redsauce

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Smile

Last edited by C_Dadeo; 02-19-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 PM

[.

Last edited by C_Dadeo; 02-19-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 PM

Last edited by C_Dadeo; 02-19-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Default Rumors

I hope that everyone would make a decision for themselves on where to go to eat. I think that this is a good forum but it should not be the be all or end all of any establishment. Red Sauce just opened. Give them a chance. We were just at Amelia's at the Waterfront after "hearing" they were going to close down. After enjoying our breakfast Ed our server told us that their sales are up over last year and just receieved a successful corporate visit. Go Figure!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Sage
Arrow Yummy!

We went to Red Sauce tonight with 3 other couples and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. And our waitress was a sweetie! She said they were opening up "The Market" which is just around the corner next to Ambrosia. It will be like an Italian Deli, also have some dinners to heat up at home, and Italian Bakery! I think Red Sauce is a wonderful addition to TV.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Veteran member

An Italian Bakery that is great news, we love Italian Pastries and Breads.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Platinum member
Default Rebuttal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle View Post
First of all, I ain't accusiin' nobody of nuthin'. Recently in another forum, someone suggested that a plethora of negative comments about the place (Havana??) might be the result of some ulterior motives. I make no such claim or innuendo. And lastly I am certainly not denigrating the integrity of new members of TOTV. --- okay, caveats over ---

Anyone else notice that an inordinately high number of recent restaurant "reviews" have been posted by people with 4, 5, 6, or 7 previous posts on TOTV? While most seem to be of the negative variety, some are defensive of the establishments. When Chelsea or Taz with their 9000 previous posts have a comment, that's one thing, but when a person's intro to TOTV is to torpedo a business, it makes me wonder. At least one poster admitted to being an employee of the restaurant, and I could totally understand his/her defense of the place.

Bye the bye, this is not a comment about this thread per se. I've noticed it in other restaurant threads. Maybe, as usual, my mind is off track, but it just struck me unusual, and a bit bothersome. I could, of course, be wrong.
I am not one of those who has 9000+ posts, but I do have my opinion on some things and I thought that is what this site is about. I like to read the posts both positive and negative and then decide on my own. I know that food service is one of the toughest businesses out there. I worked for a company that owned 3 restaurants in the same town. My bosses welcomed feedback both good and bad. That is only one of the ways businesses know what they're doing right and what is wrong and where changes need to occur. From some of what I read in a number of the posts on Havana (yes, I posted one), I saw for myself. We had both good and bad experiences within our group. What we all did agree on was the waitress....she was terrific. My intent was not to "torpedo" the business and I'm sorry if you saw it as such. And yes, I will try them again.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dadeo View Post
I wish someone would pound DADEO on the back , I think he's choked..

might have been the veal.........

fumar
Old 03-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Redsauce

OK
Here's my two cents , We called for a reservation and six of us went in at prime time , 6:00 oclock.....We were seated immediately , Ordered wine and it was there in 10 minutes. Food was there in 20 minutes . It was hot , delicious and just what we ordered , 5 of the 6 meals was excellent , the 6th wasn't so hot (mine) pizza and I wouldn't order it again......Service was very good .......
On the downside , 6 people in a booth sucks, (as my grandson would say) but the shingles on the roof were very nice , the decor was lovely. (wife) The hostess was beautiful but would not give me her number , (does anyone know what an OLD FOGY is) All in all it was a pleasant experience and we will go back again

however , the Ocean View wasn't all that hot either ...

fumar ..
Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Default Fair is Fair

So,...back in Jan I posted a not so good review of Red Sauce.
We went back this weekend just to see if anything had improved. Yup!!!! and we were very happy. The reception was prompt and we picked our table. The server was well informed and very accomodating. The food was about 110% better than our first visit. Someone was payiing attention, nice job. I truly hope you can keep up the good work.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Dancing Thyme

Michaelkir, I hope your right and it has nothing to do with the snowbirds being gone.

But we also have had a good recent experience. I believe its after 9pm, they will serve bar food if you come in to eat. The pizza was delicious and the salads were great. There's no cooking at that time other than the pizza's or salads. If this is the case, your right, someone is listening and that's a good sign.

I think I'm correct about the time but if I'm not, someone please correct me. Thanks, kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Wife and I went and ate there in May and it was fantastic. Quick, good service, food FANTASTIC! Prices just right. We will be back!

Army Guy
Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
Wife and I went and ate there in May and it was fantastic. Quick, good service, food FANTASTIC! Prices just right. We will be back!

Army Guy
Hey army guy we probably met there. We were there about 6 times during the month and we loved their food. Good food and service for sure.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up Great !!!

Walked in @ 6:45. Seated immediately. Mgr came to the table and said server "John" will be right with us and asked if we wanted a beverage. Brought to us immediately, then bread, then "John". Fantastic service, food great, (Eggplant Parm & Spag & Meatballs) 2 for $20 night. Didn't know it going in. Entree, salad, dessert.... I'm a big eater & couldn't finish spag & mb. Food presentation, taste, restaurant appearance, staff, all great. Will be back.

Last edited by F16 1UB; 07-14-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Smile Red Sauce

Ate at Red Sauce tonight. Had the 2 for $20 special that was advertised in the paper. It was delicious and the service was great. Had the eggplant parm. Highly recommend trying it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.