So I was in Too Jay’s Sumpter

Old 05-21-2024, 06:53 PM
Default So I was in Too Jay’s Sumpter

Went in today after Band of Brothers meeting. Wanted to get to-go. Walked in, sat at the bar, and waited…
Noticed a young woman behind the desert cabinet and ask if they had a bartender. You said no, and if I wanted a to-go, ask the hostess for a seat, then order. I thought no thanks. Then the manager walks behind the bar, and I ask him why I couldn’t order from the bar?
His words, now this is 3:52 pm, “The bar is closed at night”.

I saw 6 employees including the manager, and two couples seated in the dining are, so it was not a staffing problem. I think it’s just a lazy problem. Too Jays will be like Sonny’s soon. Poor management.
Really like their food.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:42 PM

You were in SUMTER, as in Fort Sumter.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,033 Posts

next time go to the one in Brownwood. they're nice, polite & helpful. yes, you can order by asking the girl behind the counter, then wait in the seats for your order. (there is no bar there). if you sit outside they will come & get you when it's ready. i can see why they may want to close the bar early, there's plenty of other places to drink, & don't want inebriated customers
Old 05-21-2024, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
next time go to the one in Brownwood. they're nice, polite & helpful. yes, you can order by asking the girl behind the counter, then wait in the seats for your order. (there is no bar there). if you sit outside they will come & get you when it's ready. i can see why they may want to close the bar early, there's plenty of other places to drink, & don't want inebriated customers
Great to assume if you sit at the bar it’s to drink. I don’t drink. You missed the point. It was 3:52 pm. He said the bar was closed at night. He was lying. He be looking for another job soon enough.
Old 05-22-2024, 04:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,209 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElLegal View Post
Went in today after Band of Brothers meeting. Wanted to get to-go. Walked in, sat at the bar, and waited…
Noticed a young woman behind the desert cabinet and ask if they had a bartender. You said no, and if I wanted a to-go, ask the hostess for a seat, then order. I thought no thanks. Then the manager walks behind the bar, and I ask him why I couldn’t order from the bar?

I saw 6 employees including the manager, and two couples seated in the dining are, so it was not a staffing problem. I think it’s just a lazy problem. Too Jays will be like Sonny’s soon. Poor management.
Really like their food.

Worst management and staff I've ever seen, is Too Jay's.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Great to assume if you sit at the bar it’s to drink. I don’t drink. You missed the point. It was 3:52 pm. He said the bar was closed at night. He was lying. He be looking for another job soon enough.
Are you saying that the bar was actually open, and he lied about it? Why not just sit at a table as recommended? You could have had your drink. Sorry, but I don't get the level of emotion here.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Really like their food.
I’d have to side with Too Jays. You were given advice on where to place a to go order, there are also signs saying “place order here”. Just because you did whatever you felt like doing, doesn’t make them un-accommodating.

The world and all businesses run on procedures, opt to be difficult and you go hungry.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote:
you're correct, My Bad
Old 05-22-2024, 08:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,218 Times in 769 Posts

Sumter , not Sumpter.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:57 AM

This is a deli not a bar to drink at. Come on man!
Old 05-22-2024, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara828 View Post
You were in SUMTER, as in Fort Sumter.
Wow- Just Wow. Good thing you were here to point out flaws without offering anything by way of discussion.
Old 05-22-2024, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Are you saying that the bar was actually open, and he lied about it? Why not just sit at a table as recommended? You could have had your drink. Sorry, but I don't get the level of emotion here.
I don't see a 'level of emotion' on display here that is anything other than conversational
Old 05-22-2024, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Sumter , not Sumpter.
You knew exactly what I meant. Your projection noted.
Old 05-22-2024, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,294 Times in 5,459 Posts

Quote:
You knew exactly what I meant. Your projection noted.
Lucky we have the spelling police
Old 05-22-2024, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I wasn’t told the bar was closed when I first walked in and sat down. Just move along. Please. I’ve never been to a restaurant before where you had to be seated in the dining room by a host to make a takeout order.
you’ll be happy to know that I won’t be back, but it’ll probably closed soon enough.

Tags
bar, order, to-go, wanted, manager

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.