Sonny's BBQ a chance to sound off

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ
Default Sonny's BBQ a chance to sound off

I am meeting with the management of the LSL Sonny's next week. Here's your chance to let them know what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong.

I will be happy to pass on any constructive comments. This is an excellent chance to make Sonny's better.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 PM

The bride and I had lunch at the Villages location, we both had ribs, simply awesome. Great smoke ring, sauce selection was great, ribs had good flavor, service was great! It was so good we invited friends of ours to join us for supper at the same Villages location, we arrived at 7.30 which was our fault, we should have arrived earlier. We all had ribs, they were simply reheated which made them tough! We ate about 1/3 and simply could not eat them.

Our family tradition is BBQ smokin : Family competed this year at the best of the best in Douglas Georgia and the Jack in invitational in Lynchburg.

Moral is you don't reheat good ribs!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Default Sonny's

We stopped there last night for the first time, the service was fine, it wasn't busy, our waitress was friendly. The food was just not very good. It was the end of the day so that is probably why the restroom was unkept but we will not rush back.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelZ View Post
I am meeting with the management of the LSL Sonny's next week. Here's your chance to let them know what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong.

I will be happy to pass on any constructive comments. This is an excellent chance to make Sonny's better.

Thanks
I have never had a bad meal at Sonny's.
Mel, why are you meeting with the management?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Gold member

My wife and I enjoy Sonny's baby back ribs. Most often we order take out. We had bad ribs once (meat was tough, we are used to tender, fall off the bones easy ribs), attributed it to a bad batch of ribs and continue to patronize Sonny's.

I'm disappointed that they don't do a better (more) business. They have a full bar, nice location (plenty of parking out back), and have seemed friendly and attentive to our needs whether eating there or doing the take out thing. The place just never seems that busy. One of the bartenders said they tried to do a promotional football thing but couldn't get permission to put in a satellite system.

The owner (Ken Kirkpatrick) has been a Sonny's owner for years so he should know what makes them tick.

I'd hate to see them leave, hopefully your meeting will be productive.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Platinum member

Oh I love Sonny's!
The only part that makes me hesitate to eat there is that it's always cold inside, but not as cold as Too Jay's. If I'm wearing shorts and sandals I try to remember to take a sweater or a jacket to Sonny's and ask for a seat away from the fans. Unfortunately, because it is so cold inside, sometimes the food is not very hot when we get it. Please tell them to either put the fans on 'slow' or turn up the thermost a degree or two.
Thank you.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 12-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Banned

Every Sonny's I have ever been to has a Salad Bar except LSL. I believe Sonny's is synonymous with Salad Bar. Will not go back to LSL for that reason. It's not that far to Leesburg or Bellview to get it the way I like it.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Eternal Member

I would like to see the mustard based BBQ sauce as one of the standard bottles put out at the tables. When you ask for the mustard based sauce they bring you those little packets. Makes it feel like McDonald's and it is never enough!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Great Comments

Please keep them coming it's our opportunity to effect positive change. Ken Kirkpatrick and I have know each other for a while. He and I are having lunch next week............at Sonny's of course.

My purpose is to help make the LSL store a stronger store in his chain. I am doing this as an favor and will not get anything for helping him.

Mel
Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 AM

Ditto on the cold room and the need for mustard BBQ sauce. Service was fine and quality high when we went.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 AM

I agree about the salad bar. It's always been a main attraction for Sonny's. I think this was discussed on this site, but I was very disappointed when they opened without one. Is it too late to add the salad bar?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Default No Salad Bar Please

One vote requesting that salad bar NOT be installed. In these days of H1N1, it's not healthy to have a communal salad bar IMHO.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Veteran member

We ate there on Monday night. Mr.mac9 thinks that they have the best baby backs and ordered the all you can eat. The first rack was dry and had obviously been reheated. He asked to be brought another rack which they did and it was tender, juicy, and all of the other stuff that it its supposed to be. The refill was again dry and reheated. He again asked for it to be replaced. Because he ordered all you can eat, there was no problem. But why should he have to go through all of this to get a good rack. Someone else would have thought that Oakwood would be the place to go next time.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Default Lunch Ribs

The last time I had baby back ribs for lunch they were dry and obviously reheated. We never had that problem in Belleview, it has made me think twice about going back. I did not complain, the chef knew what they were serving. We will do our Sonny's trips in Belleview.

Charlie
Old 12-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Platinum member

I have patronized various Sonny's for years. However, since they have been in The Villages I have been twice. I prefer Oakwood on 441 over Sonny's. As long as Oakwood continues to please me I will go there for BBQ.
You might suggest Sonny's management visit Oakwood.
I am not recommending one over the other. It's just my personal tastes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.