Restaurant Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Default Restaurant Suggestions

A couple of friends who are also Villagers but travel frequently are insistent on taking me for dinner. This is fine except I am charged with deciding where we will go. If I don't pick an upscale restaurant with excellent service and food they will feel I slighted the evening. In turn, if the restaurant is ridiculously expensive I will be embarrassed.

So, in my dilemma I come to my TOTV friends for recommendations. Bonefish Grill is under serious consideration as I've heard several excellent reports and I've not dined there before. Legacy Restaurant at Nancy Lopez is supposed to be the best in TV. I understand quality has a commensurate price but I'm hesitant to have them presented with a very high bill.

All comments and suggestions will be accepted with gratitude.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Veteran member

Outback and Sky Fusion are two of my favorites on Hwy 441.

I also like the Japanese Steak House, Up the Creek and RJ Gators at Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Sage

What and where is Sky Fusion?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Thumbs up

I think you are on the right track with Bonefish Grill. The Legacy (Lopez) is also an excellent choice.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
What and where is Sky Fusion?

Go here http://home.comcast.net/~thevillages...lub/page1.html Look under Village Sky...select V
Old 06-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

I take almost every guest that visits to CANE GARDEN CC.

I have never been embarassed by food, service or price.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I am really not trying to be arrogant with this response, but so far I would not identify any place I have tried in The Villages as expensive. And I know that is relative to income and I am still not retired and I live in the DC area which is expensive. Even Lopez with a bottle of wine was under $100 for two people. Not cheap, but also not expensive. Maybe there are some more upscale or pricey places I have missed, so let me know what they are.

For a place close by, great food, intimate, even better desserts, and still medium priced, I really like the Cotillion Café on 301 in Wildwood.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.