Restaurants I have been to recently in TV

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 06-12-2020, 06:40 AM
La lamy's Avatar
La lamy La lamy is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 766
Thanks: 234
Thanked 922 Times in 367 Posts
Default

Glad to hear about all the safety features that are implemented at restaurants, but my primary concern would be how the chef is being safe. Are they wearing masks? Somehow I doubt it since it's usually so hot in a kitchen. Don't want to instill paranoia in people who feel safe eating out, but restaurant food is always a question mark for me since I can't see the chef.
  #17  
Old 06-12-2020, 06:52 AM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,279
Thanks: 502
Thanked 7,338 Times in 2,396 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We went to breakfast at IHOP on 466 a few weeks ago. The service was terrible and the food was not good.

Every other booth and table was empty. As we were being seated at a table we asked if we could have a booth as I saw a few empty. We were told that we couldn't because it wasn't sanitized and they had a tree step process before anyone could sit there. A party came in a few minutes after us and waitress wiped down that booth in about five seconds and sat them there. They and another group that came in got their food before us. Our food was cold and not very well prepared.

But worse than all this was a 95 year old guy sitting in the corner coughing over and over. He was obviously in some kind of distress and the servers tried to help out by bringing him water.

They had separate entrances and exits but few people paid attention and the staff did nothing.

When the 95 year old was exiting, his companion brought him within a foot of our table. She looked at me and said, "He's 95 and has a lot of problems." Now that is not the fault of the restaurant, but you would think that someone taking care of a 95 year old with problems that causes him to cough would refrain from bringing him into public places, especially, a restaurant.

After that, my wife refuses to go out to eat.
Foolish that the guy was even in the restaurant and shame the manager did not ask him to leave or at least do takeout.

Been some time since we have seen an IHOP with good food and service either by us going or reports by friends.
  #18  
Old 06-12-2020, 06:56 AM
BlackhawksFan BlackhawksFan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lady Lake
Posts: 209
Thanks: 282
Thanked 165 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We went to breakfast at IHOP on 466 a few weeks ago. The service was terrible and the food was not good.

Every other booth and table was empty. As we were being seated at a table we asked if we could have a booth as I saw a few empty. We were told that we couldn't because it wasn't sanitized and they had a tree step process before anyone could sit there. A party came in a few minutes after us and waitress wiped down that booth in about five seconds and sat them there. They and another group that came in got their food before us. Our food was cold and not very well prepared.

But worse than all this was a 95 year old guy sitting in the corner coughing over and over. He was obviously in some kind of distress and the servers tried to help out by bringing him water.

They had separate entrances and exits but few people paid attention and the staff did nothing.

When the 95 year old was exiting, his companion brought him within a foot of our table. She looked at me and said, "He's 95 and has a lot of problems." Now that is not the fault of the restaurant, but you would think that someone taking care of a 95 year old with problems that causesn him to cough would refrain from bringing him into public places, especially, a restaurant.

After that, my wife refuses to go out to eat.
IHOP like Denny's is truly only good after about a half dozen beers and a close encounter with a big haired rocker girl who dances to all the Billy Idol songs.

Or at least it was in 1985.
  #19  
Old 06-12-2020, 07:52 AM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,279
Thanks: 502
Thanked 7,338 Times in 2,396 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
IHOP like Denny's is truly only good after about a half dozen beers and a close encounter with a big haired rocker girl who dances to all the Billy Idol songs.

Or at least it was in 1985.
Sad when a pancake place cannot figure out how to make good pancakes.
  #20  
Old 06-12-2020, 07:59 AM
butch69 butch69 is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Village of St. James
Posts: 42
Thanks: 32
Thanked 22 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Naldo's Mexican restaurant is doing a good job of separating diners (plus access to outside easting). Food, as usual was excellent. Best tacos we've ever had. Get the soft shell. One or two can fill you up (after free chips and salsa).
  #21  
Old 06-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Bill32's Avatar
Bill32 Bill32 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 846
Thanks: 51
Thanked 126 Times in 63 Posts
Default

