singing waiters at Havana

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Default singing waiters at Havana

I would like to comment about, not only the food but the unusual entertainment. It was great food large portions and the singing was very professional. They were friendly most enjoyable. we will return on a weekley basis and bring all our visitors to enjoy. Jerhole1
Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Sage

We live close by, and I want Havana to thrive and experience a complete turnaround--with new management--because the previous ones have had more than enough chances. They haven't even done the bare minimum, which, if the food and service were going to be unpredictably bad, they could have at least kept the place clean.

This singing waiter stuff is the definition of:

"Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic".
Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Sage
Smile

I would avoid restaurants that feature entertainment. When I go somewhere to eat, I want to relax and concentrate on enjoying the food, with no distractions. Same goes for partners who talk through the whole meal, it distracts from the enjoyment of the food.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
We live close by, and I want Havana to thrive and experience a complete turnaround--with new management--because the previous ones have had more than enough chances. They haven't even done the bare minimum, which, if the food and service were going to be unpredictably bad, they could have at least kept the place clean.

I like your analogy of the Titanic deck chairs! Does Havana have new management? Of all the county clubs in TV they seem to have the most issues and it's pretty much from day one.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I am not one who cares much for singing waiters or violins or Marachi bands I want a good meal quiet surroundings and polite conversation
Old 07-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

Good one...I have to add that to my repitore which includes...
"Lipstick on a Pig!" &
"Whipped Cream on a dish of mud!"
Old 07-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum member

I have long watched the negative reports surrounding Havana!

As far as the new format is concerned, I have great faith in Maestro Dougherty, who is Music Director at St. Timothy's Catholic Church as well as 'Chief Honcho' of the Central Florida Lyric Opera. He is behind this singing waiter move, and I fervently hope that it works out!

Yes, it may fail. But, I urge Villagers to give it a chance! It may well become one of the most sought-after dining venues!

SWR
Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

I hate to be negative. i truly want this place to succeed. The singing waiters and waitresses were fantastic. I highly recommend this as something different and very entertaining. They are so young and talented! One is only fifteen years old. Their voices are incredible. And here is the problem. There was a live bug walking in my otherwise excellent Caesar salad. I immediately walked it straight to the kitchen, and no one at my table knew until they asked me where I went. The owner came by and offered me another salad, but frankly I was not interested. He gave me a glass of wine. When the waitress heard she comped the dinner. the Chicken Picatta was good, but others at our table had problems as well. A dinner served to one in my group after everyone else had eaten and another was cold. They took it back and nuked it. All in all we had a good time. The bread was excellent. I ate the rolls. If it weren't for the bug, I would not even be posting this. I don't think this is something that couldn't happen elsewhere. Bugs hitch hike in on the food you buy at the store. Watch in your own home, as well in restaurants. We live in Florida, and along with all the rain and natural beauty, we get a lot of bugs. I would not boycott this venue just because of this, but it does give me pause... Wash your produce well.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Dancing Thyme

Yikes!!!!

In my 71 3/4 years, I have NEVER encountered a bug in my meal and I have lived in very large cities that are probably full of those horrible creatures all over the place.

I'm sorry, but that does it for me.. You are too kind, Simp, I would have been screaming from the chandeliers. Nothing, nothing is worse than that. I'm done with Havana and that's a promise.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.