Singing Servers at Havana Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Gold member

[quote=Happinow;706983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
How do you know they have roaches. They said the bug on a previous post was a gnat. Per Jacky who said she was the waitress who served them.[/QUOTE

Here's the report.........

These are the recent inspection violations on 6/11/13 at Havana CC:

Violation NR. Observations:

14-09-4 Basic - Cutting board has cut marks and is no longer cleanable a repeat Violation **Warning issued

14-67-4 Basic - Reach-in cooler gasket torn/in disrepair. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

29-11-4 Basic - Leaking pipe at plumbing fixture. Underneath wait station ice bin. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

35A-03-4 High Priority - Dead roaches on premises. 2 dead roaches underneath cook line hand sink 3 dead roaches in dish room 4 dead roaches in office 2 dead roaches in corner of cook line behind refrigerator. This violation must be corrected by 6/12/13 **Warning issued

35A-05-4 High Priority - Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach crawling on dish room wall 1 live roach crawling on stone pizza oven on cook line 6 live roaches of various sizes in corner of ceiling at stone pizza oven 2 in holes in dish room 3 in crack in wall at ice machine. 3 in corner of ceiling over prep room hand sink this violation must be corrected by 6/12/13. **Warning issued

35B-01-4 Basic - Exterior door has a gap at the threshold that opens to the outside. **Warning issued

36-71-4 Basic - Floor drains/drain covers heavily soiled. Throughout **Warning issued.
36-74-4 Basic - Build-up of soil/debris on the floor along the walls, baseboards, cabinets and/or equipment. Throughout **Warning issued.

ALL THIS BEGS THE QUESTION...WHY EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT?
Sounds like the subways in NYC. Yuck.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Sage

Why does The Villages allow this Havana operation to continue to taint the place??

It's totally uncharacteristic of TV!!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Havana spotless compared to this restaurant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Why does The Villages allow this Havana operation to continue to taint the place??

Those violations are more common than you might expect. If you want to read about REAL violations, try this one:
http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...ly-vows-reopen
Old 07-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Those violations are more common than you might expect. If you want to read about REAL violations, try this one:
Old 07-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

Easy answer: Because they pay their rent!
About two years ago the health department shut down Katie Belle's and (I think) either Bourbon Street or Margarita Republic (can't remember which) on the same day.
Remember?

Skip
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post

But how many restaurants fail to promptly address these violations like Havana did?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Eternal Member

I'm sorry, get over the violations. They are all fixed and they have a clean bill of health ! Let's just wish everyone well. If we don't like a place, we just won't go.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Gold member

Doesn't anyone eat at home?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Gold member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
Doesn't anyone eat at home?
LOL Good question!! Nothing like cooking?? Always nice to know you put the ingredients in recipe, and not wondering what's in it. We do eat out, but not every night or day. I'm not sure we will try Havana yet, but probably will down the road. Plenty of Yum Yum locations in The Villages, to choose from.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm sorry, get over the violations. They are all fixed and they have a clean bill of health ! Let's just wish everyone well. If we don't like a place, we just won't go.
I agree!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
About two years ago the health department shut down Katie Belle's and (I think) either Bourbon Street or Margarita Republic (can't remember which) on the same day.
Remember?

Skip
Right as usual.

The Villages cannot have a say in the way businesses are run because they are just a landlord. I was kinda hoping they would fail to pay their rent and be booted so that we villagers would have a chance to see someone new and hopefully a little more to most people's liking take over.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Remember?

Skip
Actually, I wasn't talking about the health inspections violations. Some of those are common to most restaurants. It's the repeated accounts here and elsewhere of miserable or no service, bad/rotten food, and repeatedly being out of something so basic as beer in 90 degree weather when golfers are coming in by the dozen. I was told yesterday by a bartender at another TV popular bar that a whole group came there after leaving Havana in disgust......they were told cooking and food service would not be done with so few people in the restaurant and that if X number of people showed up to dine, THEN they'd cook/serve food. So they left and went elsewhere, saying "no more will we go to Havana". Complaints like this happen over and over again and it seems nobody gets it.

My hope was that TV would not renew the lease with this slop outfit ruining the reputation of one of TV's most beautiful venues.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.