Ricciardi's Italian Table in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Most of us here wouldn't last ther either! Nice place to be FROM.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:06 AM

Yes, they have wonderful food. Nice atmosphere also
Old 06-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Italian? Which Italian? Are we talking about East Coast Italian American? Tuscan Italian? Sicilian Italian? Napoli Italian? Lazio Italian
( Rome)?

Each of these areas serves Italian food but each is DIFFERENT! It all depends what you like. Some of us grew up with Sunday Gravy, NYC style. Some with "The Chef in a Can". Whatever. Nobody says you have to like all styles of Italian cooking. Just find a place that caters to your wants or open one.

For me, fresh homemade pasta, meat and pesce is the first determinant of my restaurant choice. Pass those gates and I'm in.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Sage

Kapalua Bay, one of the greatest hotels, too bad its gone-now time shares & condos- we were there in 81

Aloha 1--you must have had some great times there
Old 06-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Reviews Page 1

Check the Villages Gourmet Club for more reviews of places.

We ate there once. It was OK. Ricciardi's Italian Table 3660 Kiessel Rd., The Villages, FL. 391-9939. (Italian) (Pizza)
Old 06-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Eternal Member

Please, please.... Stop talking about the food "back home" !!! No one cares, we don't live there.
I'm from Michigan. We had some wonderful food and lots of my favorite restaurants, but I don't live there anymore. I live here.
I can find something good everywhere I go.
I love all kinds of food.
My pet peeve is when someone comes on here or other forums and asks where's a good place to eat around the Villages and responses come back, nowhere, you have to go to Philly, New York, Chicago.... etc.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Please, please.... Stop talking about the food "back home" !!! No one cares, we don't live there.
I'm from Michigan. We had some wonderful food and lots of my favorite restaurants, but I don't live there anymore. I live here.
My pet peeve is when someone comes on here or other forums and asks where's a good place to eat around the Villages and responses come back, nowhere, you have to go to Philly, New York, Chicago.... etc.
Everyone has his own criteria about food, so it's not a question that can be answered anyway. Get online, forage out (pun intended) and make your own choices.

Except I will say it's helpful when someone does find a particular food that's as good as "back home," and lets everyone know. An example is the Michigan lake perch at the Shell station on 466A.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Everyone has his own criteria about food, so it's not a question that can be answered anyway. Get online, forage out (pun intended) and make your own choices.

Except I will say it's helpful when someone does find a particular food that's as good as "back home," and lets everyone know. An example is the Michigan lake perch at the Shell station on 466A.
That I appreciate. It just gets old when people say those who eat in our Village restaurants & Country Clubs, have no taste buds, don't know good food, probably grew up on Chef Boyardee, etc.
Just a small rant from me. LOL
Old 06-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
That I appreciate. It just gets old when people say those who eat in our Village restaurants & Country Clubs, have no taste buds, don't know good food, probably grew up on Chef Boyardee, etc.
Just a small rant from me. LOL
Agree.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

What if someone asks how to get to a good doctor ? And the reply is MCO or TPA ?
Old 06-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
What if someone asks how to get to a good doctor ? And the reply is MCO or TPA ?
Definitely not the same thing. That is about someone's health. Orlando or Tampa is certainly not unreasonable.
I'm talking about telling people to go to New York, Chicago, etc to eat a meal. Quite a bit different.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Definitely not the same thing. That is about someone's health. Orlando or Tampa is certainly not unreasonable.

I'm talking about telling people to go to New York, Chicago, etc to eat a meal. Quite a bit different.

Is feeds back to living in Central Florida in general. Wouldn't consider living here if it weren't for the Villages. Probably would be in North Carolina instead.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
I agree............."This pizza is nothing like NY." "This seafood is nothing like Boston." "The pasta around here is nothing like Italy." "This pizza is nothing like Chicago."

Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I agree............."This pizza is nothing like NY." "This seafood is nothing like Boston." "The pasta around here is nothing like Italy." "This pizza is nothing like Chicago."

Unfortunately all correct but I'm not a foodie. I can live without the best.
Closed Thread

Tags
margaritas, ricciardis, back, pizza, proper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.