Redsauce

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

We dined there the other night. I enjoyed their pizza. My spouse had the veal parm, which was not very good, and didn't like their sauce. The other complaint was that you only get ziti with the meal, no substitutions, and it wasn't very good either. We may go again and get a pizza for takeout, but that would be it. Also the waitress seemed kind of out of it. At one point we dropped a fork on the floor, which she definitely noticed as it almost landed on her foot, but she didn't bother to stop and offer to get us another one, she just went back in the kitchen. We found some unused silverware on another table and just replaced it ourselves.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
We've always enjoyed our meals at Redsauce.
Wow, this has been a great thread with the results showing a 50/50 split on for or against. When in doubt we alway check to Pturner who follows the food posts with an avid eye.
Skip 2
Old 05-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

When Redsauce opened they were good but now not a chance. Manager argued with me one time that I was wrong about the sauce and that was it. Never again unless I'm starving and there is no chace of that.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
Wow, this has been a great thread with the results showing a 50/50 split on for or against. When in doubt we alway check to Pturner who follows the food posts with an avid eye.
Skip 2
50/50 would not encourage me to go to any restaurant-quite the contrary. I wonder if they are reading these?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Default Another thumbs up

J and I just got home from a long weekend in The Villages. Once again, I have to say Redsauce was excellent. It was busy on Friday night but the service was excellent and the food was superb. Our waiter, "Remi" was outstanding. The owner came over and talked with us and we complimented all involved. Their bolognese sauce is some of the best I've had. Portions enough to share. On a side note, every time we come for a visit we are more and more convinced that this is where we want to live when the time comes.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

We ate at Red Sauce last tuesday with friends. We were down checking out our "dirt". My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi and the middle was raw! Maybe you shouldn't order fish at an Italian restaurant.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
We ate at Red Sauce last tuesday with friends. We were down checking out our "dirt". My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi and the middle was raw! Maybe you shouldn't order fish at an Italian restaurant.
Would you order Italian at a seafood restaurant?

I for one have never had a bad meal at Redsauce.

and,. . . there's probably as many opinions about sauce (gravy) as there are Italian restaurants!

Anyway, count me in as one of the 50/50
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

Welll. ......it was on the menu? You would think is would be good! I ordered the flounder ( a special) and it was excellent!!! Bad night perhaps?:confused NOT!! A restaurant should never have a bad night. That is my opinion.
Also an italian restaurant that doesn't have Chianti?
Old 10-25-2011, 04:02 AM
Veteran member

Took the Inlaws there Friday night and everything was top notch! Had the seafood combo over spaghetti and it ranks up there as one of the best. Father in Law loves Bologneses sauce and raved aout his. All was good, ate outdoors listening to Rocky and the Rollers and were unhurried in our dining experience.
It still ranks as one of our top choices to take visiting friends on their first experience with the Villages and our new home. That's not a risk for me as I feel Redsauce will be good everytime

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 AM

Sorry to hear you didn't like it. It is one of our favorites. Not every meal has been a home run but overall we thinh its great!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.