile The Red Lobster

My lady friend wants to go out for fish on saturday so I suggested the Red Lobster restaurant. I called them and they said they have about 15 new menu items that are reasonably priced. Has anyone been there lately? What do you think of it? What's good to order? I hate anything that's smoked but I understand that not everything is smoked.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
My lady friend wants to go out for fish on saturday so I suggested the Red Lobster restaurant. I called them and they said they have about 15 new menu items that are reasonably priced. Has anyone been there lately? What do you think of it? What's good to order? I hate anything that's smoked but I understand that not everything is smoked.
I myself prefer Bonefish!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
I haven't been there since the new item, but I can tell you that the 15 items are all under $15.00 according to their website. The 15 items listed are:

Tilapia with Roasted Vegetables
Wood-Grilled Chicken with Portobello Wine Sauce
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Bar Harbor Salad with Shrimp or Salmon
Blue Cheese Sirloin
Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa (½ Portion)
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Alfredo
Caesar Salad Salmon
Chesapeake Shrimp with Crab
Wood-Grilled Pork Chops
Roasted Vegetable Skewers
Tropical BBQ Glazed Chicken
RL Cobb Salad with Shrimp, Salmon or Chicken
Tilapia with Lemon Garlic Butter (½ Portion)
Bar Harbor Salad with Chicken

You can get a description of all 15 and more on their website. www.redlobster.com
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Platinum member

?
One my trip to TV
Where is the best Grouper.
That is a rare find up here.
And does anyone know of anyone that ship over night fresh fish.
If it can be done at all.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Veteran member

I love Red Lobster.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Bonefish Grille.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 PM

Last time we went to Red Lobster here in north Atlanta, it was not good
Service was slow, shrimp was overcooked, place had a moldy smell...the one close to us needs major renovations.....
Bonefish Grill is where wevgo now instead though the food fare is different from Red L
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Sage

Bonefish without a doubt - may cost more but worth it.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Veteran member

Ditto!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Bonefish without a doubt - may cost more but worth it.
Absolutely agree! The ambience and quality of food are much better. It is a little more expensive, but worth it.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Bonefish

Quote:
Another vote for Bonefish - great menu and the ambiance, service and atmosphere is excellent.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Sage

The Darden Corp which has Red Lobster and Olive Garden has been cutting employee hours to under 30 per week so they will not have to provide health insurance. This has resulted in a drop in business from customers who are social minded.

One customer was quoted in the Orlando Sentinel as saying he and his wife have decided not to go to Red Lobster anymore based on the fact he did not want unhappy employees who just had hours cut preparing and serving his food. That seems to be reasonable to me.

Personally, I like Bonefish a lot better anyhow and do not go to Red Lobster - but the company policy of cutting employee hours to part time cinches it for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
The Darden Corp which has Red Lobster and Olive Garden has been cutting employee hours to under 30 per week so they will not have to provide health insurance. This has resulted in a drop in business from customers who are social minded.

One customer was quoted in the Orlando Sentinel as saying he and his wife have decided not to go to Red Lobster anymore based on the fact he did not want unhappy employees who just had hours cut preparing and serving his food. That seems to be reasonable to me.

Personally, I like Bonefish a lot better anyhow and do not go to Red Lobster - but the company policy of cutting employee hours to part time cinches it for me.
buggyone, Thank you for posting this information. I have enjoyed eating at Olive Garden and Red Lobster in the past. Will have to rethink eating at these places in the future.

Just my 2 cents -- I would choose Bonefish over Red Lobster.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I wonder just how many people will be thanking the political activisim of the "social minded" when their boycotts inevitably results in their totally losing their jobs!

The cut backs that are occurring are not limited to just restaurants, but to many other retail outlets as well. Are you also going to boycott them so they can also lose their jobs too?

I understand the frustration over the cutbacks, and do so in a broader spectrum than being spoken of, but you DON'T solve problems by creating even bigger ones!

Support those employees at Red Lobster, Olive Garden and any other business (i.e. Sears) and preserve their jobs no matter who you blame for the cutback of hours! After all, they are the ones that are being hurt here, and we don't need to further make them suffer any more than we have to through ones political beliefs and actions!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-21-2012, 02:52 PM

Not that crazy about Red Lobster.Also service was poor, hopefully it was just that night.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.