Sonny's BBQ.... Never again

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Default Sonny's BBQ.... Never again

Dont know if anyone has dined at Sonny's BBQ at Lake Sumter Landing but I thought I would try it last night. NEVER NEVER again. Dont know how the Villages let such a dump occupy space at beautiful Lake Sumter Landing. Food, service and overall appeal was the worst I've experienced in the Villages. I'd be curious if I'm the only one. Not that it makes any difference because I will never go back and will tell everyone how bad it was.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Platinum member

This is one of the only resturants in TV that I haven't tried. I personally think their reputation precedes them across the country, so I've stayed away.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM

I have eaten at Sonny's many times and always had good food and service.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Sage

Their BBQ might not necessarily the best but we feel it's decent. Haven't really ever had anything that I'd classify as bad service. If we did, we'd speak with the manager on-site about it. They can't fix/address what they might not know about.

Bill
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 PM

Sonny's is great, best rib place in the area, I will try the new place on 466A for comparsion when it opens.
I had ribs at Oakwood and Sonny's are best IMHO
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Platinum member

Well, I guess I'll have to give them a try
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Their BBQ might not necessarily the best but we feel it's decent. Haven't really ever had anything that I'd classify as bad service. If we did, we'd speak with the manager on-site about it. They can't fix/address what they might not know about.

Bill
I tend to not settle for just decent,McDonalds is decent, and I've tried the " talk to the manager" route. I dont believe my experience was part of an isolated incident because I heard my waiter say "I'm sorry" over and over to 6 tables. Like I said I've had a ton of great experiences in Villages restaurants but this one really has me bent.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM

I hope this was only a fluke chance on a bad night. I like Sonny's, best sweet tea around and love their BBQ sauces. We always get the BBQ chicken special and love it. JMHO please.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 PM

Lived here 3 years, only ate there once. Never went back and I love BBQ.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Veteran member
Default I dont beg you to do your job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I tend to not settle for just decent,McDonalds is decent, and I've tried the " talk to the manager" route. I dont believe my experience was part of an isolated incident because I heard my waiter say "I'm sorry" over and over to 6 tables. Like I said I've had a ton of great experiences in Villages restaurants but this one really has me bent.
I NEVER complain to the manager,,, they only see it as someone who wants a free meal,,,, I can pay my way in this world,,, usaully the manager knows if he has a problem,,, but he really doesnt care.. and he doesnt want to make waves with his employees... I am not going to beg you to do your job,, I just dont return.... That is the case with SONNYs,,,
Old 12-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Dont know if anyone has dined at Sonny's BBQ at Lake Sumter Landing but I thought I would try it last night. NEVER NEVER again. Dont know how the Villages let such a dump occupy space at beautiful Lake Sumter Landing. Food, service and overall appeal was the worst I've experienced in the Villages. I'd be curious if I'm the only one. Not that it makes any difference because I will never go back and will tell everyone how bad it was.
Guess it will leave more room for us who like it then
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
I NEVER complain to the manager,,, they only see it as someone who wants a free meal,,,, I can pay my way in this world,,, usaully the manager knows if he has a problem,,, but he really doesnt care.. and he doesnt want to make waves with his employees... I am not going to beg you to do your job,, I just dont return.... That is the case with SONNYs,,,
I totally agree
Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
more room for us, too! always had a good meal, good experience and the nicest/most efficient waitstaff - whether it was 2 of us or 8 of us! bbq chicken is great!

Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 PM

I ate at that Sonny's last summer when we visited and loved it. Can't wait to move. That will be the first place we eat. I have been in Sonny Withdrawal for 22 years. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.