Speckled Butterbean

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

We pased by there a couple of days ago and the sign in the parking lot said it was for sale or lease.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Sage

Was going to make a new post until I found this thread. We drove on 44 today going past the Speckled Butterbean. The parking lot was empty and on the sign it said "For Sale or Lease" along with a realtor's sign in the front. So I would surmise this pretty much says it's closed.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

Before it was the Speckled Butterbean I understand the building was a Sonny's Barbecue. Must have been ahead of their time as a Sonny's would be appropriate now, especially with Brownwood now open. Is the other location of Butterbean still open? At any rate I am sure that a decent restaurant would be a success in the now vacant location.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

This was a place whose specialty was supposed to be chicken.Yet when you got your mashed potatoes ,the gravy was beef gravy not chicken gravy.That happened to me twice and I said that's it for this place.Perhaps with the Brownwood development someone will take it over who knows how to run a restaurant.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Default original "Bean" in Webster closed as well

I heard that the original "Bean" in Webster closed as well. They started out good but really cut corners as time wore on.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I heard that the original "Bean" in Webster closed as well. They started out good but really cut corners as time wore on.
We used to go to Webster "bean" for breakfast all the time and it was great, but heard bad things about the one on 44. About a month ago went to the one in Webster and it was shut down. Plan "B" we went across the rode to Hayseed and had a good breakfast and they said the "bean" couldn't pay their rent. Then noticed the one on 44 shut down about 2 weeks later.
They must have been pretty bad to not be able to make it when they had all the construction crowd for lunch who were working just across the street building Brownwood.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM

Heard through the (very reliable) grapevine that:
1. Sonny's closed due to divorce of the owners, and is now located in LSL, building on 44 was part of the divorce settlement aand had to be sold.
2. Butterbean closed due to one of the owner's gambling problem, apparently a husband and wife team. Also heard they owe tons of people tons of money.

Good food or not, it's a shame that they couldn't pull themselves out of it and hold out a little longer until Brownwood was really hopping!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Sage

Noticed a sign tonight (Jan. 29, 2013) on the marque outside the Speckled Butter Bean that said, "The Irish are Coming."

There is no longer a For Sale sign there either. Hmmm. What could it be? Beef O'Brady's perhaps? I hope not.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Default Butterbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Noticed that this restaurant is now closed. Can someone bring us up to date? We enjoyed dining there and do hope it will reopen.
Rumor has it there was a divorce and it has closed until.....?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Default Make a Small Fortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by blmarie View Post
Rumor has it there was a divorce and it has closed until.....?
Do you know how to make a small fortune in the restaurant business ?

A. Start out with a large fortune.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.