Ricciardi's review

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2015, 02:55 AM
Sage

Pizza doesn't make a restaurant Italian. Dominos is not an Italian restaurant.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Ricciardi's Italian Table - Gourmet Italian Dining The Villages, Fl - Ricciardi's Italian Table - Our Table

We went there last month for lunch and it was OK. I do not have a very educated palette however.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Went there once.....awful food, good waiter.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Sage

Lots of people in the Villages love paying for Chef Boyardee as long as a server brings it to them. Golly I really wanted to eat some real Italian food. Things are pretty bad when they have to water down canned sauce.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Ah yes, it's Sunday here in America's friendliest hometown.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Sage

Nothing to do with being friendly-I don't like seeing neighbors & residents getting ripped off by restaurant who should know better. Chef's of Napoli is above average, so is the Italian restaurant next to Publix @ Virginia Trace.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Been here several times. Never a problem with the food or service.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Nothing to do with being friendly-I don't like seeing neighbors & residents getting ripped off by restaurant who should know better. Chef's of Napoli is above average, so is the Italian restaurant next to Publix @ Virginia Trace.
I'm assuming you mean Giovanni's, in Southern Trace plaza???

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Eternal Member

Chefs of Napoli was the absolute worst Italian food that I ever ate. I ordered Eggplant Parm which is very tasty at most places and is not hard to fix.

The eggplant was sliced wafer thin, boiled, and stacked betwen unmelted slices of cheese and covered with a very bland tomato sauce. It was not even browned in the broiler. No waiter or manager stopped by our table during the meal.

A friend who was with us ordered the veal "special of the day". She didn't ask the price and about choked when she found out it was $29.95.

Stay away from Chefs of Napoli!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Chefs of Napoli was the absolute worst Italian food that I ever ate. I ordered Eggplant Parm which is very tasty at most places and is not hard to fix.

The eggplant was sliced wafer thin, boiled, and stacked betwen unmelted slices of cheese and covered with a very bland tomato sauce. It was not even browned in the broiler. No waiter or manager stopped by our table during the meal.

A friend who was with us ordered the veal "special of the day". She didn't ask the price and about choked when she found out it was $29.95.

Stay away from Chefs of Napoli!!!
The eggplant was sliced wafer thin, boiled, and stacked betwen unmelted slices of cheese and covered with a very bland tomato sauce. It was not even browned in the broiler.

GROSS !!!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Sage

Looks like Giovanni's is the only Italian restaurant to go to in the villages. Haven't been to Chef's of Napoli in close to a year. Restaurants change just like the weather,
Old 11-23-2015, 08:10 AM

My wife and I ate at Mezza Luna about 12 days ago. The food was okay but our waiter's clothes smelled like he had been working on his car's motor. When he brought us the check I noticed that his hands and finger nails were black with grease. I sent a polite email to their website but never received a reply.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themachoman View Post
When will you folks get the message that these two joints are awful. Yes, I know they originally got great reviews from a small hand full of your buddies but by and large they are pretty bad. Perhaps you should be thinking of which restaurants not to go to depending on which regulars recommend them.
I don't make decisions based on reviews because people judge food by what they are used to eating or where they ate it and those people think their opinion is the ONLY opinion. I look at restaurant reviews on cleanliness not flavor. Besides, lots of posters, regulars or new, are hateful people that you can't please. Why would I go on their opinion? You might be missing out on a good meal because someone else bashes it. Look first to see if the poster bashes everything.

Last edited by Villager Joyce; 11-23-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I don't make decisions based on reviews because people judge food by what they are used to eating or where they ate it and those people think their opinion is the ONLY opinion. I look at restaurant reviews on cleanliness not flavor. Besides, lots of posters, regulars or new, are hateful people that you can't please. Why would I go on their opinion? You might be missing out on a good meal because someone else bashes it. Look first to see if the poster bashes everything.

[emoji106]
Old 11-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Do you mean Southern Trace?
Closed Thread

Tags
ricciardis, dinner, sauce, manager, flavor, failed, avail, table, times, good, chefs, italian, food, guess, neutered, napoli, watery, decent, chicken, fettuccine, marsala, time, review, night, alfredo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.