We found the pancakes to be better et Perkins...
  #22  
Old 06-12-2020, 08:05 AM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We went to breakfast at IHOP on 466 a few weeks ago. The service was terrible and the food was not good.
Went to IHOP on 466 about 2012 for pancakes and my wife had eggs, neither one of us liked our food, and gave them one more chance and it was just as bad. Found Bob Evans across the street had much better pancakes. When they opened the Bob Evans at Colony we started eating there about every other week. Much better experience, food, and choices.
  #23  
Old 06-12-2020, 08:23 AM
kendi kendi is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 459
Thanks: 257
Thanked 390 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Lemon ricotta pancakes at First Watch are the best. Yum.
  #24  
Old 06-12-2020, 09:06 AM
New Englander New Englander is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Massachusetts, Pinellas, Now Sanibel
Posts: 1,585
Thanks: 336
Thanked 847 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Noticed a lot of younger guests in TV this week, if they are visiting people in Tv and they come from high Covid zones, how do we know they're not carrying the virus

We are still staying out of any and all restaurants, unless you've noticed--Florida is currently experiencing a spike in Covid cases

Its your choice, be safe
__________________
Is this a great country or what?
  #25  
Old 06-12-2020, 09:16 AM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 3,052
Thanks: 1,455
Thanked 3,547 Times in 1,095 Posts
Default

Been getting Sushi takeout from Sakura in Spanish Springs and VKI in Lake Sumter.
  #26  
Old 06-12-2020, 12:25 PM
Yucatan2's Avatar
Yucatan2 Yucatan2 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Telchac Puerto Mexico, The Village of Del Mar
Posts: 110
Thanks: 99
Thanked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Default

We went to Los Maguyes last week. Called ahead and they said they were operating at 50%. Got there early, did not seem that they had any tables blocked off, and they kept filling up during our time there. Servers had masks and gloves, but the gloves looked dirty, putting fingers into used drink glasses to carry them away....I would rather they just washed their hands often. Probably won’t go back there for now.

Also, went to Oakwood this week for the rib special. They did have every other table blocked off. Servers had masks and no gloves. Tables were wiped off well, but I did not see them wiping the catsup and bbq sauce bottles in between diners. I always felt those could be germy, I guess one could bring their own sanitary wipe for the bottles.
  #27  
Old 06-12-2020, 12:50 PM
salgent salgent is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Restaurants I have been to recently in TV

This all sounds good other than IHOP. For us the only way we would go to one here is if we were broke. Its a cheap date..I do remember going to one when I was 20 after a night out of drinking to much.
  #28  
Old 06-12-2020, 12:54 PM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,279
Thanks: 502
Thanked 7,338 Times in 2,396 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgent View Post
This all sounds good other than IHOP. For us the only way we would go to one here is if we were broke. Its a cheap date..I do remember going to one when I was 20 after a night out of drinking to much.
Back than IHOP had pretty good pancakes and did like the various flavored syrups.

Somewhere along the line they forgot they were a pancake restaurant and were supposed to offer service to customers.
  #29  
Old 06-12-2020, 02:19 PM
kaniess kaniess is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Village of Dunedin
Posts: 17
Thanks: 46
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Lemon ricotta pancakes at First Watch are the best. Yum.
Pleased to find that the lemon ricotta pancakes are back on the menu at First Watch. They were removed during the period that FW was doing take out only.
  #30  
Old 06-12-2020, 02:35 PM
NavyVet NavyVet is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 246
Thanks: 767
Thanked 185 Times in 116 Posts
Default

We have had very good luck with our restaurant delivery and pick up options. (Bob Evans, Bonifay, Havana, etc.) I still won't risk dining in, too susceptible. We try to do our part in stimulating the local economy. We always tip between 25 - 35%.
Two of the exceptional experiences we had were at Bonefish ordering their family bundle specials. Beautifully packaged with sauces/salad dressings on the side so you can control how much to use. For the 2 or us, it was easily 2-3 days worth of food or 4-6 meals. Delicious!
__________________



Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, chop, house, lopez, restaurants

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.