Singing Servers at Havana Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Default Singing Servers at Havana Country Club

Singing Servers at the Havana Country Club is a first for the Villages! What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, or treat visitors. Opening Night was like New Year's Eve! It was fantastic. The food was delicious, but the entertainment was fabulous! There's nothing like georgeous, young, talented waiters singing your favorite songs! It's a hit!
We're going again next week with several couples before the Tour groups start reserving tables.

Contessa
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Sage

They have singing waiters at Havana????
Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
They have singing waiters at Havana????
New Management, new menu, new concept, Singing Servers started last week!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrip View Post
Yeah, well, welcome to the forum.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Sage
Default No more roaches

They can have all of the whoop de do they want but if the roaches aren't outta there I'm not going in! The kitchen inspection had roaches everywhere! I hope they get their act together because its a great spot.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Singing Servers at the Havana Country Club is a first for the Villages! What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, or treat visitors. Opening Night was like New Year's Eve! It was fantastic. The food was delicious, but the entertainment was fabulous! There's nothing like georgeous, young, talented waiters singing your favorite songs! It's a hit!
We're going again next week with several couples before the Tour groups start reserving tables.

Contessa
Gorgeous waiters aren't my thing, if you know what I mean!

Last edited by DougB; 07-11-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
We already heard on the other thread about singing servers, which is nothing more than:

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

With the disgusting, literally rotten food we had there, it's an insult to customers' intelligence to pretend that singing waiters would appease us.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
They can have all of the whoop de do they want but if the roaches aren't outta there I'm not going in! The kitchen inspection had roaches everywhere! I hope they get their act together because its a great spot.
How do you know they have roaches. They said the bug on a previous post was a gnat. Per Jacky who said she was the waitress who served them.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=DoctorA;706977]How do you know they have roaches. They said the bug on a previous post was a gnat. Per Jacky who said she was the waitress who served them.[/QUOTE

Here's the report.........

These are the recent inspection violations on 6/11/13 at Havana CC:

Violation NR. Observations:

14-09-4 Basic - Cutting board has cut marks and is no longer cleanable a repeat Violation **Warning issued

14-67-4 Basic - Reach-in cooler gasket torn/in disrepair. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

29-11-4 Basic - Leaking pipe at plumbing fixture. Underneath wait station ice bin. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

35A-03-4 High Priority - Dead roaches on premises. 2 dead roaches underneath cook line hand sink 3 dead roaches in dish room 4 dead roaches in office 2 dead roaches in corner of cook line behind refrigerator. This violation must be corrected by 6/12/13 **Warning issued

35A-05-4 High Priority - Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach crawling on dish room wall 1 live roach crawling on stone pizza oven on cook line 6 live roaches of various sizes in corner of ceiling at stone pizza oven 2 in holes in dish room 3 in crack in wall at ice machine. 3 in corner of ceiling over prep room hand sink this violation must be corrected by 6/12/13. **Warning issued

35B-01-4 Basic - Exterior door has a gap at the threshold that opens to the outside. **Warning issued

36-71-4 Basic - Floor drains/drain covers heavily soiled. Throughout **Warning issued.
36-74-4 Basic - Build-up of soil/debris on the floor along the walls, baseboards, cabinets and/or equipment. Throughout **Warning issued.

ALL THIS BEGS THE QUESTION...WHY EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:52 PM

Wow I agree I had reservations for Saterday might but have to cancel. Thank you
Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

If you are referring to my previous post about a bug in my salad, it was definitely not a gnat. It was about 1/4 inch ling, thin and reddish brown bug. This was Monday night. I am not interested in eating salads out ever since. I am opting for soup from now on, at least the critters will be boiled and crawling around. Lol good source of protein?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Platinum member

You know what's worse than finding a roach in your food?

Finding half a roach.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:47 PM

When I called to cancel my reservations and told the hostes about these posts she put the manager on the phone. She claimed that these posts were from disgruntled ex employees. She also said all Resteraunts have bugs.

My wife thinks it is healthier to eat home so I hope she doesn't find that out.

When I spoke to the hostess she said they were fully booked tomorrow so I guess the bug hasn't hurt business. But I'm not eating there.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
She claimed that these posts were from disgruntled ex employees. She also said all Resteraunts have bugs.

When I spoke to the hostess she said they were fully booked tomorrow so I guess the bug hasn't hurt business. But I'm not eating there.
Wow, they must have a lot of disgruntled employees!

OK, someone from TOTV will probably check to see if all the tables are full tomorrow.

Skip
Old 07-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
When I called to cancel my reservations and told the hostes about these posts she put the manager on the phone. She claimed that these posts were from disgruntled ex employees. She also said all Resteraunts have bugs.

My wife thinks it is healthier to eat home so I hope she doesn't find that out.

It is normal for restaurants to have a few bugs but as always, it's what an owner/operator DOES about a problem that matters.

The problem with Havana is that they had these same violations repeated and warnings issued, with nothing apparently done about it.

And for us, I never saw bugs in my food, but it did look like and had the texture of leftover chicken meat that had been sitting uncovered in a refrigerator for 2+ weeks, and it stunk! They offered a replacement choice, but once I gag at the smell or look of rotten food somebody put on that plate without caring, I'm done. They gave us some coupon cards for two future free dinners or some such thing, but I couldn't look at going back there. And then we saw the health dept. inspections violations....

They need new ownership AND management, period. Why TV commercial property makes a new lease with this bunch is beyond me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.