Sakura Japanese Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

No. Different owners! Sakura is a common Japanese word - it means "Japanese Cherry Blossom".

Skip
Thanks Skip, I know it's common but also an interesting coincidence.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Sakura

Took a party of 10 over the other night and the service and food was outstanding. Nuf said.
Just a note to our "happy hour" enthusiasts......"happy hour" is 11am 'til 6PM
Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Eternal Member
Default Question

Is this a Japanese hibachi type restaurant where they sit you with strangers or can you just get a table for two and order off of a menu?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM

No it is not like a Japanese Steak House (i.e. Benihanna (sp?) in PA). At Sakura you sit at your own table and order off the menu.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks. Now it is worth the trip.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Because of comments on TOTV, my hubby and I decided to try Sakura tonight. We are not big sushi eaters but love good Japanese food. We were not disappointed and we even tried a veggie sushi which was very good. I would definitely recommend to anyone asking about this type of restaurant. The service was great, and the food delcious. I will definitely be going back and ordering more sushi.

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Finally got to check it out today. There were three of us sitting at the sushi bar at lunch time. The funny thing is we were all from California (San Diego, Monterey, San Francisco). The vote was unanimous.

Jing was the sushi chef. The fish had no fishy smell, the selection was excellent, the plating was beautiful! Oh, did I mention the sushi was good? One thing I truly appreciated was that I had ordered ikura (salmon roe) with raw quail egg. Jing refused to serve it, saying the eggs weren't fresh. The hand roll of salmon skin was perfect -- a little spicy and wonderfully crunchy. The spicy tuna sushi was probably a little too spicy but still good. The octopus needed to be cooked a tad more but was still good.

My neighbor had shrimp heads compliments of the chef. He said they were excellent and offered one to me. Sadly, allergies prevented me from munching on one but they certainly looked yummy.

I also found out the best days to go for sushi were Wednesdays and Thursdays -- the fish, etc. comes in on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I'll definitely be back. So will the other Californians I ate with.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Excellent

Ate there last week....had a party of 12 and they seated us in a room to ourselves. Everybody....everybody and that don't happen often....raved about the food and the service. Only questions was if they thought us to be alcholohics????? Happy hour is 3pm to 6pm.....ya gotta get started drinking real early.

Try it....you'll like it
Old 03-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Going to take some really good friends to Sakura tonight. These are sophisticated people who have traveled worldwide and enjoy Japanese cuisine. Would those of you who have been there please give me some suggestions on items you especially liked. I'm looking forward to a very pleasant evening. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rjsjr

And they do have Japanese beer, too.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 AM

My friends and I had an excellent dinner here last evening. Very impressive menu and excellent service. This is dfn8tly a keeper!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Gold member

While my wife has been a fan of Japanese cuisine for a long time I basically had no interest in trying it. After hearing positive feedback from our friends and reading the comments on TOTV I thought that maybe I should give it a try. Now my wife is shocked that I tried it and even more shocked that I want to go back. We went last night and found the decor to be nice and the staff is be very attentive. I have to admit that I very much enjoyed our dinner. Soup, salad and dinner were excellent and they won me over. We/I will definitely be back!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.