Reville Cafe

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2022, 07:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,665 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Agreed but if the food was horrible, plates filthy think I would warn people.
Quote:
That is why I asked OP for details which were never provided.
Soooooooo, created your own details?
Old 05-28-2022, 08:07 PM

Have had breakfast and then another day lunch. Both yummy and the staff very friendly
Old 05-28-2022, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Soooooooo, created your own details?
Since we have not eaten there yet why would I invent an experience.

So far seems like the place is doing well.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
We’ve waited so long for a breakfast restaurant in the Southern Oaks area but I have to say I was very disappointed with Reville. Curious what others think?
We loved it. Great food and service.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:01 AM

Quote:
We’ve waited so long for a breakfast restaurant in the Southern Oaks area but I have to say I was very disappointed with Reville. Curious what others think?
Have eaten breakfast there twice, both times service was great, wait was short, and food was very good. Glad to have a place close by to go eat.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:43 AM
Default Reveille Cafe- BEST FOOD in The Villages

Quote:
The place was packed but seated quickly by friendly staff. The freshly squeezed OJ was the best we ever had- worth the visit all on its own! The menu items were not just breakfast and lunch but elevated, imaginative- I wanted to order all of them. If you order coffee, you get your own insulated carafe !!!

The cinnamon swirl “cakes” pancakes were OUT OF THIS WORLD- like they flattened the best cinnamon bun ever made and topped in with warm syrup!!

The Mystic French toast was a religious experience- thick slices of Challah stuffed with cream cheese and topped with sliced bananas and strawberries drizzle we with vanilla rum sauce!!!

The smoked Gouda grits made the angels sing as well!!

They are open 7am-2pm everyday- and are full almost from opening to closing but we’ll worth the wait. We went at 8:30 - so we sat at the counter!! Considering staffing shortages at most places- they seemed well staffed and the whole staff- from owner/manager to kitchen staff, assisted with serving the food to ensure it was “hot off the griddle”!!! To ensure their service was excellent to those seated, they weren’t able to open the outside seating on the east side of the building.

After writing this, I am now hungry and craving some more Reveille- think we will go back today for breakfast- OJ, an omelette and grits will hit the spot!!

See you there!!!
Old 05-29-2022, 06:02 AM

Went in there once. Did not know it was kind of breakfast only. They do have a few salads and they had a vegan cheeseburger and a burger with an egg. I did not want to either of those asked them for a regular cheeseburger or if I could get the burger minus the egg. and they said they would be happy to make me one. Mine and the wife’s food were both very good. Place was busy but they got us in quick and got us taking care of food was good in service so good
Old 05-29-2022, 06:21 AM
Default Reville Cafe

Quote:
Ate there yesterday. Fantastic service, delicious food, reasonably priced. My new “go to” breakfast place.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:27 AM
Default Ratings

I like to use trip advisor to get an idea of who his higher ratings and maybe a review for whats good or too avoid. But at The Villages everything is rated so high it's worthless and some of them are not that good
Old 05-29-2022, 06:28 AM

I’ve eaten there for breakfast and lunch. It’s been excellent both times.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:37 AM

Overall I give it thumbs up but the potatoes are those little square ones straight out of a bag - that lowers it by one star in my head
Old 05-29-2022, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Eggs Benedict cooked perfectly, stuffed French toast, no need for syrup. Red velvet pancakes moist with cream cheese drizzle, .cream brûlée French toast better than having a dessert.
Omelets are good, but doesn’t stand out from other places.
Grits are good, but I do like flying biscuit better.
Eggs, bacon, potato breakfast good, but one can have that anywhere.

Many special pancakes and French toast you won’t find anywhere.
Lattes are good, but I would pass them over for their coffee. Breakfast and a bold blend, pot left at table.

Staff happy to be there, and the fresh squeezed OJ is unique.

Haven’t had any lunch items, still working my way through breakfast, which were sorely lacking anywhere in TV
Sounds awesome!!
Old 05-29-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Can you tell us what you found wanting there?
Sorry, I neglected to state the reason for my lack of enthusiasm. It sounds like their pancakes/French toast, etc. are the big draw for everyone, which I didn’t try. I got a scrambled egg dish which was supposed to contain mozzarella, basil and tomato but I had to dig deep to see any of that, a piece of dry toast (had to ask for butter which wasn’t even real butter), good bacon but horrible home fries. They were tiny little dried up squares poured right from a bag of frozen. Decent coffee and service. Not a bad place overall and I’m glad others are enjoying it because I certainly don’t want to see them fail. I’ll be sure to give them another chance.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, I neglected to state the reason for my lack of enthusiasm. It sounds like their pancakes/French toast, etc. are the big draw for everyone, which I didn’t try. I got a scrambled egg dish which was supposed to contain mozzarella, basil and tomato but I had to dig deep to see any of that, a piece of dry toast (had to ask for butter which wasn’t even real butter), good bacon but horrible home fries. They were tiny little dried up squares poured right from a bag of frozen. Decent coffee and service. Not a bad place overall and I’m glad others are enjoying it because I certainly don’t want to see them fail. I’ll be sure to give them another chance.
One bad review out of 28 posts…..rather telling….
Old 05-29-2022, 07:17 AM
Smile Reville

We went there this wk for the first time. Food and service was great. We will go again.
Closed Thread

Tags
reville, curious, disappointed, area, cafe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.