Restaurant Protocol

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2022, 05:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Restaurant Protocol

We went to a late dinner last night at an FMK Country Club. It was 7:30 when we got. there and were seated right away. Being it was Valentines Day, we expected it to be busy. We chatted as we waited for our waitress to bring drinks and take our order. It was over an hour before our entree arrived. Other parties that came after us had already been served. One couple had been served and had left before we got our entree which was ok because we were just socializing and in no hurry, but one of our party got in a snit.
When our food came it was cold. Ours was just warm. The two other couple sent theories back and when it came back, it was still cold. Wife and I continued to eat while the others were waiting. Felt odd to be doing that but we didn't't want our food to get any colder. Wondering what we should have done in the instance? Wait for the others or continue to eat? At the end, the manager was called and we got a 25% discount and a $20 gift card to another FMK restaurant. I felt sorry for the waitress as we could see that she was stressed over the situation. Tipped her good.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
We went to a late dinner last night at an FMK Country Club. It was 7:30 when we got. there and were seated right away. Being it was Valentines Day, we expected it to be busy. We chatted as we waited for our waitress to bring drinks and take our order. It was over an hour before our entree arrived. Other parties that came after us had already been served. One couple had been served and had left before we got our entree which was ok because we were just socializing and in no hurry, but one of our party got in a snit.
When our food came it was cold. Ours was just warm. The two other couple sent theories back and when it came back, it was still cold. Wife and I continued to eat while the others were waiting. Felt odd to be doing that but we didn't't want our food to get any colder. Wondering what we should have done in the instance? Wait for the others or continue to eat? At the end, the manager was called and we got a 25% discount and a $20 gift card to another FMK restaurant. I felt sorry for the waitress as we could see that she was stressed over the situation. Tipped her good.
You should always speak up Gazpacho is a dish served cold
Old 02-15-2022, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
You should always speak up Gazpacho is a dish served cold
So is Gak, but we don't have any Klingon restaurants in TV
Old 02-15-2022, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Can understand a longer wait but lately have seen several restaurants where food was sitting for a long time before being served.

Whose fault is it that server did not pick up when it was ready?
Old 02-15-2022, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So is Gak, but we don't have any Klingon restaurants in TV
So right. I get tired of having to make my own.

👽👽👽
Old 02-15-2022, 01:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
We went to a late dinner last night at an FMK Country Club.
Well, which one?

Skip
Old 02-15-2022, 01:52 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Wait for the others or continue to eat? At the end, the manager was called and we got a 25% discount and a $20 gift card to another FMK restaurant. I felt sorry for the waitress as we could see that she was stressed over the situation. Tipped her good.

I would have done the same as you and continue to eat after checking with the other couple(s). I would NOT have tipped for bad service; especially - not "good".

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-15-2022, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Wait for the others or continue to eat? At the end, the manager was called and we got a 25% discount and a $20 gift card to another FMK restaurant. I felt sorry for the waitress as we could see that she was stressed over the situation. Tipped her good.

I would have done the same as you and continue to eat after checking with the other couple(s). I would NOT have tipped for bad service; especially - not "good".
Did everyone get a $ 20 gift card?
Old 02-16-2022, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
you are actually supposed to wait for all to be served however under the circumstances the following applies -

All meals should have gone back, but that's a tough one. The kitchen isn't being run properly which you meal being delayed vs others is a key sign. Net is the varying temps. On some dishes that's a health dept violation due to temperature ranges.

It's not the server's fault - it's the mgmt and kitchen. plus the small reduction and gift card is a freebie for them and a nothing but a "get out" for you. Welcome to the ugly side of running a restaurant. They would have done better by doing a refire and getting the benefit of the tossed dinners.
Old 02-16-2022, 06:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Revenge is the only dish that is “best served cold”
Old 02-16-2022, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Sounds like staffing in the kitchen issue, they should have compted the check, for such a poor performance.
Old 02-16-2022, 06:56 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default Covid

this seems to happening at a lot at restaurants. It's a National problem since COVID has caused a big shortage in help. We try to be aware of this problem and tip very well even if service is not up to par. If there is a problem we do ask for the manager and they usually compensate us in some manner. It's very trying times for all and we ty to keep that in mind. We don't like cold food either and that should have been corrected. Hang in there this too will pass sooner or later.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:09 AM

Here’s a hint don’t go out on Valentine’s Day!! Always way to busy and overpriced… go the night before
Old 02-16-2022, 07:12 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

we ate a MezzaLuna last week, the place was packed. got our drinks and ordered meals promptly and then waited. 1 hour and 20 minutes. we were told there were only 2 people working in the kitchen. we spoke to the manager and asked why they would they would seat a full house when they couldn't possibly accommodate everyone in a timely manner. He just shrugged and walked away.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:27 AM

I'm sure there is a lack of staff in both the kitchen and the sevice area. I'm sure you've heard of "I can't get enough people to work."
Closed Thread

Tags
eat, couple, entree, served, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.