Sammy Joe’s

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2023, 04:21 PM
Platinum member
Default Sammy Joe’s

On this forum it seems common to “trash” restaurants. This is not one of them! Quite the opposite.

We went to Sammy’s for lunch today. We were on a somewhat tight schedule. When our meals were delivered by the manager (or might be the owner), we asked to get our check ready. When she brought the check to us she apologized for the slow service. It took 22 minutes from order to food delivery. As an apology our drinks were free. We were not complaining and it was the manager who told us how long it took to get our meals.

We thanked her for the kindness. When we paid, the tip was 20%+ based on the on what the total would have been with the drinks.

We will certainly be back and encourage everyone to patronize Sammy’s if you are in the Mulberry area.
Old 03-24-2023, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
On this forum it seems common to “trash” restaurants. This is not one of them! Quite the opposite.

We went to Sammy’s for lunch today. We were on a somewhat tight schedule. When our meals were delivered by the manager (or might be the owner), we asked to get our check ready. When she brought the check to us she apologized for the slow service. It took 22 minutes from order to food delivery. As an apology our drinks were free. We were not complaining and it was the manager who told us how long it took to get our meals.

We thanked her for the kindness. When we paid, the tip was 20%+ based on the on what the total would have been with the drinks.

We will certainly be back and encourage everyone to patronize Sammy’s if you are in the Mulberry area.
How was the food?
Old 03-24-2023, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,673 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
How was the food?
They're going back. I'm guessing they liked it. Might be worth a drive.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

OBB! It's pretty good. Middle of the road. Nice place for a quick meal or a get-together with friends. They take reservations for small parties.
Old 03-25-2023, 05:44 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,304 Times in 562 Posts

Love Sammy Joes… they have it all & serve a pretty decent breakfast
I personally love the steak and cheese sandwich
You won’t be disappointed!
Old 03-25-2023, 06:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post

I'm not entirely in agreement that it is common on TOTV to "trash" restaurants. People are honest here about their restaurant experiences, though admittedly there is obviously more of a tendency to report the bad, than it is to report an experience that essentially meets your expectations. (Which is why the OP is so refreshing, I guess...)

In any case, Villages merchants DO read these discussions, and an accounting of a bad (or a very bad) experience at a restaurant or any other TV business could conceivably serve as a wake-up call to a manager or owner who may have had no idea that things were not going as he imagined that they are, at his or her business. Good for all concerned.
Old 03-25-2023, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I'm not entirely in agreement that it is common on TOTV to "trash" restaurants. People are honest here about their restaurant experiences, though admittedly there is obviously more of a tendency to report the bad, than it is to report an experience that essentially meets your expectations. (Which is why the OP is so refreshing, I guess...)

In any case, Villages merchants DO read these discussions, and an accounting of a bad (or a very bad) experience at a restaurant or any other TV business could conceivably serve as a wake-up call to a manager or owner who may have had no idea that things were not going as he imagined that they are, at his or her business. Good for all concerned.
How do you know they read TOTV?
Old 03-25-2023, 10:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We love Sammy Joes. The food is great. Breakfast, pizza, subs are all good. We eat there or take it home sometimes.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:11 AM
Platinum member
Default Psa

Bon appetit
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230326_070846.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	97645  
Old 03-26-2023, 07:31 AM

Our favorite pizza! We drive 30 minutes just to go there for pizza! The food, service and management is excellent. Try the garlic knots!
Old 03-26-2023, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How do you know they read TOTV?
The first time we used a plumber here, as well as the first time we used an airport courier service we mentioned that we'd seen positive reviews on their service on TOTV. Both replied that they read it regularly.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:44 AM

Has been a favorite of ours for many years. Really good pizza and the soup/sandwich lunch is satisfying too
Old 03-26-2023, 08:15 AM

It's a very good place to eat. And very close to the VA center.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conniehar View Post
Our favorite pizza! We drive 30 minutes just to go there for pizza! The food, service and management is excellent. Try the garlic knots!
Do you mean Sammy Joe’s near Mulberry or Sammy’s Italian Restaurant on 301? The owner of the latter is from New Jersey and, and it is the closest to ideal New York style pizza that I’ve found in the area. This is the first I’ve heard of Sammy Joe’s. Meanwhile, Sam’s St. John’s Seafood is closing this week, I believed. I will miss them.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,742 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Do you mean Sammy Joe’s near Mulberry or Sammy’s Italian Restaurant on 301? The owner of the latter is from New Jersey and, and it is the closest to ideal New York style pizza that I’ve found in the area. This is the first I’ve heard of Sammy Joe’s. Meanwhile, Sam’s St. John’s Seafood is closing this week, I believed. I will miss them.
The OP said it was in the Mulberry area, so I assume it is Sammy Joe's, which is in the Mulberry Grove Plaza.
Closed Thread

Tags
check, sammy’s, manager, meals, drinks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.