Reville Cafe

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2022, 10:14 AM
Thumbs up

I ate there about 10 days ago. We were seated quickly. Fast, courteous and efficient wait staff, The food was very good - hot and tasty. Our food arrived very soon after ordering. Potatoes were a little dry but still I ate everything. Great place.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:47 AM

I belong to a group who have breakfast together every Sat. We go to many of the Villages restaurants as well a others as far away as the Dam Diner. Compared to other places Reveille is in the 90th percentile. Despite this era of staff shortages, they had quick efficient service and the French Toast I had was delicious. Sometimes I wonder if posts like the OP aren't written by competitors.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

IDK. So many high fat and sugar foods mentioned in the these comments turns my stomach. Yuck! Haven’t been there yet but plan to try it. Now just gotta work harder to have an open mind.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
IDK. So many high fat and sugar foods mentioned in the these comments turns my stomach. Yuck! Haven’t been there yet but plan to try it. Now just gotta work harder to have an open mind.
I was thinking the same thing. My breakfast consists of one cup of coffee. But, apparently, some people consume more calories at breakfast than I consume for the entire day.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Would hope they post the calorie and fat content so we would know what to stay away from. We really do not need a 1000 calorie breakfast to start the day.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,923 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. My breakfast consists of one cup of coffee. But, apparently, some people consume more calories at breakfast than I consume for the entire day.
you need more then a cup of coffee in the morning , it’s even more important as we get older , on an empty stomach you are burning up muscle mass that you haven’t replaced , I’m not for big breakfasts guy either but I have 3 poached eggs on dry wheat toast at different places once or twice a week ,, the other days I have bob evans 100% liquid egg whites with dry toast and banana at home , no matter what you have , try to have some protein and fruit in morning your energy level will go up , I lifted weights today and now going for walk around the loop at Edna’s with my breakfast and my protein shake I’ve just finished fueling my energy levels , it’s a must for a guy 83 and for whatever age you are
Old 05-29-2022, 01:26 PM

Ate there twice- basic eggs, toast, home fries and bacon. Service great and friendly. Unfortunately the bacon was lacking in taste and was dry and chewy. The home fries were not god either - small pieces and not tasty.
Old 05-29-2022, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
you need more then a cup of coffee in the morning , it’s even more important as we get older , on an empty stomach you are burning up muscle mass that you haven’t replaced , I’m not for big breakfasts guy either but I have 3 poached eggs on dry wheat toast at different places once or twice a week ,, the other days I have bob evans 100% liquid egg whites with dry toast and banana at home , no matter what you have , try to have some protein and fruit in morning your energy level will go up , I lifted weights today and now going for walk around the loop at Edna’s with my breakfast and my protein shake I’ve just finished fueling my energy levels , it’s a must for a guy 83 and for whatever age you are
Wow seems like you are in better shape than most people half your age. Keep it up.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:05 PM
Veteran member
Default Home fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
We’ve waited so long for a breakfast restaurant in the Southern Oaks area but I have to say I was very disappointed with Reville. Curious what others think?
I really don't want my homes fries from the deep fryer. If I wanted french fries with my eggs that's what I would order.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalloy View Post
I belong to a group who have breakfast together every Sat. We go to many of the Villages restaurants as well a others as far away as the Dam Diner. Compared to other places Reveille is in the 90th percentile. Despite this era of staff shortages, they had quick efficient service and the French Toast I had was delicious. Sometimes I wonder if posts like the OP aren't written by competitors.
Seriously? So if someone is in the minority with their opinion that automatically makes them suspect? I can assure you I am not a competitor. I thought this section was a place to review and comment on restaurant experiences. Guess not.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:43 PM
Veteran member

If you want a smaller breakfast you can get a crepe. The blueberry lemons ones were so go I haven’t ventured to the rest of the menu.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,589 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, I neglected to state the reason for my lack of enthusiasm. It sounds like their pancakes/French toast, etc. are the big draw for everyone, which I didn’t try. I got a scrambled egg dish which was supposed to contain mozzarella, basil and tomato but I had to dig deep to see any of that, a piece of dry toast (had to ask for butter which wasn’t even real butter), good bacon but horrible home fries. They were tiny little dried up squares poured right from a bag of frozen. Decent coffee and service. Not a bad place overall and I’m glad others are enjoying it because I certainly don’t want to see them fail. I’ll be sure to give them another chance.
I haven’t been disappointed in the egg dishes, just nothing to write blog about. All toast come dry, so need to ask. Potatoes are ok, but works well when your perfect eggs Benedict needs the potatoes to get the runny yoke on your fork.

Just my opinion, but if you would have started with your second post, would have more helpful to readers, and less harmful to the owners.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:23 PM

My husband and I ate there and loved it! Will definitely go back!
Old 05-29-2022, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I haven’t been disappointed in the egg dishes, just nothing to write blog about. All toast come dry, so need to ask. Potatoes are ok, but works well when your perfect eggs Benedict needs the potatoes to get the runny yoke on your fork.

Just my opinion, but if you would have started with your second post, would have more helpful to readers, and less harmful to the owners.
First post was weak looking for some kind of support.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Seriously? So if someone is in the minority with their opinion that automatically makes them suspect? I can assure you I am not a competitor. I thought this section was a place to review and comment on restaurant experiences. Guess not.
So we're supposed to take seriously a one sentence "review?" Other than discourage patronage, just what good did it serve?
Closed Thread

Tags
reville, curious, disappointed, area, cafe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.