Silver Cricket

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Gold member

WOW!!! 18 of us went to Silver Cricket this evening and we asked that the chef come out of the kitchen. She did and was greeted with applause and a standing ovation. EVERY one of us were very impressed and will definitely return.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Default A Decent Meal- But they seem to be sliding

We loved the Cricket when they opened, especially for breakfast. I feel very sorry for Rebecca- she seems clinically depressed- but it does add a pall to the already sparse atmosphere.

It seems to be sliding in quality lately- I hope they can get their act back together, or else they won't make it.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Gold member

I have been reading the recent posts with interest as we planned a gathering at the Silver Cricket with some neighbors. We had been there for lunch (a decision made after reading earlier posts) and were quite pleased.

They were not very busy last night. Our service was very good and everyone seemed delighted with the menu selection. Most comments after the meal were very positive and reflective of the quality and presentation of the meal. Other comments included - "they weren't very busy, hope they make it", "they sure close early for a Saturday night", and "great meal for the price". Rebecca did come over to our table and was pleasant and thanked us for the business.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Dancing Thyme
Thumbs up Update on Silver Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
The Silver Cricket may be the best value in restaurants close to TV. I have been there on several occasions and find the quality at least equal to Outback, Glenview or Arnold Palmer. (No it's not up to Nancy Lopez standards). The price is something else again. One of their most ordered items is The Delancy Street brisket. It may be the best home style brisket I have ever had. The price at dinner is $9.99 and includes salad or soup, main course with two sides and a desert. Try finding that within TV.

This is a family owned operation that enjoyed great success in south FL (Hollywood to be precise) and moved up here because one of the owners (Rebecca) mother was aging and they wanted to be closer. Wish more of our kids could do that. The Silver Cricket serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have tried all three and dearly love the lunches and dinners, but cannot say the same for the breakfasts. JMHO

This is a restaurant you can afford to go to on an everyday basis when you just do not feel like cooking. When I have lunch there, I always have enough left over for dinner, with perhaps just a bowl of soup in addition. The service is good and at least one of the owners is always on the floor. Dinners range from $9.99 to 12.99 with an incredible variety. There is only one dish priced higher and that is the jumbo prime rib, that costs $15.99.

FYI, I have no financial or personal tie to The Silver Cricket. I grew up in a restaurant family and can recognize the real thing when I see it.
Mr. & Mrs. F16 and myself went there last night for dinner. It was fantastic. The owner and servers were extremely cordial, the food was excellent. Being on a diet, I had a turkey breast that was FRESH, not processed, and a double order of the most fantastic zucchini I have had in a long time. My salad was very crisp and fresh (not wilted romaine as I have experienced all over in TV) and the balsamic vinegar dressing was excellent.

F16 had brisket that he gobbled up in a second (but that's not unusual, that man has the greatest appetite) and the other meals were superb. After the meal, we got complimentary yellow pudding cake (of course I didn't eat my piece, but F16 did, of course again)....

We were the only people in the place but it was just prior to closing but we hear that breakfast and lunch does get more of a crowd.

Sure is nice to have someplace outside TV that we can enjoy that isn't crowded, has excellent food and prices and the management really pays attention to customer comments.

I must admit the name "Silver Cricket" did scare me a little. But I'm not scared any longer and will plan to return maybe to do some meet and greets with newbies.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Sage

We went there tonight for dinner and both had very tasty meals. We had heard good things about this place from folks here on TOTV and some of our other social groups.

We had beef burgundy over rice pilaf and beef stroganoff over noodles. Both dishes were plentiful (lunch tomorrow) and flavorful. Salad was crisp, soup was homemade, and a little piece of cake was just the right finishing touch.

It was fairly late (7pm) so there were only 6 other people in there (at least one group looked like some TOTV'ers...maybe the other one too); server was attentive and Rebecca was pleasant and friendly.

We will definitely go back and look forward to trying their chicken and seafood dishes.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Sage
Thumbs up Very Good!

We went to the Silver Cricket the first time for breakfast a few weeks ago with a bunch of neighbors, and then just this last Tuesday for dinner, about 12 of us. Everyone was very pleased. I had the Beef Wellington, my husband had chicken, several had the brisket. Dessert included! Yum!

I certainly would recommend it. When we were there on Tues, there were two other large groups and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. We didn't hear any complaints. Nice little restaurant!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 AM

I've also heard good things about this restaurant via KathieI. We plan on trying it soon and will report back.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Dancing Thyme

I'm thinking it might be a good place to do some breakfast "meet and greets" there. It might be a nice change of pace, and it would give them some business. Margaret is coming in this weekend and I might organize something like that for her to meet many of us. Let me know what you think. Unfortunately, she won't be here for the lunch today, so it would be nice to welcome her at b'fast????

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 01-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Only problem is, it's not golf cart accessible.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Default Silver Cricket Restaurant

I know how to get this restaurant on the map, we can have our Talk of the Villages meetings there.................
Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Dancing Thyme

Thanks Mr. Dills, but I think Crispers has become so familiar to all newbies that I'd hate to change the meeting place and cause confusion. Crispers is golf card accessible, has inexpensive and good food, and is very accommodating to us monthly. It also has the lovely outside area where we can gather and enjoy the sun.

I'll ask if anyone wants to consider it, and I'll let you know. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Only problem is, it's not golf cart accessible.
Car pool to the place. Well worth the visit for some good home cooked meals. So far there's been NO LINES. What a pleasant experience.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Sage

Is there an echo in here?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

Five stars from me. I and my date ate there Friday night and the food and service was very good. When we arrived there was a large party of....looked like 20 or more....so the noise level was a little high....they don't have much in the way of decorations for there was nothing to buffer the sounds, but we could not have asked for better service and the brisket portion was so big my date took half of it home for lunch the next day. Definitely will do 'em again.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Dancing Thyme

Yesterday, I had brunch there with 2 girlfriends from TOTV. Arrived at 1pm, was seated promptly, there was a small crowd there enjoying brunch. Food was excellent, egg white omelets just as requested, the service was FANTASTIC.... Couldn't ask for more. There will be more meet and greets at Silver Cricket very soon.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.