Speckled Butterbean in Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Eternal Member

Sounds like I will stick with Golden Corral!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Sounds like I will stick with Golden Corral!!
We were in the area today and decided to give the Speckled Butterbean a try. The fried chicken was great!! As good and juicy as the Golden Corral fried chicken. I liked all of the sides but then I am from Florida. My wife had the salad and the chicken. The other two meats were pork which I thought was dry and she did not like the looks of to begin with. As we were leaving they were switching to the supper menu and had meatloaf and stuffed something. I think the wife would have preferred a taste of those entrees.

We did not try the desserts because we were full but they looked good.

I was surprised that there were no soups.

The wife's only complaint (besides the vegetables) was that the various dishes were not labeled. At Golden Corral there is a label above each dish.

We might return if I can get the wife to get past the vegetables. Otherwise it is back to the Golden Corral.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Location: Mpls. MN, Indpls. IN, Chicago IL, LaMirada CA, Clearwater:Pinellas Park:Tampa:Viera FL-The Villages
Talking Speckled Butterbean Country Buffet

For a place that offers Comfort Food, a feeling of a cozy country kitchen, with country/USA music in the background this is a place for you. This is a BUFFET, you go get your own food, the waitresses will bring your drink and clear your dishes. They are very friendly. Unlike Golden Corral, where it feels 'cold' and unpersonalable this is a very comfortable place to eat.

They have it where you can get a card, and for every dinner you get you get a stamp on it, once you get 10 stamps you get a free lunch.

As of Jan. 5, 2011 their prices are:
Breakfast: 6am-11am Mon-Fri $4.95
6am-11am Sat & Sun $6.95
Lunch: 11am-4pm $8.25
Dinner: 4pm-9pm $10.95 every day but Friday
Friday - Seafood: $14.95
for Dinners on Mon., Wed., and Sat. they also offer besides the usual Buffet also many items that are BBQ.

Someone indicated that you can find cheaper meals. Yes, I agree. BUT, you have to get only the items in that meal instead of what you want. Also, you only get an amount that 'they' want you to have. Remember, this is a buffet, get as much or as little as you want.

It is located on the corner of CR44 and Powell. From The Villages go south from the intersection of CR466A and Powell/CR426. It is the corner that has a stop light and the new Villages/Wildwood/Sumter Library.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!! GET INVOLVED!!!:
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Of course, once Buena Vista Blvd. is completed between 466A and 44, this restaurant will be right at the southernmost entrance to TV.
Buena Vista has been opened all the way to 44 for several months now. Regularly use it to go into Leesburg.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Hi - new Villagers...........would appreciate other places folks recommend for breakfast. Will try Butterbean but seems a little high. Thanks!!
If you're near SS, try McCalls. Good food and VERY reasonable prices.
All you can eat pancakes for $3.95
Their breakfast sandwiches are excellent.
The only thing they don't have is a variety of waffles or french toast.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
Buena Vista has been opened all the way to 44 for several months now. Regularly use it to go into Leesburg.

Ed's post was from way back in May just about the time BV opened up. Rembember though that you can' get your golf cart there
Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Speckled Butterbean

I ate at the Speckled Butterbean twice and believe that the Golden Corral has more of a selection and better quality. I understnad this is a personal choice so some may disagree.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I disagree.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Buena Vista is finished from 466 A to 44 and it comes out near the Speckled Butterbean
Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I disagree.
Just (maybe) to be difficult... I would prefer to never have to eat at either of them.... If you want to eat processed food, there is a great selection at Publix!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 PM

Speckled Butter Bean is not diabetic friendly. Was there Sat evening and absolutely no sugar free desserts. That coupled with their high carbs food tends to keep me away but my wife's passion for drumsticks wins out on occasion.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Gold member

I think it's a cultural thing. Those of us from the deep south seem to like Speckled Butterbean. It's food we grew up eating and no, I don't think you can get anything like it a Publix nor do I think it comes in over-processed and frozen. Speckled Butterbean is not a chain. There are two restaurants, one in Webster between the cattle yard and the flea market, which has been there for many years and the newer one near Wildwood.
For me, it's good eats, but then I like collards and cornbread.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I think it's a cultural thing. Those of us from the deep south seem to like Speckled Butterbean. It's food we grew up eating and no, I don't think you can get anything like it a Publix nor do I think it comes in over-processed and frozen. Speckled Butterbean is not a chain. There are two restaurants, one in Webster between the cattle yard and the flea market, which has been there for many years and the newer one near Wildwood.
You said it all brother. Collards and cornbread!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Gold member

The other day I was in Cracker Barrel for breakfast and looked at the box of corn bread mix they were selling in the country store. On the back were the ingredients to be added to the mix when preparing, one of which was bacon fat. I knew there was a reason I never liked their corn bread.

Southern style cooking is definitely an acquired taste.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I'm not originally from the deep south (maybe south Bronx) but there is nothing like their collards and cornbread... ummmmmm.

they have a full salad bar, and I very much enjoy having a large salad with fresh fixins...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.