Sunday Brunch at Glenview

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Sunday Brunch at Glenview

Glenview has alway been our go to for brunch with or without company. Great prime rib, made to order omelette, shrimp, pastry, hot and cold items, made to order pancakes, hand sliced ham. Desserts that you could make a bad choice. Buffet was the entire front wall and side. We always have family in for May and June, Glenview was their favorite brunch.

So last Sunday had family in, didn’t take a look at buffet first, because it has always been great, Big mistake.

Omelettes were the same, pancakes made to order, but silver dollar size. Prime was so over done that a steak knife couldn’t cut, it much less try to chew. Hot/cold looked like it was left over from last Sunday, and even made Gordon’s food look good. The ham was a ham roll, kind of what the elementary school cafeteria would serve.

No desserts, so embarrassing with family in. Wait staff was great, not their fault. Last year people were waiting 20 deep while every table was full.

Sunday 6 tables were occupied at 11am. Our waitstaff said Sunday is no longer busy day for them. Won’t try again for awhile and will definitely look before being seated. And no there was not management available to ask why such a change in the quality of food
Old 06-18-2023, 08:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,617 Times in 948 Posts

I don’t understand the lack of breakfasts at the CC. Seems an 8/9 tee time, would lend itself to a pre round breakfast. Even a limited quick breakfast, coffee, juice, pre made breakfast sandwiches.

A sunday buffet should also be a hit (but as you posted, it HAS to be good) -

problem is the places get SLAMMED when churches let out. But, if we could spread out to different places, it should help
Old 06-19-2023, 09:52 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I don’t understand the lack of breakfasts at the CC. Seems an 8/9 tee time, would lend itself to a pre round breakfast. Even a limited quick breakfast, coffee, juice, pre made breakfast sandwiches.

A sunday buffet should also be a hit (but as you posted, it HAS to be good) -

problem is the places get SLAMMED when churches let out. But, if we could spread out to different places, it should help
Maybe the folks who would have to work those early morning hours before golf rounds start are already working elsewhere OR don't wish to get up that early to work!

Closed Thread

Tags
sunday, made, family, brunch, ham

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.