Restaurant reviews and Mezza Luna

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Default Restaurant reviews and Mezza Luna

I seldom write restaurant reviews. This is mostly because in my opinion, much of the information offered is not very useful. If you think about it, what do you get out of reading someone else's opinion about the food. They may like their steak well-done, I prefer mine rare, I may like a heavy red sauce that is simmered for hours, they may like a light, fresh sauce that is prepared in fifteen minutes, etc,etc,etc.

What is really a shame is when someone reads a negative review based purely on the writer's preferences and then passes trying the restaurant for themselves. All this being said, I do want to make a few comments about my wife's and my dining experience tonight at Mezza Luna (in light of a recent very negative review of this same restaurant by some folks who walked out without paying a portion of their check).

We arrived at around 7pm, could have waited twenty minutes for a table, but instead sat at a high top with no wait. The service was very good and the wait staff was friendly. The owner overheard me mentioning I didn't see a particular entree, he made a point to stop at our table, point out the item AND mentioned that if we wanted something not on the menu, to please tell our server and he would prepare it specially for us! My wife took him up on his offer, asked for shrimp over linguini with a spicy tomato sauce. We both asked for our pasta cooked al dente -- this is what we got:

The entrees were hot and and arrived timely. The salads were fresh, bagged lettuce was not used. The red wine was served at room temperature as it should be, the ice water was icy, the garlic bread was freshly baked, and yes it was buttered. How was the meal, you may ask??? We found the pasta cooked perfectly, and we both like spicy sauces, we both ordered items that should be spicy, and we thought they were delicious.

Before leaving, the owner checked to see if the meal was as it should be, and his son also stopped by and checked on us! We told them both we enjoyed our dining experience and would return. Oh, by the way, we do not know the owner, nor any of his employees. We hope his business does well and we hope this review might be a little helpful to anyone thinking about dining at the Mezza Luna!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Location: originally from southeastern PA, now a Collier TV resident and part-time RVer

Excellent review! Mezza Luna is one of our favorite restaurants in TV!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.