redsauce

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twynsmom View Post
Hubby and I went to redsauce last night during their soft opening. We were impressed. The service was excellent, our waiter, Jason, was there for our every need, the food was very good and served in a timely manner and most importantly, hot! We shared a cup of Pasta Fagioli and that was very tasty and served piping hot. Hubby had Speghetti and meatballs and said it was very good. I had the Lasagna and that too was very good. The prices are very fair. Our bill including two drinks, was $32. Other than a couple of "bumps" not even worth mentioning, I would say they had a successful opening.

I stand by my original post. We've been back threre twice since my favorable review and it is still very good.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM

We ate there last night around 8 PM. Good service, good food, good price. Well worth going and we'll be back.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage
Smile Red Sauce!

Wow, sounds good to me. I was one that loved Red Lobster too. Quite honestly, we've only had two bad experiences in dining in the 14 months we've been here. One was as Whiskey Creek (Gone!) and the other was at Havana, very bad service and undercooked Salmon. All though I went after that to a luncheon and the food and service were very good.

We are not really picky though. Looking forward to trying Red Sauce. I actually liked Dominic's too! Never had a bad experience there.

Last edited by chelsea24; 02-12-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Eternal Member
Default Is something weird happening?

First of all, I ain't accusiin' nobody of nuthin'. Recently in another forum, someone suggested that a plethora of negative comments about the place (Havana??) might be the result of some ulterior motives. I make no such claim or innuendo. And lastly I am certainly not denigrating the integrity of new members of TOTV. --- okay, caveats over ---

Anyone else notice that an inordinately high number of recent restaurant "reviews" have been posted by people with 4, 5, 6, or 7 previous posts on TOTV? While most seem to be of the negative variety, some are defensive of the establishments. When Chelsea or Taz with their 9000 previous posts have a comment, that's one thing, but when a person's intro to TOTV is to torpedo a business, it makes me wonder. At least one poster admitted to being an employee of the restaurant, and I could totally understand his/her defense of the place.

Bye the bye, this is not a comment about this thread per se. I've noticed it in other restaurant threads. Maybe, as usual, my mind is off track, but it just struck me unusual, and a bit bothersome. I could, of course, be wrong.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e

Last edited by Muncle; 02-12-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Default red sauce follow-up

Let me begin this post with the comment - we wanted to like this place, the Villages needs another good Italian restaurant.
A group of 8 went to Redsauce Monday around 5:15. We were seated immediately. Server was attentive however wasn't very helpful when one of the diners asked about the Tomato Tarta...could not explain the dish. He "forgot" to bring us bread. (which was disappointing when it arrived). Requests for water refills were ignored. One of the diners ordered the house salad, but wanted it without dressing because of dietary limitations. The server was questioning why and that he would "have a hard time explaining it to the kitchen. Overall, 3 people had meatballs and spaghetti - rated ok, nothing great, Eggplant parm. - another ok, house salad dressing was rated too sweet, sausage/pepper and onion appetizer was the best dish of the group. Another had the grouper putanesca...nothing to write home about. Mozzarella,tomato and basil salad was also disappointing. We realize this place is new, but I doubt any of us would return for quite a while.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Default redsauce ok

We ate at redsauce on Tuesday night, February 10. We were seated within a few minutes as promised, & the service & food were good. We'd eat there again.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle View Post
Anyone else notice that an inordinately high number of recent restaurant "reviews" have been posted by people with 4, 5, 6, or 7 previous posts on TOTV?
I noticed the same thing. I think all reviews should be considered just one man's (woman's) opinion. However I give less credence to those who's only goal seems to be either promoting one restaurant or tearing another down. Sorry but we just don't know them as well yet so we have to take what they say with a grain of salt (food pun intended).

Russ
Old 02-12-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I noticed the same thing. I think all reviews should be considered just one man's (woman's) opinion. However I give less credence to those who's only goal seems to be either promoting one restaurant or tearing another down. Sorry but we just don't know them as well yet so we have to take what they say with a grain of salt (food pun intended).

Russ
So if you don't know someone, those opinions shouldn't be taken seriously? And if the unknowns post more than once or twice on TOTV there is an alternative motive?
Maybe some of the unknowns are tired of reading all the negatvie remarks and want to post the positive.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 AM

Twynsmom, I agree with you on this one. The number of postings a person has should not matter. I only have a few postings but have been reading Talk of the Villages for a good long time. I just don't post my opinion on things unless I think I have something worthwhile to say.
I have posted some very positive things about other service providers in the Villages. My earlier post here was just based on my experience.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I just don't post my opinion on things unless I think I have something worthwhile to say.
Thats good advice!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Sage
Lightbulb I believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twynsmom View Post
So if you don't know someone, those opinions shouldn't be taken seriously? And if the unknowns post more than once or twice on TOTV there is an alternative motive?
Maybe some of the unknowns are tired of reading all the negatvie remarks and want to post the positive.
I think the point Muncle and Russ were trying to make is that, in the past, people have joined and posted strictly for their own agenda. Competitive restaurateurs or business owners would post bad reviews or good reviews accordingly. Whichever helped them out the most. I don't think they were picking out anyone in particular, just to be wary of new postings that can damage a new business before it's had a chance. This is a free forum and not hard to join, so just asking to take reviews from newbies, both good and bad, with a grain of salt is a good thing.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
so just asking to take reviews from newbies, both good and bad, with a grain of salt is a good thing.
That was my point. The newbies may have a valid point but I wouldn't avoid the place based solely on their review since they MAY be a plant. It has happened and it can't be stopped but just be forewarned.

Now if I get a negative report from someone I KNOW is not a plant because I know the person then I take that more seriously. I might still go to the restaurant but if I have a bad experience then I know it is something that may not just be coincidental.

I just said that i give less credence to an opinion from an unknown.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

My policy is to form my own opinion (60's rebel spirit). I had a friend knock the food at a place the wife and I hadn't tried. We do consider ehat we hear but like to form our own opinion.

On one particular day while in LSL she suggested we try the place. Needless to say we both real enjoyed our lunch and will go back often.

Moral of the story is consider all the opinions but make you own informed decision.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:07 PM

)

Last edited by C_Dadeo; 02-19-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:13 PM

Last edited by C_Dadeo; 02-19-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.